+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query on EE

supamh10

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian Province or Territory? (Skilled trade occupations)

while checking for score on CRS, wht is the option I need to take ?????

CHeers!

Hemi427

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
supamh10 said:
Do you have a certificate of qualification from a Canadian Province or Territory? (Skilled trade occupations)

CHeers!
Yes, if you have one and No, if you don't.

supamh10

Star Member
May 23, 2013
supamh10 said:

CHeers!
ok, wht that that really mean sirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr?

sorry for asking about options

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some trades (cosmetician or hairdresser, plumber, electrician for examples) require licensing before you can legally work in them. The idea is that working in these trades requires some skill to prevent harm - an unlicensed person wiring their own home could burn it down, an untrained cosmetician might not thoroughly sanitize instruments between clients, etc.. The provinces make sure that people practicing in these trades - or in licensed professions such as medicine, law, or teaching - have the education and skills to do it safely, and issue licenses to those they deem qualified to practice those trades or professions. The provinces or country also decide which trades and professions need licenses and which don't.

The question is asking those whose NOC corresponds to a licensed trade whether they have already obtained the required license to practice in Canada. If you have an NOC that indicates you are a plumber, for instance, it might give you an advantage to already have the license that would allow you to practice your trade in Canada immediately on receiving your pr.

supamh10

Star Member
May 23, 2013
dobes said:
Some trades (cosmetician or hairdresser, plumber, electrician for examples) require licensing before you can legally work in them. The idea is that working in these trades requires some skill to prevent harm - an unlicensed person wiring their own home could burn it down, an untrained cosmetician might not thoroughly sanitize instruments between clients, etc.. The provinces make sure that people practicing in these trades - or in licensed professions such as medicine, law, or teaching - have the education and skills to do it safely, and issue licenses to those they deem qualified to practice those trades or professions. The provinces or country also decide which trades and professions need licenses and which don't.

The question is asking those whose NOC corresponds to a licensed trade whether they have already obtained the required license to practice in Canada. If you have an NOC that indicates you are a plumber, for instance, it might give you an advantage to already have the license that would allow you to practice your trade in Canada immediately on receiving your pr.
Thanks you very much dobes!

example : I am an IT profession in one platform and if I am certified, can I take the option as YES?

Many thanks for all your replies

Cheers!!!!!!!

chad_80

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Mississauga, ON
NOC Code......
supamh10 said:
example : I am an IT profession in one platform and if I am certified, can I take the option as YES?
@supamh10,

I had been pondering over this for sometime. I am also an IT professional and want to to know if a certification, like from CIPS valid to get these points?

Anyone having clarity please answer!!

regards
Chad

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no. its there in the question, its about skilled trades. ie. hairdresser, electrician, plumber, sheetmetal worker,etc etc.
IT professional is a skilled occupation but its not a trade.

chad_80

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Mississauga, ON
NOC Code......
purplesnow said:
no. its there in the question, its about skilled trades. ie. hairdresser, electrician, plumber, sheetmetal worker,etc etc.
IT professional is a skilled occupation but its not a trade.
I had not read it carefully :)

Skilled Trades currently eligible for the Federal Skilled Trades Program are organized under these major and minor groups of the NOC:

Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades,
Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades,
Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production,
Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators,
Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks, and
Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers.

I got my confusion cleared...
thanks and regards
Chad

doubtingapplicant

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
A strange number in Express Entry Profile page

When I update my express entry profile, I see a strange number at the bottom of the screen, something like:

"My name and an eight digit number".

Any guess what is this number?