+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

sumit446

Oct 4, 2015
Hi There,

I have few basic questions regarding Quebec

1. How is Quebec in comparison to Ontario in comparison to Job market? Are jobs avaliable for all industries or only particular ones?

2. If we apply for QSWP, is it compulsory to stay in Quebec for certain years? If yes, can me move easily from Quebec to other state without any impact on PR? If not compulsory, what is Quebec's interest in giving nomination to such people.

3. What additional/less documents is required for QSWP in comparsion to express entry?

4. Are all documents to be scanned and uploaded at the time of online application in January?

5. For List of training, Since we have our degrees evaluated and have canadian equivalency by WES, should we look at the Quebec degrees column or Foreign Degrees column?

6. What is DCS, DVS in context of List of Training

7. Where does an Master of Business Administration fit in? I dont see it in the Foreign degrees list? I see Business Administration Bachelors is there under category C.

8. Where does a Chartered Accountancy fit in ? I only see an Accounting & Accounting science listed under section B.

Thanks,

Sumit

fmsena

Mar 11, 2014
Hello. I was charged December/2nd. My application was received November/9th. Anyone else with some information?
Any prediction of when will we have some answer?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sumit446 said:
Hi There,

I have few basic questions regarding Quebec

1. How is Quebec in comparison to Ontario in comparison to Job market? Are jobs avaliable for all industries or only particular ones?
Do some research on jobbank, workopolis, monster, placement Quebec for the jobs you are interested in .

2. If we apply for QSWP, is it compulsory to stay in Quebec for certain years? If yes, can me move easily from Quebec to other state without any impact on PR? If not compulsory, what is Quebec's interest in giving nomination to such people.
No, PRs can live and work anywhere in Canada. QC gives CSQ to people who show they intend to settle in qc

3. What additional/less documents is required for QSWP in comparsion to express entry?
See QC document requirements list

4. Are all documents to be scanned and uploaded at the time of online application in January?
No one knows yet

5. For List of training, Since we have our degrees evaluated and have canadian equivalency by WES, should we look at the Quebec degrees column or Foreign Degrees column?
WES evaluations are irrelevant for applying to Quebec. You look at the foreign degree column

6. What is DCS, DVS in context of List of Training
Diploma of college studies; diploma of vocational studies

7. Where does an Master of Business Administration fit in? I dont see it in the Foreign degrees list? I see Business Administration Bachelors is there under category C.

8. Where does a Chartered Accountancy fit in ? I only see an Accounting & Accounting science listed under section B.

if your degree is not listed with the exact same title, you need to compare the content of your degree with the content of the closest degree on the list.

FYI, Accountancy is a regulated profession in QC.

Thanks,

Sumit

m81

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (NS)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
LANDED..........
In-land
shisdew said:
Thanks @m81 for the reply . Could please share that after replying and sending all the docs how long they took to give you CSQ ? And what are the procedure ahead left?

Would be really grateful if you reply .
After I reply, it didnt take too long for me to receive the CSQ actually. 3 weeks or a month if I remember well (I thought it would at least take 3 months). However, dont forget that it's on a case by case basis, so do not freak out if they take longer. The thing that I noticed in several forums that I visit about the letter of intention to reject is that people underestimate the letter to justify not being able to provide a document or explaining why you are providing a document that may not be what they are expecting.

I had difficulty getting my tax document from my country and only gave a copy, but I explained why it was the only one I could and also the two different processes I went through trying to get an original version. Bottom line is, if you have doubt that the document you are providing may not fulfill the requirement, explain why it's the only you could get.

To answer the rest of your question. I sent my application to Sydney a week ago actually for the federal part. Let's see how this one's gonna go. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

sylendrabilla

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
Nomination.....
25-05-2016
AOR Received.
31-10-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
Hi all,

I need some information. I got the document request to provide so and so.
the thing is i recently filed my tax returns for Revenue Quebec and they asked me to submit Quebec Notice of Assessment and right now I have Notice of assessment issued by Canada revenue agency for 2014.

Do they accept if send CRA document and notarized document of my application to Revenue Quebec and an explanation letter?

Please let me know if it works.

