+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Selection Certificate - forward to CIC myself?

tanigawa

Jul 2, 2015
I received a letter dated November 17, 2015 requesting a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) for my wife, whom I am sponsoring as an outland applicant. The letter indicated a 30-day deadline to submit the documents. I spoke to the Quebec immigration office (MIDI) by phone and they assured me that they would forward a copy of the CSQ to the relevant visa office.

We got the paper CSQ in the mail on December 9, 2015. I naively believed that MIDI would forward a copy of the CSQ. However, it appears that this did not happen. Just spoke to MIDI again today, and the call center agent assured me that it is not their responsibility to send it, I must do so myself. I then tried to call CIC but gave up after being on hold for several hours.

I also noticed that I received two original paper copies of the CSQ in the mail--one for "requérant" and one for "immigration canada". I only found one other forum post related to this topic, and it does not seem to have any clear answer for outland applicant.

Can anyone who has also received a CSQ confirm:
(a) did you receive two original paper copies in the mail? and
(b) was the copy destined for immigration canada forwarded by MIDI, or did you have to do it yourself?

Owl29

Nov 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-12-2015
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2015
Interview........
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
tanigawa said:
I received a letter dated November 17, 2015 requesting a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) for my wife, whom I am sponsoring as an outland applicant. The letter indicated a 30-day deadline to submit the documents. I spoke to the Quebec immigration office (MIDI) by phone and they assured me that they would forward a copy of the CSQ to the relevant visa office.

We got the paper CSQ in the mail on December 9, 2015. I naively believed that MIDI would forward a copy of the CSQ. However, it appears that this did not happen. Just spoke to MIDI again today, and the call center agent assured me that it is not their responsibility to send it, I must do so myself. I then tried to call CIC but gave up after being on hold for several hours.

I also noticed that I received two original paper copies of the CSQ in the mail--one for "requérant" and one for "immigration canada". I only found one other forum post related to this topic, and it does not seem to have any clear answer for outland applicant.

(b) was the copy destined for immigration canada forwarded by MIDI, or did you have to do it yourself?
I am still at the beginning of the process and waiting for my SA, but just today I read SPONSOR’S GUIDE:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/sponsorship/guide-sponsor.pdf

and at bottom of the page 21 it says:

"The decision of the MIDI will be sent directly to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that
is handling the application for permanent resident status of the person you are sponsoring. "

So it seems MIDI call center is useless as they don't even know whats written in their own forms :mad:

tanigawa

Jul 2, 2015
Owl29 said:
So it seems MIDI call center is useless as they don't even know whats written in their own forms :mad:
Could be a case of talk to 10 different bureaucrats and get 10 different answers.
I found another relevant thread with the title "DID YOUR VISA OFFICE ASK FOR A COPY OF THE CSQ?" (can't post links for some reason).

The last post says "I'm surprised that almost one month has passed and they haven't received a copy of the csq from micc"
Rather alarming if that's the normal state of affairs. If I courier it myself to the visa office, it could be there in a couple of days.
Well I'll try to get to the bottom of it and post my findings.

Owl29

Nov 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2015
AOR Received.
25-12-2015
File Transfer...
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2015
Interview........
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-04-2016
tanigawa said:
Could be a case of talk to 10 different bureaucrats and get 10 different answers.
I found another relevant thread with the title "DID YOUR VISA OFFICE ASK FOR A COPY OF THE CSQ?" (can't post links for some reason).

The last post says "I'm surprised that almost one month has passed and they haven't received a copy of the csq from micc"
Rather alarming if that's the normal state of affairs. If I courier it myself to the visa office, it could be there in a couple of days.
Well I'll try to get to the bottom of it and post my findings.
Thanks. Waiting for those findings :)

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ certificate dec 2015 because quebec did not send
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
june 10 2015 and sept 11 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Feb 11 2015 medical extended until January 2017
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
tanigawa said:

I had the same issue lately i am sponsoring my husband and our csq was not forward and the only reason i found out was there my caip notes. I was never contacted had papers since sept 2015 just sent them to immigration where my husband is end of dec threw fax

Turbo2000

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
DM1: 02-07-2015, IN PROCESS: 09-10-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM2: 12-18-2015
LANDED..........
JAN. 17TH 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
a. Yes I received 2 copies.
b. I sent just a scan copy to my VO thru CSE. My VO never asked for the original.
Even though it is mentioned on the CSQ that MIDI will be notified, it is always advisable to send a scan copy to your VO.
Some VO's however still demand for it.
If you are sending a hard copy, consider sending a scan as well.

tanigawa said:

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
Turbo2000 said:
a. Yes I received 2 copies.
b. I sent just a scan copy to my VO thru CSE. My VO never asked for the original.
Even though it is mentioned on the CSQ that MIDI will be notified, it is always advisable to send a scan copy to your VO.
Some VO's however still demand for it.
If you are sending a hard copy, consider sending a scan as well.
They dont need original because ypur spouse will need to get in country they only ask for copie

Turbo2000

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Yes, that is why there are 2 copies: 1 for the applicant (requérant) and the other for the VO (immigration canada).

During landing, the officer will only verify the CSQ and return it to the applicant.

That is the reason they are labelled differently. If your VO don't request for the original, then you keep both.

As stated before, some VOs still ask for the original copy.

lonelydreadswife said:
They dont need original because ypur spouse will need to get in country they only ask for copie

lonelydreadswife

Aug 1, 2014
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
April 14 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 22 2016
VISA ISSUED...
march 11 2016
LANDED..........
april 3 2016
Turbo2000 said:
Yes, that is why there are 2 copies: 1 for the applicant (requérant) and the other for the VO (immigration canada).

During landing, the officer will only verify the CSQ and return it to the applicant.

That is the reason they are labelled differently. If your VO don't request for the original, then you keep both.

Well maybe every country is different where i am sponsoring said to just send copie

granol

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015
AOR Received.
16-07-2015
File Transfer...
26-08-2015 (SA)
Med's Done....
27-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2016
Turbo2000 said:

Since it's the sponsor (me) who received both copies you have to send one to the applicant (my wife) because she will need it when she land or a scan copy will work?

Turbo2000

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Send her the original copy, some people have landed with just the copy...but I won't advise you to take a chance.

granol said:
Since it's the sponsor (me) who received both copies you have to send one to the applicant (my wife) because she will need it when she land or a scan copy will work?

tanigawa

Jul 2, 2015
Just to follow-up on this topic:

I scanned the CSQ to pdf and sent it directly to the email for my visa office. To my amazement, someone replied within about 10 days. They replied: "Please be advised that the scanned copy of your CSDQ will suffice. Your application will be reviewed by an officer in due time." So at least in case of the Manila visa office, just a scan is OK, apparently.

Still waiting with status unchanged at "in process" for the last 2 months.

Hope this information is useful to others.