+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec spouse inland sponsorship and open work permit/ CAQ

canadasnk

Mar 11, 2017
Hello everyone,

My spouse is about to submit his package for inland spouse application from quebec. We have everything completed as well as the open work permit application. However I have just now seen that anyone applying from within quebec must apply for a CAQ to work. I understand that we must apply for the CSQ after hearing back from the federal government but had no clue about this caq to go with the open work permit. I was wondering if anyone has any information about this or has done it?
Whilst looking at the info for a CAQ it says we must show offer of employment and go through the LMIA process, however I thought the purpose of the open work permit was that we did not have to do either of those things. If anyone has gone through quebec immigration inland process or has any information on the quebec process for the open work permit and obtaining the caq and if we even need to do this, or how to do this since he is on the family class program sponsorship it would be greatly appreciated as we are a bit stuck now!

Thanks so much!

renata.walker

Aug 26, 2017
Hello everyone,

My spouse is about to submit his package for inland spouse application from quebec. We have everything completed as well as the open work permit application. However I have just now seen that anyone applying from within quebec must apply for a CAQ to work. I understand that we must apply for the CSQ after hearing back from the federal government but had no clue about this caq to go with the open work permit. I was wondering if anyone has any information about this or has done it?
Whilst looking at the info for a CAQ it says we must show offer of employment and go through the LMIA process, however I thought the purpose of the open work permit was that we did not have to do either of those things. If anyone has gone through quebec immigration inland process or has any information on the quebec process for the open work permit and obtaining the caq and if we even need to do this, or how to do this since he is on the family class program sponsorship it would be greatly appreciated as we are a bit stuck now!

Thanks so much!
Hi! Did you got this issue answered?? I have a small question regarting the work permit. I'm sending the application for inland spouse sponsorship, including the open work permit aplication package. Do we need to pay the open work permit fees also?