Med's Done....
22-09-2012
Interview........
26-04-2012 QSW, Waived for Federal
Passport Req..
20-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2012
I received my AOR via email from the Mexico BIQ today, my complete application was delivered to this office on August 3.

My credit card has been charged the full amount for the application fees.

My questions are:
1. How do I find out if I qualify for priority processing? I have both a BS ('09) and MS ('10) in Civil Engineering from an university in the US that falls under the Washington Accord, meaning that my university education is equivalent to a Quebec Education (at least this is what I am hoping for). Civil Engineering is given priority processing according to the 2009 Preferred Areas of Training document.

2. What does this mean, I know little French and online translations are not very clear: "Votre dossier est à l'étude. Vous recevrez un courrier de notre part au cours des dix (10) prochains mois vous informant de la suite que nous donnerons à celui-ci." I understand that my file is being considered, however I am not clear on the part about taking 10 months to process it. Does it mean that my application will be complete within 10 months or that it will take 10 full months for it to be finalized?

3. Curiosity question, I understood that I would get an email confirming receipt of my application and them informing me that they would then proceed and charge my credit card. However, they charged my credit card 1st and then I got the email acknowledging my receipt of my application. I got an email alert from my credit card company stating that credit card has been authorized for the application fee total by BIQ Mexico. Is this normal operating procedure or does it mean something else? I guess I am a little anxious and excited for the news.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help and input!

geribubaboy

May 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
[move][color=green]Rome[/color][/move]
NOC Code......
[move][color=purple]4021[/color][/move]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[move][color=blue]03.12.2010[/color][/move]
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
[move][color=green]17.12.2010[/color][/move]
Med's Request
[move][color=green]***02. 2012***[/color][/move]
Med's Done....
[move][color=green]***03.2012***[/color][/move]
Passport Req..
[move][color=green]***04. 2012[/color][move]
VISA ISSUED...
[move][color=green] May 2012[/color][/move]
LANDED..........
[move][b][color=red]June 2012[/color][/b][/move]
egrace62 said:
congrats bro, u are moving closer. technically speaking, u are now in IN-PROCESS.
that means u av gone past the PSELDEC( paper selection decision), so by ur next B'FD, u should get ur MR. only ur Caips note can supply us with a clue as to when the B'FD will be. u may wish to order ur Caips note. but usually the wait between PSELDEC - MR ranges from 1month to 6 months depending on application volume and efficiency of staff...

how far with ur e-cas? any improvement?
Thanks bro. I was so happy to receive that message and I also think that the MR will come soon(hoping) I didn't order the Caips notes but instead I wrote to the VO about the problem of the status and guess what now I can see my status only with the UCI (numbers)or the Application number which starts with EP00.... ( which they have stated in the e-mail) and not with the file number B00.... I don't know what does this difference mean but anyway let's hope for the best.

God bless u.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bluecougar26 said:
I received my AOR via email from the Mexico BIQ today, my complete application was delivered to this office on August 3.

My questions are:
1. How do I find out if I qualify for priority processing? I have both a BS ('09) and MS ('10) in Civil Engineering from an university in the US that falls under the Washington Accord, meaning that my university education is equivalent to a Quebec Education (at least this is what I am hoping for). Civil Engineering is given priority processing according to the 2009 Preferred Areas of Training document. there actually are 2 Civil Engineering on the list. and it is just one of it that qualifies for priority processing. i.e Civil Engineering at the college level. so i think d joker is really with them :D. the content of ones transcript will also determine which is which........ but from ur time line, i think u just might av qualified for priority cos it seems u submitted not quite long ago right?

