+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Program

renjithxavier

Oct 13, 2012
Dear Friends,

I need your expert advice on the QSW Program. What is the difference between Federal Skilled worker Program and Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
If we moves under QSW, Its mandatory that we have to stay in Quebec. If there is possibility to move other province of Canada.
Please guide me on this with your valuable feedbacks.

Thanks in advance

Renjith Xavier

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QSW if for everybody who wants to settle in Quebec and FSW is for everybody who wants to settle outside Quebec. The criteria and rules are somewhat different and you may qualify for one more easily than the other. If you get your PR through QSW, you should not voice any plans of settling anywhere else, you should land in Quebec and preferably stay for at least 6 months. After that you would be safe to leave. Same if you get your PR through FSW, you would land outside Quebec but if you later wanted to move there, you could.

Reactions: Dardanell

renjithxavier

Oct 13, 2012
Thanks Leon for the post, If we got job outside Quebec if its possible to move out from Quebec. As you said we have to stay in Quebec at least for 6 months its safe after 6 months???

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There's no minimum time so it's a grey area but you sign a document stating that you intend to settle in Quebec.

If you land outside Quebec, immigration will ask you where you are planning on living. If you say anything other than Quebec, they can refuse to give you your PR.

If you leave Quebec as soon as you have landed, it is possible that nothing will happen to you but if immigration at some point decides to go after people who left such programs as soon as they got their PR, it will look really bad for you if you did not stay for a while.

If you stayed for a while, if anybody asks you in the future, you can say that you looked for jobs there and had problems. If you left right after landing, it will be obvious that you were never planning on staying.

renjithxavier

Oct 13, 2012
Thank you very much Leon :) for your valuable advice.

So the safest way we will land on Quebec once we got PR, stay there at least for a year. If its hard to find job or the living is too tough with the French community then we will think about the relocation.

Another doubt what i have, If the primary applicant is landed under PR, once he/she completed 3 years then they are eligible for citizenship right ? They became the Canadian citizen then there is any limitation for moving out from Quebec..?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even if you don't get citizenship, there is no limitation to leaving Quebec if you stay a year. Let alone if you stay 3 years and get citizenship.

can2174

Aug 9, 2013
Pune
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014 received on :07/05/2014 10:19 AM FEE charged : 25-062014 PER received : 07-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC requested on 08/09/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
What If we don't get enough score in french language ?
Will they still accept my application . Since 1st aug 2013, with new procedures they have mandated advanced intermediate level for french.
Also interview is conducted in french or english ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can2174 said:
What If we don't get enough score in french language ?
Will they still accept my application . Since 1st aug 2013, with new procedures they have mandated advanced intermediate level for french.
Also interview is conducted in french or english ?
If you want to immigrate to Quebec, you should start learning French and take it seriously. Otherwise, you could still apply under FSW.

patelaakash33

Star Member
Sep 25, 2013
I want to apply for fstw program (7313 refrigeration air conditioning mechanic) but have not work experience. And i have completed bachelor of computer application but i have not work experience in b.c.a so if i provide fake experience so it is valid?? Or creating problem for me my sister have pr for canada and i have job offer in foodcourt so what i do please inform me .

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
patelaakash33 said:
I want to apply for fstw program (7313 refrigeration air conditioning mechanic) but have not work experience. And i have completed bachelor of computer application but i have not work experience in b.c.a so if i provide fake experience so it is valid?? Or creating problem for me my sister have pr for canada and i have job offer in foodcourt so what i do please inform me .
Do not provide fake experience. Even if immigration doesn't find out and you get PR due to fake information, you will never be safe because if immigration ever finds out, they will revoke your PR and deport you and even if you have managed to get citizenship and they find out after that, they can strip you of that too because the original PR was based on lies.

Either get the required experience and then apply or leave it. If you want to work in a food court, you can see if you can get an LMO and a work permit but I assume this will be a low skilled job so it would not lead to your immigration unless it is in AB or BC and falls under the semi-skilled PNP.

patelaakash33

Star Member
Sep 25, 2013
Mr. Leon

Sir The owner of food court is my maternal uncle and he provide me a assistant manager post at him food court so am i eligible ???

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then he needs to apply for an LMO for you so you can apply for a work permit.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then it is unlikely that your uncle will get the LMO if you don't have any experience.

You have a couple of choices here. Either you get the experience to apply under the profession you have educated yourself for or you get experience in food court so your uncle will have a chance at getting an LMO for you.