+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigration - Skilled Worker Program

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
solokru said:
@ joiediple

No. I really want to reside in Montreal if ever my application will be granted but if i'll have any difficulty integrating (OIIQ requires you pass the french exam before you can register as a nurse) I guess I'll have to settle to another province.

So are you applying as a QSW only because you were rejected as a FSW? Do you plan on staying in Quebec if ever your application is granted? Any relatives/friends there?
no, this is just my first time to apply for immigration. and yes i really want to stay in Quebec if ever im given a chance. i got relatives there,cousins and uncle.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
hello snow,

employability/pre-screening stage: this put to the test applicants employment prospect in Quebec. factors considered here are: Education,Training,experience, age, Offer of employment,prio-visit/family in Quebec,language.for a double applicant, this stage has a maximum of 101 points, hence any double applicant with a score below 49 will have his/her application rejected without further processing.
for a single applicant, this stage has a maximum of 92points. A single applicant with score below 42 at this stage will have his/her application rejected without further processing.

2)second pre-screening stage:here the officer will consider the following factors: children,characteristics of spouse/partner and financial self sufficiency.at this stage double applicant must seek to increase their point to a minimum of 57 else the application will be rejected. a single applicant on d other hand must increase his/her point to a minimum of 49 else d application will not qualify for 4da processing.

3) SELECTION STAGE: if a double applicant is able to increase point to 63 from the second stage, selection decision will b made based on the file only and CSQ will b issued, double applicant who score less than 63 but up to 57 will b invited for interview where they will have d opportunity to earn part or all d 6-points that is at stake @ d adaptability stage.
A single applicant who score 55 from stage-2 will also get d CSQ without need for interview, while those with up to 49points but less than 55 will be called for interview.In all i believe any applicant who can make it to d second stage have a very strong chance of of success

shersta

Star Member
Dec 12, 2010
Quezon City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
solokru said:
@ shersta

Good luck with your exam! I didn't continue with modules 3 and 4 in AFM. I think I'll take another class or two if ever I pass the CSQ though. Maybe you can give me some tips after you've completed the exam! :)
Thanks! Sure, I'll let you know how the exam goes. :) When did you attend Modules 1 and 2?

Kaps1706

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2011
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
rohit5145 said:
Rohit,

It seems that you are also in the process of applying for Canadian Immigration through Quebec.
I am Kapil from Delhi.

I am also starting the process. Can you share your email ID, might need your help with the steps that you have already completed.

Thanks a lot.

naveedkhan

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Dear Friends,

I have some queries regarding Quebec immigrations

1) Is the interview compulsory? If so is it conducted in French Language?
2) If we are claiming minimum points in French language, is it OK to submit certificate indicating basic understanding/level completed or is it necessary to give TEF?
3) Currently how much time is being to taken to complete whole process? i.e 1 year or more
4) If we live in toronto on quebec immigration visa, do they create problem in giving citizenship after 4 years?

Thanks
Naveed

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
naveedkhan said:
Dear Friends,

1) Is the interview compulsory? If so is it conducted in French Language?
2) If we are claiming minimum points in French language, is it OK to submit certificate indicating basic understanding/level completed or is it necessary to give TEF?
3) Currently how much time is being to taken to complete whole process? i.e 1 year or more
4) If we live in toronto on quebec immigration visa, do they create problem in giving citizenship after 4 years?

Thanks
Naveed
If u wanna settle in Toronto, get through the right stream plz, you will be signing an agreement that you plan on settling on Quebec, so of course they could make you have hard time if they want.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
naveedkhan said:
Dear Friends,

1) Is the interview compulsory? no If so is it conducted in French Language (yes both in french and englisht)?
2) If we are claiming minimum points in French language, is it OK to submit certificate indicating basic understanding/level completed or is it necessary to give TEF? It is not only french, they check all the factor age, exp, area of training, etc. if you are scoring enough point then you can still submitt your file for csq

3) Currently how much time is being to taken to complete whole process? i.e 1 year or more depends upon one visa office to other and depend upon your qualification

4) If we live in toronto on quebec immigration visa, do they create problem in giving citizenship after 4 years?Yes definately because you signed the contract to settled down in quebec and help quebec economy

Thanks
Naveed

naveedkhan

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Quebec is nice play, every one would love to stay there but what if qualified person does not find a job over there only due to language and if he gets good job offer from toronto or some where outside quebec, so is there any legal binding that one must stay in quebec despite having difficulties? what are the implications?

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
@joidiple

Good luck to us all then :) I hope we'll all see each other in Quebec!

@shersta

I attended on the same session as you did attended but on a different schedule. I was on the T-TH 2-5 PM class.

takemblues

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What will be my points total

Education MBA (Marketing)
Work experience 10 years
Age 36 yrs
IELTS 7.5
French Nil
Stay in Quebec Yes
Family in Quebec None

Spouse's Characteristics Housewife, 14 Yrs of study. BA (university degree)
Children 2 below 12
Financial Autonomy (1 Point)

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
takemblues said:
What will be my points totalYOUR POINTS ARE BELOW IN RED COLOUR

Education MBA (Marketing)12+6 =18
Work experience 10 years8
Age 36 yrs14
IELTS 7.56
French Nil0
Stay in Quebec YesHOW LONG
Family in Quebec None

Spouse's Characteristics Housewife, 14 Yrs of study. BA (university degree)2
Children 2 below 128
Financial Autonomy (1 Point)1
YOUR WIFE GRAD IN WHICH SUBJECTS AND HER AGE

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
you can add 3 more point for your wife age.
You said u already stayed in Quebec. How long u stayed in Quebec.

takemblues said:
Her age is 30 and her subject was Education.

Want to reside permanently in quebec.

takemblues

Star Member
Dec 31, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
STILLHOPE said:
you can add 4more point for your site age.
You said u already stayed in Quebec. How long u stayed in Quebec.
never said i have resided in quebec but want to. Typing mistake.
So according to ur calculation 60 points, minimum threshold.

Out of 22 i get only 6 for 7.5 bands in ielts, are u sure?

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
@takemblues,

Yes STILLHOPE is right , you get 6 out of 22 points which is allocated for language from your 7.5 band IELTS.
Remember You are going to immigrate to Quebec where Absolute majority speak french language and I should say that if you don't know as little as DELF A2 level french in interview then the chance of your selection decreases dramatically,Anyhow I don't want to be negative but as far as I know most of the people who had problem with french language faced serious problems both in Interview and even if they convinced the interviewer in the interview that they are gonna learn french but failed in Quebec to put a strong step to start a new life there.

So french language is must for a successful immigration program to Quebec.

Good luck