+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC IMMIGRATION - FAMILY SPONSORSHIP

Taffy

Sep 24, 2007
Please can someone tell me how hard the selection process is for Quebec we have already been accepted by Canadian Government and are waiting for Quebec's decision. My husband is from there and speaks french fluently unfortunately I only have a basic knowledge from school, but I am willing to kearn the language.

Please any response is welcome

Thanks

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
I can only tell you that in reading many forums and postings I've yet to see anyone who received AIP from CIC be denied a Selection Certificate from Quebec so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
CIC or MICC (Quebec) will never take the responsibility of refusing the sponsorship application unless it is absolutely evident that any of the two parties are risk to security or have any monetary dues towards the government in relation to any previous sponsorship. They always shift the burden of refusal to the visa office of the sponsored person. That is my opinion.

actaruslair

Jan 15, 2012
Rivne, Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Kyiv, Ukraine
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-24-12
Doc's Request.
07-27-13 + 07/17/13
AOR Received.
01-22-2013
Med's Done....
10-16-2012
Passport Req..
08-15-2013
Gotchaa said:
CIC or MICC (Quebec) will never take the responsibility of refusing the sponsorship application unless it is absolutely evident that any of the two parties are risk to security or have any monetary dues towards the government in relation to any previous sponsorship. They always shift the burden of refusal to the visa office of the sponsored person. That is my opinion.
Gotcha, I am also applying to be undertaker of my wife (outside of the country) I was accepted as a sponsor by CIC. should i forward more info to MICC additional documents. just like in the CIC application? will it really change something if I don't?

Or can I leave it with only the required documents?

zizigulu

Jan 24, 2013
Hi, I have a question regarding my status and was wondering if anybody can guide me:

I live in Quebec and applied for my parents sponsorship in 2007 when I had a full-time job. Finally CIC contacted me for more documents two months ago while I did not hold my full time job anymore and was a full time student now. I submitted my documents with all student-income proofs and was not sure to get the CIC approval for my low income. But thanks God that last week I heard positive news from CIC and my application was approved by federal government and they wrote me to submit my application as sponsor to MICC for financial evaluation and CSQ for my parents. But as I mentioned I do not meet the minimum required salary anymore.

1- I was wondering whether this will result in rejecting my application by MICC?

On the other hand, I am graduating within a few months (by June-July), and I have a potential job offer to start after finishing my study(stated in the letter).

2-Now my question is does this count as potential job (its salary will be counted), or I need to have the job/salary right now that I am submitting to MICC?

3- what happens if I do not submit my application to MICC until I finish my study and get a job (e.g:4-5 months)? As there was no deadline mentioned in the CIC approval letter for submitting my documents to MICC?

Your help and any information is appreciated.

Doc123

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
Hi,
I need help regarging quebec selection
I have applied to sponsor my husband and cic approved it nw i hav to apply for micc
Can sumone help me regarding undertaking kit a
What does micc ppl look for

I use to live in quebec currently abroad with my husband until he gets his immigration done . Is micc ppl hard Bt tax assesment? In their doc they havent ask for any tax paper... Im worried as i hvent been living there for. Lil while but i havent loan anything from govn nd i dnt hav to provide child support. PleAse tell me micc is not that hard to obtain

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-02-2014 (CSQ issued 11-3-2014)
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
Doc123 said:
Hi,
I need help regarging quebec selection
I have applied to sponsor my husband and cic approved it nw i hav to apply for micc
Can sumone help me regarding undertaking kit a
What does micc ppl look for

I use to live in quebec currently abroad with my husband until he gets his immigration done . Is micc ppl hard Bt tax assesment? In their doc they havent ask for any tax paper... Im worried as i hvent been living there for. Lil while but i havent loan anything from govn nd i dnt hav to provide child support. PleAse tell me micc is not that hard to obtain
Hi,
My husband is from Quebec but has been living with me since 2008 out of the country and we didn't have any problems getting my CSQ. Quebec seems to value families so they don't really ask much for CSQ and it seems more like a bureaucratic step than anything else. Just fill in the applications and provide the needed attachments together with the payment. I think CSQ part was the easiest step in the whole PR applicaiton, so don't worry too much!

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
The CSQ really just seems like a "check in the box" (for family class applications at least; different story for FSWs and probably other classes as well). Just be sure to fill the forms out correctly, and you shouldn't have any issues.

Doc123

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
Aniabella said:
Hi,
My husband is from Quebec but has been living with me since 2008 out of the country and we didn't have any problems getting my CSQ. Quebec seems to value families so they don't really ask much for CSQ and it seems more like a bureaucratic step than anything else. Just fill in the applications and provide the needed attachments together with the payment. I think CSQ part was the easiest step in the whole PR applicaiton, so don't worry too much!
Thanx u soo much for ur help so ur husband filed the form where it says that he will reside in quebec once u get ur application done? Nd imp que he proved his address of which country quebec or where he was living with u cause they as a reaidental address in quebec

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
Doc123 said:
Thanx u soo much for ur help so ur husband filed the form where it says that he will reside in quebec once u get ur application done? Nd imp que he proved his address of which country quebec or where he was living with u cause they as a reaidental address in quebec
Yes, he had to fill in the form to declare he will be residing in Quebec. It was a bit confusing when they asked as a compulsory attachment a proof of address in Quebec, so we just simply attached a rental agreement we made with my husband's mother and a letter from her. I don't really know how they can expect someone to show some real proof of residency, if he/she has been living out of Quebec for years.

Doc123

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
Aniabella said:
Yes, he had to fill in the form to declare he will be residing in Quebec. It was a bit confusing when they asked as a compulsory attachment a proof of address in Quebec, so we just simply attached a rental agreement we made with my husband's mother and a letter from her. I don't really know how they can expect someone to show some real proof of residency, if he/she has been living out of Quebec for years.
Thanx again ur a Great help
I called the quebec dept they told me to include my current address as a prove only means in my country but i so have last yr notice of assesment of quebec so ill attach that as my quebec address i think it should be good enough rite?
One more ques when u got ur csq what was the next step hw did they contact u nd did they ask u to fill anything else as requitement ?

Aniabella

Nov 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
30-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
Doc123 said:
Thanx again ur a Great help
I called the quebec dept they told me to include my current address as a prove only means in my country but i so have last yr notice of assesment of quebec so ill attach that as my quebec address i think it should be good enough rite?
One more ques when u got ur csq what was the next step hw did they contact u nd did they ask u to fill anything else as requitement ?
I guess that notice of assesment should work fine. We only had a kind of rental agreement my husband's mother filled by her hand, nothing super official. My husband hasn't lived in Qc since 2008, so didn't really have anything concrete to prove his address. Basically if you send them the payment through credit card, once they bill the payment, it takes about a week for them to make the decision and after that it goes in the mail. It took about a month to get the CSQ, they mail two copies in snail mail to the sponsor. One copy is for the principal applicant and the other one is in case the Visa Office requests it. A lot of times they don't.