2. What does this mean, I know little French and online translations are not very clear: "Votre dossier est à l'étude. Vous recevrez un courrier de notre part au cours des dix (10) prochains mois vous informant de la suite que nous donnerons à celui-ci." I understand that my file is being considered, however I am not clear on the part about taking 10 months to process it. Does it mean that my application will be complete within 10 months or that it will take 10 full months for it to be finalized? this is just a generic mail. the 10months signifies the average processing time for this particular BIQ office. it dosent imply that all files will spend 10months. but majority of application is espected to av been finalized at a max of 10months. files that are not ambiguous will not av to stay this long. BTW, which is ur BIQ-office

3. Curiosity question, I understood that I would get an email confirming receipt of my application and them informing me that they would then proceed and charge my credit card. However, they charged my credit card 1st and then I got the email acknowledging my receipt of my application. I got an email alert from my credit card company stating that credit card has been authorized for the application fee total by BIQ Mexico. Is this normal operating procedure or does it mean something else? I guess I am a little anxious and excited for the news. Only for priority cases. usually when an application is received, it will be checked if it qualifies under d MI( ministerial instruction) for priority. if No, the Aor will be issued but CC will not be charged yet bcos the payment will av to be subjected to queue until its turn comes, it will be charged when processing is about to start... but if d file qualifies for Priority, d payment will be charged immediately bcos such file will be pplaced into processing straight off and d payment queue will be boycotted

Thanks in advance for anyone's help and input!

hussen

Aug 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why didn't anyone help me get my question answered? :(
I will try and ask it in english for i think i might get it understood by more people.

I did my DELF B2 exam, i scored:

22/25 on the oral comprehension and
24/25 on the oral production.

Could you help me assess the number of points that i can get with those scores? The table posted earlier including the FEVAL pointange does not help me calculated the corresponding score which is over 16 for the french language.

I really appreciate your help in advance and i hope to get to the further steps that some of you have already gotten to :D

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends

I have done my entire education in English as a medium of instruction. Even in my work profile all the communication is done in English

There are many posts in this forum which says that IELTS is not needed if english was a medium of instruction in school, college, post graduation and work.

Just submitting the mark sheets and appointment letter of work (both of which are of course in english) will be adequate to convince the immigration authorities about the competancy of English language for exemption of IELTS..??

Please help..!!

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
Table was clear saying delf b2 6+6 means total 12points

hussen said:
Why didn't anyone help me get my question answered? :(
I will try and ask it in english for i think i might get it understood by more people.

I did my DELF B2 exam, i scored:

22/25 on the oral comprehension and
24/25 on the oral production.

Could you help me assess the number of points that i can get with those scores? The table posted earlier including the FEVAL pointange does not help me calculated the corresponding score which is over 16 for the french language.

I really appreciate your help in advance and i hope to get to the further steps that some of you have already gotten to :D

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
niravk said:
Hi friends

I have done my entire education in English as a medium of instruction. Even in my work profile all the communication is done in English

There are many posts in this forum which says that IELTS is not needed if english was a medium of instruction in school, college, post graduation and work.

Just submitting the mark sheets and appointment letter of work (both of which are of course in english) will be adequate to convince the immigration authorities about the competancy of English language for exemption of IELTS..??

Please help..!!
The term that your Education or work medium is or was English should be specifically mentioned otherwise it won't convey the meaning.

bluecougar26

Star Member
Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2011 QSW, 01-06-2012 Federal
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
26-04-2012
AOR Received.
26-08-2011 QSW, 04-07-2012 FED, 14-08-2012 2nd AOR
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-09-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
20-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2012
Thanks eGrace for your clarification, I submitted my paper work to the Mexico BIQ on August 2, 2011, it arrived a day later August 3.

Here's hoping that my case will be expedited! I checked the 2009 preferred areas of training again and you are correct, Civil Engineering Technologists with a foreign degree (College - 3 years) do qualify for priority processing as well as Civil Engineers (University - 4 years) with a Quebec Equivalent degree. I hope my degree qualified as a Quebec Equivalent.

