App. Filed.......
02/08/2011
AOR Received.
22/02/2012
Interview........
02/04/2012,csq received same day
kittu_vvk said:
Kittu_vvk

U need another 7 points so u need to clear delf a2 with more then 15 out of 25 marks in listening and speaking to get 6 points. If in case u get less then 15 marks in listening and speaking from delf A2 then u will get 1 point instead of 3.
and u need to clear ielts with minimum 5 Bands to get 2 each in listening and speaking.

thanks
ambi

ambi1775

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2011
AOR Received.
22/02/2012
Interview........
Jones bate said:
Hey OsamaR, pls help me :) :) :) :)

My wife is in canada with me and she has a vistor visa.She want to start school here
but she needs a Study permit.Is it possible to obtain a study permit inside Canada??? No, she has to go back in her home country to get student permit.

kittu_vvk

Jul 10, 2011
Hi Ambi,

Thanks for update, in IELTS if I get 6.5 in speaking and 7.5 points in listing then how many points I am going to get. and If i get 5 points for IELTS then with A1 can I apply. really I am confused in this points system pls help me in this and kindly share the points calculation process for both the languages.

Kittu

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
kittu_vvk said:
Hi Ambi,

Thanks for update, in IELTS if I get 6.5 in speaking 2 points and 7.5 points2 points in listing then how many points I am going to get. and If i get 5 points for IELTS then with A1 can I apply. really I am confused in this points system pls help me in this and kindly share the points calculation process for both the languages.

Kittu

ambi1775

Star Member
Jul 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2011
AOR Received.
22/02/2012
Interview........
kittu_vvk said:
Hi Ambi,

Thanks for update, in IELTS if I get 6.5 in speaking and 7.5 points in listing then how many points I am going to get. and If i get 5 points for IELTS then with A1 can I apply. really I am confused in this points system pls help me in this and kindly share the points calculation process for both the languages.

Kittu
these are the points and band u need from IELTS
Listening speaking
8.0 - 9.0 7.0 - 9.0 3 points
5.0 - 7.5 5.0 - 6.5 2 points

yes u can apply with A1 if u get 5points from IELTS and another option is if your wife clear delf a1 with u then that is best for u.

thanks

kittu_vvk

Jul 10, 2011
ambi1775 said:
Listening speaking

If I get 5 in listening and 7 in speaking then I think i wll get 2+3 = 5?

yes u can apply with A1 if u get 5points from IELTS and another option is if your wife clear delf a1 with u then that is best for u.

thanks

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
kittu_vvk said:
Listening speaking

If I get 5 in listening and 7 in speaking then I think i wll get 2+3 = 5?

thanks
Yes, thats correct calculation, if you get 5 in listening and 7 in speaking.
Have you submitted ur application for CSQ?

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Some Interesting news for all the Engineers here on the forum.....
Link: http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/recognizing-engineeru2019s-foreign-credentials-will-get-easier-in-quebec-with-new-online-tool-122211.html

Recognizing engineer's foreign credentials will get easier in Quebec with new online tool

A new online tool will be deployed by the Quebec government to help immigrant engineers as they seek to become members of the Order of Quebec Engineers and have their credentials recognized in the province.
Kathleen Weil, Quebec Minister of Immigration and Cultural Communities, explains that it is essential that Quebec knows how to attract highly skilled professionals and then to integrate them rapidly into the workforce.

She continues that this new proposed tool will allow immigrants, even before they arrive in Quebec, to see online what are the requirements to become a member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec, self-evaluate the estimated time it will take for them and associated costs, and even track the progress of their applications as they progress through the process.

A full 30% of applications for membership to the Quebec Order of Engineers are from those educated outside of Quebec in 2010-2011.

Weil adds that over the course of the last few years, the Quebec government has been actively involved in over 40 projects to generally help foreigners have their credentials recognized in Quebec's varied professional organizations.

deemy

Dec 22, 2011
Respected Members,

I am planning for Quebec Skilled Worker Immigration, i am a bit confused about the points for education and training, the official site is pretty confusing, can some one give me the answers of the following questions and help me in evaluation my profile whether i am eligible or not.

Following link shows me
Master of Arts, Sciences, etc.. (2 years after a Bachelor for a period of two years or one year after a Bachelor of 3 years) = 3 years Honors degree
www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI_3_1_PAKISTAN.pdf

Does my 2 years master degree after a Bachelor for a period of two years equal to the 3 or 4 years undergraduate degree?
Does my qualification falls in the list of training?

My total years of education is 16 years.

Eduction:
B.Sc (Computer, Statistics) - 2 Years - Pakistan
MCS/M.Sc (Computer Science) - 2 Years - Pakistan
Experience:
Senior Software Engineer - 6 Years
IELTS:
Overall: 6.5 Listening: 6, Speaking: 5.5
Martial Status:
Married - 3 Kids under 12 years of age
Spouse Eduction:
B.Sc (Chemistry, Botany, Zoology) - 2 Years - Pakistan
M.Sc (Botany) - 2 Years - Pakistan
Spouse Experience:
2 Years (Teaching etc).
Spouse Age:
30 Years

Thanks and looking forward for your positive reply.