Thanks in advance

Bhushan2015

Dec 10, 2015
Hi Senior Members,

Can you please let me know if Executive MBA from India (Information Technology) falls under Universitaire 1er cycle (10 points) or Universitaire 2ième cycle (12 points).

FOR AOT can it be considered as Computer Science (Bach.) or Computer Science Techniques (DCS)

Thank you in advance

gwylily

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney N.S / CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2015
AOR Received.
19-02-2016
Med's Request
10-05-2016
Med's Done....
28-05-2016
Passport Req..
Still waiting....
Hi All,

I got the CSQ (PEQ for international students) at first and then applied for the Federal. I have some questions please, if anyone has some information, I am very grateful.

I couriered my whole application pile to the Federal (with my CSQ and all what the list requires) on Oct. 11th 2015 and I paid online and put a receipt in my application. But until today, there is not any feedback or email or CIC online account messages. But the courier tracking shows that it has been received on Oct. 14th 2015. I read some of the posts here and know that the next step is supposed to receiving a File number. Can you guys tell how did you receive your File number, by e-mail or by CIC online message or by mail ? And is it normal for my case that 2 months have passed and still nothing received ? Thank you!

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi seniors,

A prompt question on behalf of my friend:

Does a single applicant with 55 points need to prove French language ability during her process?
(ps: she's got her file number yesterday without knowing French at all,just sent her IELTS result.)

Thank you in advance.

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
hello, I have a question please.

I have passed my TEF exam yesterday and they said that the attestation will be delivered in 6 weeks( prob after 17th Jan)

Can I apply for the CSQ without adding the attestation, then I add it to my file when I receive it?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YoussefZaky said:
hello, I have a question please.

I have passed my TEF exam yesterday and they said that the attestation will be delivered in 6 weeks( prob after 17th Jan)

Can I apply for the CSQ without adding the attestation, then I add it to my file when I receive it?
Yes, unless you are applying under PEQ.

Note that you can not claim points for French in your initial application without attaching TEF results.

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Lammawitch said:
Yes, unless you are applying under PEQ.

Note that you can not claim points for French in your initial application without attaching TEF results.
Ok so could you please tell me the scenario that I have to take ?

I apply for the CSQ without adding any information in my application on the TEF.

Then when I receive my attestation, I send it to them with a new application with TEF informations? Or I send only the attestation and they will add the points?

2) Could you please tell me what is the difference between a true certified copy and a photocopy? I asked you this question on your topic but you didn't answer.. :)

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YoussefZaky said:
Ok so could you please tell me the scenario that I have to take ?

I apply for the CSQ without adding any information in my application on the TEF.

Then when I receive my attestation, I send it to them with a new application with TEF informations? Or I send only the attestation and they will add the points?
No. You update your application using this form: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/dcs/A-0520-MA-dyn.pdf , and attach your TEF results.

2) Could you please tell me what is the difference between a true certified copy and a photocopy? I asked you this question on your topic but you didn't answer.. :)
A certified true copy is made by a notary or other recognised official (see Imm QC website). I.E. The recognised authority/notary certifies (usually by stamping & signing) that the copy (photocopy) is true to (matches) the original document.

If a photocopy is requested, you just send that

san3129

Dec 13, 2015
Hi everyone, I hope somebody will be able to help to answer my question. I plan to apply for
QSW. I've read on the application forms that they accept DALF exams, but not older than 2 years,
I passed my DALF C1 in 2013 and I have bachelor's degree in French Language and Literature.
Can somebody tell me if I can send my DALF C1 exam even though it is older than 2 years.

Thank you very much.

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
san3129 said:
Hi everyone, I hope somebody will be able to help to answer my question. I plan to apply for
QSW. I've read on the application forms that they accept DALF exams, but not older than 2 years,
I passed my DALF C1 in 2013 and I have bachelor's degree in French Language and Literature.
Can somebody tell me if I can send my DALF C1 exam even though it is older than 2 years.

Thank you very much.
You need to retake it. The rules are clear.

karenjent

Dec 4, 2015
Hello !!!!

I have seen you applied for federal visa.
Now i am doing the same as got my QSC.

I have a couple of questions, and would be great if you can help me.

If after I submit my application and then I change my job, should i let them know ? and if yes how.
Thanks,
Karen