+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query: Funds Requirement for Canada Visitor Visa

define

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
I am applying for Visitor Visa for Canada and have query about funds requirement.

To show proof of funds, can we show the bank draft in Canadian Dollars instead of 6 months bank statement?

Regards,
Define

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
When checking the checklist, it only shows 6 months bank statement and employment letter to be required as Proof of Funds, not sure why?

Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/supporting-documents.html#wb-auto-14
to make sure that it is not borrowed money from a relative or coming from an illegal activity. Salary slips if you are working for an employer or in case of self employed doing business then registered documents of your busienss and how you are earning the money. There is no face to face interview. Therefore, they go by the documentary evidence.

Reactions: nnekanma

nnekanma

Jul 7, 2023
to make sure that it is not borrowed money from a relative or coming from an illegal activity. Salary slips if you are working for an employer or in case of self employed doing business then registered documents of your busienss and how you are earning the money. There is no face to face interview. Therefore, they go by the documentary evidence.
But in this case of salary slip. Is there a certain amount you should earn to convince them?

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023
But in this case of salary slip. Is there a certain amount you should earn to convince them?
You don’t apply or submit documents to convince IRCC, you do so to impress them.
The more you try to convince them, the more they look deeper and verify. And by impressing them, they would be fast about processing your application.

apara

Feb 10, 2015
Hi, have one question regarding proof of fund. We are planning to bring my father in law to Canada to visit us. He is 74 year old and a widower. We had applied for his TRV last year but it was rejected with one of the reasons being insufficient funds to support his stay. Can anyone throw some light on how much funds in bank account statements will be comfortable for the visitor visa application. Note, both my husband and me have full time jobs and had shown our bank statements and mentioned that we would be supporting and sponsoring for his entire stay. But still it was rejected.
This time when we apply (either supervisa or TRV) we want to make sure that the application does not get rejected due to some unwritten rule for minimum funds.
So, if anyone having prior experience of getting TRV or super visa successfully can please let us know how much can be a comfortable range that has to be shown for my Father in law's bank statements, it would be very helpful.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, have one question regarding proof of fund. We are planning to bring my father in law to Canada to visit us. He is 74 year old and a widower. We had applied for his TRV last year but it was rejected with one of the reasons being insufficient funds to support his stay. Can anyone throw some light on how much funds in bank account statements will be comfortable for the visitor visa application. Note, both my husband and me have full time jobs and had shown our bank statements and mentioned that we would be supporting and sponsoring for his entire stay. But still it was rejected.
This time when we apply (either supervisa or TRV) we want to make sure that the application does not get rejected due to some unwritten rule for minimum funds.
So, if anyone having prior experience of getting TRV or super visa successfully can please let us know how much can be a comfortable range that has to be shown for my Father in law's bank statements, it would be very helpful.
apply gcms notes for your father and find out any real reason behind past refusals. How much can he show in his bank account statement? For TRV, it doesn't matter how much you earn and how much in your bank account. Nor does it matter if you would supporting and sponsor his entire stay.

apara

Feb 10, 2015
apply gcms notes for your father and find out any real reason behind past refusals. How much can he show in his bank account statement? For TRV, it doesn't matter how much you earn and how much in your bank account. Nor does it matter if you would supporting and sponsor his entire stay.
Thanks for your reply! We had applied GCMS notes and the 'insufficient fund' was mentioned there. But we couldnt find how much will be a 'sufficient' amount. So thought of checking if someone here knows how much minimum amount should be enough, to be considered.

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
Hi! I applied for my mother-in-law (super-visa application), there are two previous refusals for visitor visa in 2018 and 2019, if you and your husband, no children then it will around $42000 total income that you guys need to show that you earn annually through attaching your notice of assessment, paystubs or job letters. In our case, this time I applied for my mother-in-law’s super visa and showed around $70k in regular account and $50k in business account and from applicant’s side we showed around 8k in her account and we showed property evaluation which was around 2.5 Cr. , we showed the property evaluation in her name just because previous refusal reasons were that she will not come back as she had enough ties to home country, so in your case I am not sure how much you showed but I will definitely say if you apply for super visa that’s the best option to apply.
I hope that it helps you. Good luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you qualify for a supervisa? That would be the better option if your FIL has limited funds. Supervisas are primarily based on the funds of the PRs or citizens in Canada while TRVs are primarily dependent on the foreign visitors. There is no exact amount of funds that result in approval for a TRV. The VO will likely look back at his previous TRV applications so if he suddenly has 10k in his bank account than it will be pretty obvious that someone likely transferred the funds to his account and that it is not his own funds and he may be required to return the funds after the application.

apara

Feb 10, 2015
Thank you Dhillon96 and Canuck78. Yes, we qualify for the supervisa and are thinking of going that route. Your inputs were very helpful, thanks a lot!

apara

Feb 10, 2015
Hi! I applied for my mother-in-law (super-visa application), there are two previous refusals for visitor visa in 2018 and 2019, if you and your husband, no children then it will around $42000 total income that you guys need to show that you earn annually through attaching your notice of assessment, paystubs or job letters. In our case, this time I applied for my mother-in-law’s super visa and showed around $70k in regular account and $50k in business account and from applicant’s side we showed around 8k in her account and we showed property evaluation which was around 2.5 Cr. , we showed the property evaluation in her name just because previous refusal reasons were that she will not come back as she had enough ties to home country, so in your case I am not sure how much you showed but I will definitely say if you apply for super visa that’s the best option to apply.
I hope that it helps you. Good luck.
Hi Dhillon96, one question regarding the property evaluation certificate - was that issued by any Chartered accountant or government/municipality office?