+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query on IELTS score for graduate degree program at Centennial College (Sep 2013

unni.nexus

Jan 18, 2013
Hi There,
I am software engineer having almost 6 years of experience; in which I got 2.5 years of experience in Canada working with a major insurance company. My role in Canada was primarily planning and coordination of quarterly releases. I was also participated in several strategic initiatives during that time. I was working in deputation and now I came back to India and I want to go back for business studies in Canada (my log time Dream) . I am looking for joining a graduate degree program at Centennial College (Sep 2013 intake).
I believe my profile is good enough to get an admission in Centennial; but I am worried about the IELS requirement. Last year I have taken general IELTS and I have scored overall band grade of 6.0.
My individual band score was as follows.
Listening – 5.5
Reading -6
Writing -6
Speaking - 6.5
OVERALL - 6
Anyone please answer my below queries?
1) Will Centennial College accept my application with my current IELTS score?
2) Will I get a student visa even though I am getting an offer letter from the Centennial College?
3) While processing visa I will get any advantage of having Canada Local experience to get an excuse in IELTS requirement?
If my current IELTS score is satisfactory; then I can avoid appearing again for the exam during a very busy time at my work and can also save some money!

Thanks

tiger007

Champion Member
unni.nexus said:
Hi There,
I am software engineer having almost 6 years of experience; in which I got 2.5 years of experience in Canada working with a major insurance company. My role in Canada was primarily planning and coordination of quarterly releases. I was also participated in several strategic initiatives during that time. I was working in deputation and now I came back to India and I want to go back for business studies in Canada (my log time Dream) . I am looking for joining a graduate degree program at Centennial College (Sep 2013 intake).
I believe my profile is good enough to get an admission in Centennial; but I am worried about the IELS requirement. Last year I have taken general IELTS and I have scored overall band grade of 6.0.
My individual band score was as follows.
Listening – 5.5
Reading -6
Writing -6
Speaking - 6.5
OVERALL - 6
Anyone please answer my below queries?
1) Will Centennial College accept my application with my current IELTS score?
2) Will I get a student visa even though I am getting an offer letter from the Centennial College?
3) While processing visa I will get any advantage of having Canada Local experience to get an excuse in IELTS requirement?
If my current IELTS score is satisfactory; then I can avoid appearing again for the exam during a very busy time at my work and can also save some money!

Thanks

Hi,

1. You need to appear for Academic IELTS and not the General one, for admission to any educational institute in Canada as an international student.

Centennial college IELTS requirements: http://www.centennialcollege.ca/international/requirements

2. & 3. The decision on an application for a Canadian study permit will completely be based on one's individual application package. Usually good academic record ( especially marks of last major degree) , proper course selection (preferably showing progression in same field) consistent profile, sufficient proof of funding and a decent IELTS score is seen as a standard benchmark to get the Canadian study permit. There may be more requirements, depending upon the citizenship of one's country.

Hope it helps.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

Guchu.Unni

Jul 14, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Good to hear that business studies is your dream.

Centennial College is good.

Please look into centennialcollege.ca/admissions/FAQ/ for further details.

Thanks