Regards and thanks again.

hussen

Aug 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
STILLHOPE no it's not clear, the immigration guide states that the oral: comprehension and production will be assessed each at a side. You can't just add up 6 points just because you've got the DELF B2, that's why i'm confused :(

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
hussen said:
STILLHOPE no it's not clear, the immigration guide states that the oral: comprehension and production will be assessed each at a side. You can't just add up 6 points just because you've got the DELF B2, that's why i'm confused with b2 exam they cant refuse to give u points. but if they call u for interview then they can check your french level their but this is valid and it is very hard for them to ignore your delf result.:(

bluecougar26

Star Member
Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2011 QSW, 01-06-2012 Federal
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
26-04-2012
AOR Received.
26-08-2011 QSW, 04-07-2012 FED, 14-08-2012 2nd AOR
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
20-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-09-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
20-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2012
eGrace, was your case similar to mine? @ least in regards to the payment being collected at the same time as receiving you AOR?

Hopefully it was.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
DONSOFT said:
You can learn what centres give these tests from the following links:

• TCFQ, TCF, DELF and DALF tests: www2.ciep.fr/tcf/centres/liste.aspx
• TEFaQ and TEF tests: www.fda.ccip.fr/tef/centres

They are basically the same just that TCFQ and TCFaQ will only test your Listening and speaking abilities. Note that DELF/DALF are Diplomas you will have with you for the rest of your life while TCF/TCFQ will expire after two years and TEF/TEFaQ expires after a year.

The choice is yours to make anyway.

[blue]Hello friends,
Just checking my understanding here, Pls correct if it is wrong.

1.There is no pass/fail criteria in TCF/TEF as it is with DELF/DALF. Though you are scoring less in 1 sections, but you can get better scores in other sections and result certificate will be considered valid for this other sections.

2.Also, I plan to appear in TCF/TEF which is full test of all 3 compulsory papers and 2 optional papers, then For TCF, which sections of the following are mandatory/will be considered to give points for quebec immigration?

Listening Comprehension,
Command of Language Structures,
Reading comprehension,
Oral expression,
Written expression,

3.They are not concerned with the rest of scores for other papers of the test. Is it correct?

Pls advice.

SAMDJ

Aug 28, 2011
Re: temps pour obtenir le CSQ, BIQ-HK.

Merci pour votre reponse, en effet je voulais un renseignement sur la duree de traitement.
Le metier de comptable figure dans la liste des metiers privilegies.

Donc 7 mois c est ok, j etais effraye a l idee de patienter plus d un an rien que pour le CSQ.

Encore merci pour vos renseignements tres utiles

MinhHoang

Aug 25, 2011
bluecougar26 said:

My questions are:
1. How do I find out if I qualify for priority processing? I have both a BS ('09) and MS ('10) in Civil Engineering from an university in the US that falls under the Washington Accord, meaning that my university education is equivalent to a Quebec Education (at least this is what I am hoping for). Civil Engineering is given priority processing according to the 2009 Preferred Areas of Training document.
How much your priority processing, I think it depends on what your specialized educational training and experience in civil engineering. In my case, my major: civil engineering/environmental-some experience in soil monitoring (for example..)- the priority of level 2 or 3 i think; my app. ricieved by BIQ HK on 21/7 and AOR issued 25/8

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bluecougar26 said:
eGrace, was your case similar to mine? @ least in regards to the payment being collected at the same time as receiving you AOR?
after applying without payment receipt. the only thing that came alongside my AOR was alist of missing docu
Hopefully it was.
No dear, mine was unusual.i applied as a Chemist which was on d priority list. i got my AOR 2 1/2 months after initial submission without any hint that my file will be priotized. so i thought priority had been cancelled. there was no evidence that my BankDraft had been charged either as at the time i received my AoR bcos there was no payment receipt attached to my AOR.the only thing that came alongside my AOR was a list of missing document where i was asked to submit IELTS/TOFLE result as a proof of my english ability i responded to this by submitting a letter from my university stating that i had had my education in English. and that was all..... and one week after this i got my CSQ+payment receipt+other quebec related resources+ evidence of priority treatment (PERM 132a)