+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Queries Regarding Passport after getting an ITA

Deep29

Feb 23, 2017
Hi,

I submitted EE profile as "Married and Spouse accompanying" with below passport details:

Given Name - Mandeep Kaur
Last Name - Blank
Spouse Name - Not yet added to my passport
Address - Same as before marriage (i.e Not where I am currently living with my husband)

I received ITA on 22 Feb. I have a couple of Queries regarding my passport related:

Queries
1) As mentioned on CIC website, I submitted my EE profile by entering Given Name into Surname/LastName field. Just wanting to confirm that continuing profile without last name in passport won't be a problem

2) Will marriage certificate be sufficient proof of marriage and it is ok to continue the application with current passport details (without adding spouse name and changing address to passport)
2.a) If yes, hope that it will not hinder the police clearance certificate process? (Just heard that address on husband and wife passport should be same for getting PCC)

3. If spouse name need to be added to passport and address needs to be updated then
3.a) Shall I first continue my application by accepting ITA and submit details as per current passport and then in the mean time get the passport re-issued with mentioned changes before getting stamped? OR
2.b) Shall I get my passport re-issued in tatkal and then continue the ITA application with new passport details ?

alstar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
LANDED..........
07-08-2017
i can answer the confusion about last name and given name because I have the same issue. What you need to do is write your entire given name in the last name box and leave the given name/ First name box blank.

You can read about it here as well --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Deep29 said:
Hi,

I submitted EE profile as "Married and Spouse accompanying" with below passport details:

Given Name - Mandeep Kaur
Last Name - Blank
Spouse Name - Not yet added to my passport
Address - Same as before marriage (i.e Not where I am currently living with my husband)

I received ITA on 22 Feb. I have a couple of Queries regarding my passport related:

Queries
1) As mentioned on CIC website, I submitted my EE profile by entering Given Name into Surname/LastName field. Just wanting to confirm that continuing profile without last name in passport won't be a problem

2) Will marriage certificate be sufficient proof of marriage and it is ok to continue the application with current passport details (without adding spouse name and changing address to passport)
2.a) If yes, hope that it will not hinder the police clearance certificate process? (Just heard that address on husband and wife passport should be same for getting PCC)

3. If spouse name need to be added to passport and address needs to be updated then
3.a) Shall I first continue my application by accepting ITA and submit details as per current passport and then in the mean time get the passport re-issued with mentioned changes before getting stamped? OR
2.b) Shall I get my passport re-issued in tatkal and then continue the ITA application with new passport details ?

1. It will not be a problem.
2. Yes, marriage certificate is good enough.
a. That depends on the PSK where you would be applying for PCC, some ask the applicants to get the spouse name added, while some do not.
3. Yes, you can continue your application and start filling in the required details, while you get your passport renewed. If you apply for passport renewal via tatkaal, you will get your new passport within 24 hours while normal process would take a week. Once you have the new passport, you can update your passport details in the post ITA forms.

Check this thread to know more about post-ITA process http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ready-reference-steps-to-follow-and-documents-to-arrange-post-ita-t455826.0.html

Deep29

Feb 23, 2017
Hi,

Right now, I am applying for passport re-issue in order to add spouse name and change address (as it would ease in obtaining PCC).

I have one query related to my name on the passport. Currently name on various profiles is as below:

Passport:
Given/First Name - Mandeep Kaur
Sur/Last Name - Blank

Express Entry (with ITA received):
Given/First Name - Blank
Sur/Last Name - Mandeep Kaur

But I have my WES ECA report in below Name:
Given/First Name - Mandeep
Sur/Last Name - KAUR

So, I am thinking to change my name on the passport as per my WES ECA report.i.e:
Sur/Last Name - KAUR

WILL IT BE A PROBLEM IF I CHANGE MY NAME ON THE PASSPORT POST ITA AS DESCRIBED ABOVE

Deep29

Feb 23, 2017
Hi,

If anyone can please clear doubt on above query related to changing name on passport post-ITA????

Given/First Name - Mandeep Kaur
Sur/Last Name - Blank
** IELTS result with these details

TO:

Sur/Last Name - KAUR
** These are the name details on WES ECA report

Express Entry Profile:
Given/First Name - Blank
Sur/Last Name - Mandeep Kaur

NOTE: Already applying for the passport re-issue in order to add spouse name and change address.

Thanks,