Go to Quebec

Dec 22, 2011
Hi visaexpert,

I need your opinion about Quebec PNP stuff. I've applied for Quebec PNP under general FSW category in October 2011, and a response on it is yet avaited.

Here are some details of my case and questions in that context.

(A) Principal Applicant:

Sr. Description Details

1 Nationality: Indian
2 Country of Citizenship. India
3 Age: 33 Years
4 Marital Status: Married
5 Country of Residence: India
6 The current location Country: India
7 Preferred destination in Quebec: Montreal
8 Dependent Children: 1 Daughter of 7 Years old
9 Personal Net Worth: Approx 8 Lakhs (INR)
10 Language Skills
English: Read, Write and Speak (Overall IELTS Score = 3.5 Bands)
French: No
11 Education and Training: B.A. Pass (With History as Principal Subject)
12 Canadian Job Offer? No
13 Family and Friends in Canada? No

(B) Co-Applicant:

Sr. Description Details

1 Nationality: Indian
2 Country of Citizenship. India
3 Age: 34 Years
4 Marital Status: Married
5 Country of Residence: India
6 The current location Country: India
7 Preferred destination in Quebec: Montreal
8 Dependent Children: As stated above for Principal Applicant
9 Personal Net Worth: As stated above for Principal Applicant
10 Language Skills
English: Read, Write and Speak Fluently (Studied throughut English Medium)
French: No
11 Education and Training: H.S.C.
12 Canadian Job Offer? No
13 Family and Friends in Canada? No

Based on the above mentioned details, I'd like to know the following things:

1. Chances of getting an interview call (i.e. if my application gets accepted and I'm called for an interview).
2. Chances of getting a CSQ directly (i.e. without an interview call)
3. If called for an interview, what kind of questions are likely to be asked (any prior experiences on this is highly appreciated).
4. Duration of interview.
5. As I've applied from India (Ahmedabad City - Gujarat State), where could be the place for interview.
6. I've placed my application on October 20 2011, which they've received on October 24 2011. As per the email that I'd got from them (in response to my query on file status), it states "Please be patient and come back to us if you still connot receive our letter in 2012". Can someone please help me understand that by what time in 2012 can I expect further update from them?

A big thanks in advance for your kind guidance and help!

sagarbhai

Dec 23, 2011
Regarding Quebec Immigration of Master of Pharmacist from india

Hello Sir I am Sagar Thakare From Gujarat India....

i m Planning to immigrate Quebec...but i m bit confused weather...i can score enough points or not...
i am Master of Pharmacy....

my profile as above shown....

Age 27 Years
Education ------------ Master of Pharmacy
Experience------------- i had 4 years of Acadmic experience in Pharmacy Institute as Professor....
Marritel Status---------- Single
Blood Relatives in Canada---------------------- No
French ------------------------ up to B1 level
ielts--------------- 6.5 Band
Finance stability-------------- enough i can earn 01 point....

so sir Do i Qualify for Quebec Immigration.....???

please reply.....

Thanking you!....

kindly do the needful things..!

Thanks for the anticipation!

meemansa

Sep 16, 2011
Hi!
MKSHAg\h,
I am from SURAT
Thank you very much for neceesary information @ engineer crendential in Quebec,

But I want to know @ when will come to effect and give detail about this ..

merci beacoup

agent14

Dec 3, 2011
Hello to all, I need your help.

I submitted my application last December 21, 2011. I enclosed my IELTS Academic result. Will I gain points for the language proficiency? I've been reading a lot of thread and there are lots of contradictory statements. Some are saying that they only accept GT while others are saying they also accept ACAD module. Thank you very much for your help.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi agent14,
Welcome to the forum friend,
There is no mention on quebec immigrationwebsite anywhere about whether to submit general or academic module of IELTS.
But if you see FSW, it is clearly and explicitly mentioned that applicants should produce test results of general version of IELTS.
This May be similar in quebec immigration too.
what I think is that, academic version is more appropriate for students, while general version is appropriate for immigrants and work permit holders.

agent14 said:
Hello to all, I need your help.

I submitted my application last December 21, 2011. I enclosed my IELTS Academic result. Will I gain points for the language proficiency? I've been reading a lot of thread and there are lots of contradictory statements. Some are saying that they only accept GT while others are saying they also accept ACAD module. Thank you very much for your help.

agent14

Dec 3, 2011
mkshah said:
hi agent14,
Welcome to the forum friend,
There is no mention on quebec immigrationwebsite anywhere about whether to submit general or academic module of IELTS.
But if you see FSW, it is clearly and explicitly mentioned that applicants should produce test results of general version of IELTS.
This May be similar in quebec immigration too.
what I think is that, academic version is more appropriate for students, while general version is appropriate for immigrants and work permit holders.
Thank you for your reply mkshah.

Then it means I'm screwed up. I need those points to reach the 49 points to be eligible for the interview. I hope they consider my ACADEMIC IELTS, in the first place, listening and speaking for the two modules are just the same. I'll just wait for their e-mail. THank you very much