+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query for open work permit.

Umesh1994

May 28, 2023
I applied my student visa on july 20 2022 and got it before october 2022. But my class start date was in september 2022, so i couldnot start my start class as i didnot get my visa. I defered and changed my course to may 2023. At the immigration, firstly, i got the study and co op permit for only two months.
I told them my scenario as my course was deffered to this May. They issued me a new study and co op permit with one year validity from now.

I want to ask you as they have issued new study permit valid from May 4 to one year, m I eligible for the open work permit or not ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied my student visa on july 20 2022 and got it before october 2022. But my class start date was in september 2022, so i couldnot start my start class as i didnot get my visa. I defered and changed my course to may 2023. At the immigration, firstly, i got the study and co op permit for only two months.
I told them my scenario as my course was deffered to this May. They issued me a new study and co op permit with one year validity from now.

I want to ask you as they have issued new study permit valid from May 4 to one year, m I eligible for the open work permit or not ?
Do you mean to work while studying? Does your study permit say you can work?

Umesh1994

May 28, 2023
The remark section states

May accept employment on or off campus if meeting the eligibility criteria per paragraph R186 F , V or W. Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
The remark section states

May accept employment on or off campus if meeting the eligibility criteria per paragraph R186 F , V or W. Must cease working if no longer meeting these criteria.
I think you already answered your own question...

Umesh1994

May 28, 2023
Did you read the link? I don’t know what your study permit says…only you know.
Yes
Too too much extant.

But its too much confusing,

It states that i should have applied for study permit before october 7 which I obviously did.
But the officer at immigration handed me brand new study permit dating from my date of arrival here. May 4.

In the second clause its stated that we must have applied for study permit extension after october 7 to get the full time working status.

Yeah, May 4 comes after october 2022 which is okay. But doonow if its study permi extension or brand new study permit.

How do I confirm the study permit is extended one or the brand new one ?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes
Too too much extant.

But its too much confusing,

It states that i should have applied for study permit before october 7 which I obviously did.
But the officer at immigration handed me brand new study permit dating from my date of arrival here. May 4.

In the second clause its stated that we must have applied for study permit extension after october 7 to get the full time working status.

Yeah, May 4 comes after october 2022 which is okay. But doonow if its study permi extension or brand new study permit.

How do I confirm the study permit is extended one or the brand new one ?

Your help will be highly appreciated.
Call IRCC and ask. Seems they extended your permit at border so you can work 20 hrs per week but again call IRCC and ask.

Reactions: Umesh1994

Umesh1994

May 28, 2023
I tried querying but get this as a result,

What does this mean,
Im kinda lost

By receiving this email correspondence, you are eligible to study without a study permit as of June 27, 2023, by way of a new, temporary public policy.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has implemented a public policy to temporarily allow eligible work permit holders, and those authorized to work without a permit under R186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, to study without a study permit.

Please read the information in the following links and carefully save this email for your personal records and for future enrolment at educational institutions. The links below outline eligibility and considerations for you to keep in mind including permanent residency implications.

A new application is not required to receive this facilitation.

New measure to benefit foreign workers looking to improve their skills

Public policy allowing some work permit holders to study without a study permit

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada