Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2015 Decision Made: 30-06-2015 PP Submitted...: 1-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015 PP Returned....: 11-08-2015
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
Hi,

Anybody care to reply to my post above regarding an example scenario for education? I am sure that would help others who have similar confusions. Thanks.

mcgyver

Aviator786

May 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mcgyver said:
Hi,

Anybody care to reply to my post above regarding an example scenario for education? I am sure that would help others who have similar confusions. Thanks.

mcgyver
Hi Mcgyver!

As far as I know,u won't get 28 points...it would rather be 22(10+12) because u cannot claim points for both Quebec diploma and level of education simultaneously...for ur further clarification take this example, we know one can get max. 28 poiints in education,let's say ur area of training gave u full 16 points,so...would it be 10+16+6=32 out of 28? Highly unlikely :)

Aviator786

May 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sidrat Khan said:
Please advise!

I have done 4 years Bachelor's in Chemical Technology from Karachi University and my total years of education is 16. And currently doing job as Specially Chemical Sales Coordinator which is related to Canada NOC ; Technical Chemical Sales Executive. below are detail for Qubec;

Education : 4 years Bachelor's in Chemical Technology (Total 16 Years education).
Experience : more than 5 years in Specialty Chemical Sales and Marketing.
English : No Ielts ( but can provide English proficiency letter from University and Employer) or Do i Need to give ILETS exam.
French : Currently learning French from Alliance and would be giving exam in November 2011 for A1, A2 and B1 .

I Shall be grateful, if kindly me about my total points w.r.t my each category and when I need to establish my case for Qubec Skilled Migration.

Look forward to experts supportive response.

Thanks and regards

Sidrat Khan

Hi Sidrat Khan!

Plz reply at ur earliest...I really need ur info/help regarding French here due to lack of time and since v r from same territory v may have more or less same time-lines,that would really help both of us, in return if u have any query regarding points or procedure or anything related, I would be pleased to let u know about anything in my knowledge

A bientot!

b.indiano68

May 28, 2011
Can anybody please help to calculate the points for us

Education: Master of Commerce within the last 5 years
Work Experience : Teacher for 7 months taught accounts and computer to class 6 to 10 standard students before marriage now housewife
Child : 1 ( 6 month old)
English: fluent in written and spoken english but no certificate to prove at present. This was the primary medium of education.
French: willing to enroll for learning if she scores enough points for application including adaptibility.
Husband Education: Bachelor of Commerce (but working in IT networking since 6 years after doing some industry standard certifications)
language. fluent in written and spoken english as this was the primary medium of education.
french: already enrolled in a course
finance: sufficient to support 2 adults and one child

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
b.indiano68 said:
Can anybody please help to calculate the points for us

Education: Master of Commerce within the last 5 years12 + 6 points(for area of training) if you prove that u did your master within last 5 years, if not then 0 point for your area of training

Work Experience : Teacher for 7 months taught accounts and computer to class 6 to 10 standard students before marriage now housewife4
Child : 1 ( 6 month old)4
English: fluent in written and spoken english but no certificate to prove at present. This was the primary medium of education.u can claim 6 points for your english
French: willing to enroll for learning if she scores enough points for application including adaptibility .

Husband Education: Bachelor of Commerce (but working in IT networking since 6 years after doing some industry standard certifications)3 for education
language. fluent in written and spoken english as this was the primary medium of education.
french: already enrolled in a course if u pass delf a1 then u will get 2 points
finance: sufficient to support 2 adults and one child 1 point

JIGS11

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
STILLHOPE said:
hello Jigs11

I am 100% sure they will accept Toefl results

so dont worry just go for it, no need to appear again in english language test.

stillhope
StillHope, thanks for the info. Few more questions.

I am living in Chicago and we have canada consulate over here.. Can i apply for quebec immigration over here or i need to do that at buffalo? Any idea on that.
Any benifits for H1b holders?
and last dumb question is what is AOR?

Thanks in advance

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
JIGS11 said:
StillHope, thanks for the info. Few more questions.

I am living in Chicago and we have canada consulate over here.. Can i apply for quebec immigration over here or i need to do that at buffalo? Any idea on that. this is the link where u need to send your application i.e http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/new-york/reach.html

Any benifits for H1b holders?no
and last dumb question is what is AOR aor means application or receipt another way its file number?

Thanks in advance

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
As stillhope says AOR is receipt of your application by the BIQ or it is file number.

But the full form of AOR is" Acknowledgement of receipt"

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
visaexpert said:
Quebec Immigration - Stay and Family in Quebec

The Stay and Family in Quebec criterion is one of the ten criteria for which points are awarded under the Quebec immigration selection system.

