+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query on Canada PR and FSW class visa

Gauravt

Nov 25, 2013
hi Group,

I need some clarity on Canada PR and FSW visa category.

I am planning to apply under FSW 2014 category as my skills are in the SOL list and wanted to know few things:

1) If my application gets processed and I am grated the visa, then is that a PR that i will get or will it just be a work visa for some tenure.

2) If it is a PR then can I take my parents along with me ?

3) It it is not PR then any idea by what time usually one can get a PR ?

4) Once I get the PR, how feasible is it for me to take my parents along with me ?

Please if someone knows all this then let me know as I would be evaluating my decision on applying for FSW on these.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Gauravt said:
hi Group,

I need some clarity on Canada PR and FSW visa category.

I am planning to apply under FSW 2014 category as my skills are in the SOL list and wanted to know few things:

1) If my application gets processed and I am grated the visa, then is that a PR that i will get or will it just be a work visa for some tenure.

2) If it is a PR then can I take my parents along with me ?

3) It it is not PR then any idea by what time usually one can get a PR ?

4) Once I get the PR, how feasible is it for me to take my parents along with me ?

Please if someone knows all this then let me know as I would be evaluating my decision on applying for FSW on these.
1) PR.
2) No.
3) N/A
4) You will have to sponsor them. That will take, from the very first steps of you becoming a PR, at least 5 years and probably longer.

Gauravt

Nov 25, 2013
Thanks a lot for clarifying.

Another question that i have is, then what are the other ways i can get my parents (i only have my mother) along with me.

Any other type of visa that i can get for my mother ?

thanks,

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Gauravt said:
Thanks a lot for clarifying.

Another question that i have is, then what are the other ways i can get my parents (i only have my mother) along with me.

Any other type of visa that i can get for my mother ?

thanks,
Unless she can obtain a "Temporary Foreign Worker" visa, the options are only as a visitor in the short term. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp for alternatives. Either way, there is no "quick fix"...