+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration

Feb 16, 2014
Hey Guys,

M planning to move over to Quebec as a skilled worker. I recently learnt that there are going to be changes in the current immigration requirements for Quebec. Some have even speculated that they might downgrade the french requirements from B2 to A2 certificate.

Could anyone please advice me since I'm really confused as to how should I proceed, and that my immigration process has already started and will be applying for my selection certificate soon.

Thanks and appreciate your help

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Hello Hassan Nawaz Khan

Kindly elaborate more on your current status and nature of your application so that someone can help you in a better way. And specify where you have heard that the French requirement might be lowered to A2?? It sounds plausible because B2 is really hard to achieve.

Regards
ESZB

Feb 16, 2014
ESZB said:
Hello Hassan Nawaz Khan

Kindly elaborate more on your current status and nature of your application so that someone can help you in a better way. And specify where you have heard that the French requirement might be lowered to A2?? It sounds plausible because B2 is really hard to achieve.

Regards
ESZB
Thank you for your reply ESZB.

Actually my application is still in the initial stages. I'm applying thru immigrationoverseas.com, and they just yesterday provided me with the documents' checklist. The lawyer assigned to my case notified me of the expected changes by the end of March, which of course I did have some idea about prior to our conversation. The only new thing however was that they are expecting the downgrading of french level requirement. For that reason I was told to just furnish them with an A2 certificate for now, and they would file my case. Rest is luck. If the new rules do in fact downgrade the french requirement then I won't have to appear for it. Else, I would have to complete it for the selection certificate.

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
All help is available here and absolutely free of charge. Please beware of these consultants who charge you lot of money for nothing. Yes the current immigration program for Quebec will end next month. New rules are expected to be implemented from March onwards and I do hope they reduce the French language requirement to A2. That would be great.

If I can be of any help. You can PM me.

Best of luck
ESZB

selassieken

Feb 17, 2014
HI EVERYONE I AM A GHANAIAN WHO RECENTLY GRADUATED FROM UNIVERSITY BUT IN THE STATES FOR A VISIT . I WOULD LIKE TO APPLY FOR THE QUEBEC PROGRAM AND I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME HELP ON WHERE AND HOW TO START THE PROCESS. I RECENTLY SPOKE WITH ATTORNEY COHEN IN TOTAL I HAVE TO PAY A SUM OF 3500 USD . WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS.? SO I GO AHEAD OR IS THERE A MUCH CHEAPER OPTION WHICH GUARANTEES RESULTS . THANKS

jazv4

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
El Salvador
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
CSQ 05-08-2012, Federal 04-03-2014
Doc's Request.
13-05-2014
Nomination.....
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ 21-Dec-2012; Federal 4-Apr-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
selassieken said:
HI EVERYONE I AM A GHANAIAN WHO RECENTLY GRADUATED FROM UNIVERSITY BUT IN THE STATES FOR A VISIT . I WOULD LIKE TO APPLY FOR THE QUEBEC PROGRAM AND I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME HELP ON WHERE AND HOW TO START THE PROCESS. I RECENTLY SPOKE WITH ATTORNEY COHEN IN TOTAL I HAVE TO PAY A SUM OF 3500 USD . WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS.? SO I GO AHEAD OR IS THERE A MUCH CHEAPER OPTION WHICH GUARANTEES RESULTS . THANKS
You don't need to pay for lawyers or consultants to apply to quebec. you can fill all the forms by yourself and get all the paperwork yourself. Go to the MICC website, download the forms and start from there.

better take those 3500 and register on a french class because you're going to need it if your going to quebec

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Very well said jazv4 ! +1 for you.

Dear selassieken

All help is available here. All you have to do is ask. :) Start reading from following link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

Bonne chance!
ESZB

selassieken

Feb 17, 2014
thanks guys i have a degree in french which i speak and write fluently . i studied it for 5 years in college do i still have to take the delf and dalf to prove language proficiency?

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
selassieken said:
thanks guys i have a degree in french which i speak and write fluently . i studied it for 5 years in college do i still have to take the delf and dalf to prove language proficiency?
No harm in attempting official examination of french as it is their requirement for those who are not the citizen of francophone countries.If I were in your place,i would attend french exam with enthusiasm and submit the result to prove them that how devoted I am for french.

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
selassieken said:
hi guys do i have to add the birth certificate as well as the passport photo or i can submit only one . ?
Yes, you must submit both of them certified by notary public.

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Agreed with both replies by Subash. It is advisable to furnish a standard French language certificate. It will help to strengthen your case.

greencard14

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-12-2014
Can anyone provide some light on what the "area of training" refers to?

I have a regular education with a Masters degree and work experience from the US. Is area of training different from work experience?

Looks like I'm qualified only if I show that I have some sort of "area of training" while filling out the online assessment.

Can I please get more info?

Also, I have no experience in French, but still I have enough points to qualify. In case I'm selected for an interview, from other posts I see that the interview is going to be mostly in French, what should I do at that point?

Thanks!

selassieken

Feb 17, 2014
thanks guys for your support so after getting and filling all the applications where do i send it to ? there is no email or location or address to mail it to . please help

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Hello greencard14.

The "areas of training" refer to "professions"... the in demand professions in Quebec at present. So its same as work experience in a certain profession. Refer to the following link, which contains relevant details and the link to list of areas of training for 2013:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/list-areas-training.html

If you have enough points without French language then you may submit your application. You need to start learning French as soon as possible to make it through the interview.

Bonne chance
ESZB