+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query - Bank sanction letter

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
Hello Everyone,

After the bank loan sanction letter is send to CIC for visa processing and the study permit is approved, will the sanction letter be required for any other purpose? Eg: at the time of port entry , in the college etc .
I suppose this can only be answered by students who already landed - if others are aware, please do pitch in.

Thanks in advance.

Jyoti Dhillon

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
IELTS Request
6 bands
Med's Done....
7/11/11
Interview........
weived
VISA ISSUED...
waiting for that.. baba g visavde do ....
yes even i also want to know bot this

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
Bhai CIC par sirf Photocopy bhejni hogi. Original apne pass rakhna. Port of entry par bhi dikhana hoga isse.

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
royalsting said:
Bhai CIC par sirf Photocopy bhejni hogi. Original apne pass rakhna. Port of entry par bhi dikhana hoga isse.
Royalsting,

Does it mean I can send a photocopy to CIC for the purpose of visa processing but should carry the original as it is verified at the time of landing?

Seniors/experts - please share your view

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
Yes, you only need to submit a photocopy although many here say it should be notarized which I am not sure of but yes only a photocopy has to be submitted to the embassy.

2ndly I am not very sure about producing photocopy or original sanction letter at the port of landing/entry.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadahelp7 said:
Hello Everyone,

After the bank loan sanction letter is send to CIC for visa processing and the study permit is approved, will the sanction letter be required for any other purpose? Eg: at the time of port entry , in the college etc .
I suppose this can only be answered by students who already landed - if others are aware, please do pitch in.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

At the Port of Entry, you need;

1. Valid passport.
2. letter of introduction from the visa office that you received when your study permit was approved.
3. a valid temporary resident visa (if required).
4. a copy of the letter of acceptance from your school.
5. proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Canada.

For more information;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-arriving.asp

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadahelp7 said:
Thanks Royalsting, Enfield - you guys are simply awesome.
Hi,

Thanks, but I am still not sure if any 'Proof of financial capacity' is required at the Port of Entry.

As per CIC website, it's required but members (who landed in Canada) say something different.

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
enfield said:
Hi,

Thanks, but I am still not sure if any 'Proof of financial capacity' is required at the Port of Entry.

As per CIC website, it's required but members (who landed in Canada) say something different.
I suppose the bank sanction letter is proof enough as it is used to prove financial capacity to CIC . It would be helpful to hear about personal experiences - could you share them please?

happygarcha

Champion Member
Jan 15, 2011
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11 May 2016 | App Received: May 16, 2016
Doc's Request.
November 18, 2016 December 16, 2016. Updated Schedule A request
Nomination.....
Approved
AOR Received.
24th August 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
May 02, 2017
Med's Done....
May 08, 2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
BG: 20 September, 2017 | DM: 02 December, 2017 | PPR: 07 December, 2017 (@5.30 PM Pacific Standard Time)
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
enfield said:
Hi,

At the Port of Entry, you need;

1. Valid passport.
2. letter of introduction from the visa office that you received when your study permit was approved.
3. a valid temporary resident visa (if required).
4. a copy of the letter of acceptance from your school.
5. proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Canada.

For more information;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-arriving.asp

hie mr.enfield
HERE I AM DISCUSSING ABOUT ONE OF MY FRIEND'S CASE....
if we submit all original documents to embassy then how could we have those documents...like all his original bank balance proof(printout of balance sheets form bnak) and his original loan letter and original CA report submitted to embassy and he got his visa but they didn't return those documents to him and i know they don't return to anyone.. then now plz tell in this case what should we do,,,,,???

ban

Aug 22, 2011
happygarcha said:
hie mr.enfield
HERE I AM DISCUSSING ABOUT ONE OF MY FRIEND'S CASE....
if we submit all original documents to embassy then how could we have those documents...like all his original bank balance proof(printout of balance sheets form bnak) and his original loan letter and original CA report submitted to embassy and he got his visa but they didn't return those documents to him and i know they don't return to anyone.. then now plz tell in this case what should we do,,,,,???
ya i have same question plz answer asap

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadahelp7 said:
I suppose the bank sanction letter is proof enough as it is used to prove financial capacity to CIC . It would be helpful to hear about personal experiences - could you share them please?

Hi,

Yes, exactly. I am sure there is no need to put off any financial capacity documents (loan sanction letter) at the Port of Entry, Canada. Problems, if any, comes at the Port of Entry/Exit (India), so it's better to be fully prepared with all papers.

royalsting

Sep 14, 2011
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Pending
IELTS Request
8 Bands
Interview........
Nope!
enfield said:
Problems, if any, comes at the Port of Entry/Exit (India), so it's better to be fully prepared with all papers.
Quoted for Truth

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
royalsting said:
Quoted for Truth
The Indian guys are messy at the airport !!
I speak from experience - few months ago I was flying to the UK, seeing a 'seetha-saatha' guy in line, the fellas at the departure desk wanted to know if he is off to do some chores in middle east - ridiculous !! They need to be told that not all books can be judged by the cover !