+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Citizens10

May 6, 2020
Don't know what's going on. They should be working. I don't know if they will work better when they resume their work from office on September (as someone heard this news). When we are supposed to have our pr? Or are they thinking to postpone issuing pr until next year? This is so unfair and stressful. We have been waiting 2 years for pr after waiting 3 to 4 years for csq. People have plans. I don't know really. We must be a priority. Especially the time for pr is still 22 months. So what the hell they are waiting for?
This is too stressful and they don't even communicate how long it should take so that we could plan. I don't know if it'll even get better in September as they have already been working. In June alone, only 490 economical category PR have been issued for quebec while Ontario got 6500 PR in the same month(more than quebec total for the first six months... )

https://ouvert.canada.ca/data/fr/dataset/f7e5498e-0ad8-4417-85c9-9b8aff9b9eda?fbclid=IwAR07ajq5BCMzUVE2I3U2OwiMfpNAMAdqmO1_55w97bKDJTe6Uq1olfjiJXo#wb-auto-6

Rana H

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
This is too stressful and they don't even communicate how long it should take so that we could plan. I don't know if it'll even get better in September as they have already been working. In June alone, only 490 economical category PR have been issued for quebec while Ontario got 6500 PR in the same month(more than quebec total for the first six months... )

https://ouvert.canada.ca/data/fr/dataset/f7e5498e-0ad8-4417-85c9-9b8aff9b9eda?fbclid=IwAR07ajq5BCMzUVE2I3U2OwiMfpNAMAdqmO1_55w97bKDJTe6Uq1olfjiJXo#wb-auto-6
Why they are not isuuing for quebec? Do you know if these are paper based files? I heard that Paris office issued some but sydney still not? Do you have any information about Sydney office?

Citizens10

May 6, 2020
Why they are not isuuing for quebec? Do you know if these are paper based files? I heard that Paris office issued some but sydney still not? Do you have any information about Sydney office?
I don't know why. But I believe quebec skilled workers from 2018 and early 2019 are not paper based files, yet they are still waiting while some paper files from 2019 got PR. Paris issued some MR but not as much PR as Sydney since borders are still maintained closed. I think many offices are working but not really on quebec files.

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Don't know what's going on. They should be working. I don't know if they will work better when they resume their work from office on September (as someone heard this news). When we are supposed to have our pr? Or are they thinking to postpone issuing pr until next year? This is so unfair and stressful. We have been waiting 2 years for pr after waiting 3 to 4 years for csq. People have plans. I don't know really. We must be a priority. Especially the time for pr is still 22 months. So what the hell they are waiting for?
This is so true, it is very draining. Up to 5-6 years until PR and yet could even get worse. Some are waiting for PR, others for the MR and many for the AOR. Other programs are being processed smoothly, it is only Quebec that is being slow. I hope some officials would wake up or something and rectify this ASAP.

megoman

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your detailed response!

Have few follow-up questions, if you could please clarify..

i) In the guide q7000 to fill form: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-q7000-application-permanent-residence-quebec-skilled-worker-class.html, 'Schedule A - Background/Declaration' form mentioned is 'IMM 5669' and NOT 'eIMM 5669', it is only in the help centre page, https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=767&top=18, there is a mention of 'eIMM 5669'

So, worst case (if i can't manage to get the bar code created) can i still use form 'IMM 5669'(this doesn't validate form digitally) and sign it manually?

ii) In 'Addresses', do we need to mention, even the few days travel we made to native place in home country (eq: from one state to another state within India on a holiday)

iii) For form IMM 5406, when you say "..i did copy and past for the native language name", do we need to type the name in native langauge below the name typed in english as shown below, inside the 'Name' field?

<Name typed in English>
<Name typed in Native language>

Regards,
Sundar

hey Sundar - I am sorry about the confusion, i was not sure if i understand your concern about the barcode.... first of all, for Schedule A background , form IMM 5669 , you do not need to generate anything ! all you need is to fill up the form.... you need only to generate the code for the Generic application IM0008, that's all, so you are good to print and sign manually anything else.

ii- I still think the question was more about where did you live during what time..... means where your home was, so i have been traveling for three months, summer course in Montreal, then i rent a room, so here i have to list the address, because it's now where i live (though for three months), but traveling for few days, staying at family or friends, not really needed....

iii- yes you need to type it, i even checked now the new Schedule A for (06-2019) doesn't let me copy and paste.

Last edited:

Italy

May 23, 2020
Has anybody done the Medical tests upfront recently?

I am getting quite nervous as, after waiting more than 19 months without any action, I expect to receive the Medical request in the 2 months I am going to be out of Canada.
I wrote to the Immigration 3 times explaining my situation, but no useful answers, not even an yes or no about upfront tests.

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Hello All,

I am on ICT in Canada - TORONTO, and WP is expiring In October 2020 . Chance of extending WP is less.

I got CSQ last week and want to know how can I proceed with Bridging Open WP ? so that I can extend and stay in Canada

- need insight on this .. please..

Thanks.

Last edited:

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello All,

I am on ICT in Canada - TORONTO, and WP is expiring In October 2020 . Chance of extending WP is less.

I got CSQ last week and want to know how can I proceed with Bridging Open WP ? - need insight on this .. please..

Thanks.
Congratulations on your csq. As a csq holder you aren't entitled for BOWP.
As you work in Toronto and my guess is that you may not have applied for EE and got an ITA also you can't get BOWP.
Your only hope is employer specific A 75 cwp but you need to be working in Quebec for that.
Others can correct me if I am wrong here.
All the best

Reactions: megoman

Paris_m

Apr 1, 2020
Well, I guess the answer is simple; they don't want immigrants. Also, "the CAQ promised to cut immigration levels by 20 percent," which seems it is more than 20%.
https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/quebecs-immigration-numbers-drop-while-rest-of-canada-is-on-the-rise

Reactions: megoman

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello, Are you inland applicant? From what i see some inland applicants are getting prioritized. Also nationality + NOC preference?

megoman

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I guess the answer is simple; they don't want immigrants. Also, "the CAQ promised to cut immigration levels by 20 percent," which seems it is more than 20%.
https://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/quebecs-immigration-numbers-drop-while-rest-of-canada-is-on-the-rise
here we go .... thanks for the share....

I guess now we know about the "what's going on" question .... simply Quebec is slowing down the immigration flow because of the unemployment rate... all officers are working well, they finish cases quickly for all the other programs, until Quebec resumes the flow ... so definitely we will hear about some cases moving forward, slowly yes but constantly. Let's not forget that they cut 20%, at the end they have to process the rest..

Last edited:

anapaulap

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
Just a heads up that this article is from 2019. The immigration levels went up again in 2020. It is true that Quebec files take longer than other programs, however, the delays we are all experiencing are a direct result of the virus outbreak:
https://www.immigration.ca/quebec-to-increase-immigration-levels-to-44500-in-2020.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear news!

Reactions: Italy

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
here we go .... thanks for the share....

I guess now we know about the "what's going on" question .... simply Quebec is slowing down the immigration flow because of the unemployment rate... all officers are working well, they finish cases quickly for all the other programs, until Quebec resumes the flow ... so definitely we will hear about some cases moving forward, slowly yes but constantly. Let's not forget that they cut 20%, at the end they have to process the rest..
If this is true, then why they are granting CSQs in 2020? I am not sure what’s going on with them, yet am sure they are bunch of irresponsible lazy asxxxxx playing around with our future... I hope more files to be precessed in 2020...