Up to 8 points are awarded under the Stay and Family in Quebec criterion of Quebec immigration on the following basis:

Points Stay in Quebec

5 points To study for 1 regular full-time semester
5 points To study for 2 regular full-time semesters
5 points To work for at least 3 months
5 points To work for at least 6 months
0 points For Business for at least 1 week
1 points Other stay for no less than 2 weeks and not more 3 months
2 points Other stay exceeding 3 months
5 points Maximum

Points Family in Quebec

3 points Spouse
3 points Son or daughter, father or mother, brother or sister
3 points Grandfather or grandmother
0 points Uncle or aunt, nephew or niece
3 points Maximum

Note: To be awarded points under this criterion, the relative or friend must reside in the Province of Quebec.
Hello,
Thank you very much for your help so far.
I have gone through the Quebc Website for calculating point for education,Still i am confuse.
I am applying for Quebec in near future.

Here is the brief details about me and my wife.
If you can calculate the point for Education that would be really great.

Education : Bachelor in Electronics Engg (India), and Graduate Diploma in Computer Science (Ireland)
Work Exp : Nearly 3 years of work experience as a Software Developer and Data Base Administrator.
Child : 1
IELTS : I am able to get 6.5 over all
French : Dont know but learn till Level 1 and 2 (Is it sufficient?), My wife doesn't know French (Compulsory for her to learn French?)
She already got 6.5 band in IELTS General Module.

Spouse Educaiton : Bachelor in Electronics Engg
Work Exp : As a Lecturer in Engg College from more than 5 years

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Once again thanks a lot for your help.

JIGS11

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
quebec2011 said:
As stillhope says AOR is receipt of your application by the BIQ or it is file number.

But the full form of AOR is" Acknowledgement of receipt"
Thank you Quebec2011 and Stillhope.

Earlier i asked following and stillHope you replied on that. I need bit clarification on that.
Question: Should i wait for learning french and then apply for it or i can apply first and update my application once i get scores?
Answer :Take a addmission in french school and send addmission receipt with your application and then appear in the exam later. when u will get your first aor then u can send update your file

Following is picked from quebec site : /french-language/country-departure/index.html
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
To speed up the processing of your application, enclose with your Application for a Selection Certificate an attestation relative to either one of the two tests recognized by the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) for assessing French language knowledge – either a Test d’évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec (TEFaQ) or a Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ).

You can also submit an attestation for: the Diplôme d’études en langue française (DELF), the Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF), the Test de connaissance de français (TCF) or the Test d’évaluation du français (TEF). If you choose the TCF or the TEF, you must enclose an attestation of the results of both the oral comprehension test (mandatory test) and the oral expression test (optional test).
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New questions
1) I need to take admission is which french school? where i live there is no french school. Do i need to take admission in one of the french school in Quebec in advance?
2) Where i can register for TEFAQ or TCFQ?
3) I have heard that normally you get AOR within few months what if by that time i have not completed my french certification. Can i send my updated scorr when ever i get result or it needs to be right away.
4) While filling up the QSC form for application, i need to mention my french knowledge, what should be the safest value to show over there
(Intermediate 5 or beginner level 1-4) how much points i will get if i put beginner level
4) Do my wife needs to learn french too? i see she can apply for 4-6 points.

Sorry for lots of questions and i really appreciate your help.
Jigs

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
harit79 said:
Hello,
Thank you very much for your help so far.
I have gone through the Quebc Website for calculating point for education,Still i am confuse.
I am applying for Quebec in near future.

Here is the brief details about me and my wife.
If you can calculate the point for Education that would be really great.

Education : Bachelor in Electronics Engg (India), and Graduate Diploma in Computer Science (Ireland)(10+0=10 points I don'r know about diploma)
Work Exp : Nearly 3 years of work experience as a Software Developer and Data Base Administrator." 6 points"
Child : 1"4 points"
IELTS : I am able to get 6.5 over all" 6 points"
French : Dont know but learn till Level 1 and 2 (Is it sufficient?), " for A1 4/16, for A2 6/16 points"
My wife doesn't know French (Compulsory for her to learn French?) french is required for both of you.
She already got 6.5 band in IELTS General Module." no point for wife's english"

Spouse Educaiton : Bachelor in Electronics Engg" 3+0=3
Work Exp : As a Lecturer in Engg College from more than 5 years" No points for wife's experience"

Financial self sufficiency 1 point

But do take a self-assessment test in their website too,
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/index.html
Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Once again thanks a lot for your help.

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure but Bachelor in Electronics Engineering(4 years) comes under Section C (Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineer).
Should i or my wife get any points for that?
If i have completed master degree before 5 years that i wont able to get any point for that right?

Thanks for quick turn around.

Stngr

Dec 12, 2010
saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Nomination.....
March 23rd 2016
AOR Received.
April 13th 2016
Passport Req..
July 16th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR at August 5th 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 1st 2016
Let me ask you guys about my point estimation, doesn't make any difference as my CSQ file has been open in May

Level of Education:
3.5 year bachelor degree (full time university) and post-gradutate 3 semesters (310h - weekends, not full-time)

Areas of Training:
Bach in Commodities science in animal production (to make a long story short its about food processing and quality assurance) (graduated Feb 2008)
post-grad in network and servers administration (graduated Nov 2008)

No job offer

Work Experience
1 year as a network administrator (NOC 2281), 10 months as a Inventory supervisor in Toronto (NOC 1215) from January - Information Security Administrator, also 2 months food-processing internships

French Language: minimal - marked 1 and 1 on application, gonna enroll with French course soon, hope to pass A1 next few months
English Language: IELTS 7.5 general

Stay in Quebec:
one labour-day weekend ;-)

Family in Quebec:
Uncle

No spouse, no children

Financial Self-sufficiency signed

Any estimation appreciated ;)

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
Hello harit,

Your degree comes under E category so that why Quebec 2011 gave u 0 points that is correct, I also want to correct about French language points, there is 2 points for a1 and 6 points for delf level a2.

Stillhope

harit79 said:
I am not sure but Bachelor in Electronics Engineering(4 years) comes under Section C (Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineer).
Should i or my wife get any points for that?
If i have completed master degree before 5 years that i wont able to get any point for that right?

Thanks for quick turn around.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
JIGS11 said:
Thank you Quebec2011 and Stillhope.

Earlier i asked following and stillHope you replied on that. I need bit clarification on that.
Question: Should i wait for learning french and then apply for it or i can apply first and update my application once i get scores?
Answer :Take a addmission in french school and send addmission receipt with your application and then appear in the exam later. when u will get your first aor then u can send update your file

Following is picked from quebec site : /french-language/country-departure/index.html
To speed up the processing of your application, enclose with your Application for a Selection Certificate an attestation relative to either one of the two tests recognized by the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) for assessing French language knowledge – either a Test d'évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec (TEFaQ) or a Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ).

You can also submit an attestation for: the Diplôme d'études en langue française (DELF), the Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF), the Test de connaissance de français (TCF) or the Test d'évaluation du français (TEF). If you choose the TCF or the TEF, you must enclose an attestation of the results of both the oral comprehension test (mandatory test) and the oral expression test (optional test).

Yes my dear friend it will speed up your application, but thing is if u wait for delf exam to send with your application then it will take again 2-3 months minimum , so it means you already delayed your case 2-3 month. Everyone Herr apply their case first then they update their files when they get their first aor so choice is your.

New questions
1) I need to take admission is which french school? where i live there is no french school. Do i need to take admission in one of the french school in Quebec in advance?
2) Where i can register for TEFAQ or TCFQ?
3) I have heard that normally you get AOR within few months what if by that time i have not completed my french certification. Can i send my updated scorr when ever i get result or it needs to be right away.
4) While filling up the QSC form for application, i need to mention my french knowledge, what should be the safest value to show over there
(Intermediate 5 or beginner level 1-4) how much points i will get if i put beginner level
4) Do my wife needs to learn french too? i see she can apply for 4-6 points.

Sorry for lots of questions and i really appreciate your help.
answer for question 1 u means before csq, yes u can go there and take admission if u get visa for Quebec , but u have to pay international student fees for that courses and I will not suggest u, try to find out where u live in news paper, collage, schools.etc.
I m not sure u have to search on the internet, I m going to give my delf exam next week almost 200km from my home. But I will try to find out for u.
In your application just fill 1-4 that is delf level a1 to a2, if u do self studies at home spend atleast 1-2 hours daily with in 3-4 months u can pass that levels.So my suggestion is 1-4 in your application
I already mentioned u can send your your result of your French language later when u will get your aor.

If she clear delf a1 she will get 2points but if she clears delf a2 there is no points otherwise she clears b1 so my suggestion is in here form just tick 1-2 which is quite easy.
In your case if u pass delf a1 u will get 2 points, and if u pass delf a2 then u will get 6 points so try to tick1-4 its up to u.

Jigs