Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
TODAY IS MARCH 31st, THE D-DAY WE WERE FIRST EXPECTING.....BUT NOW ITS 31st JULY, HOPE THE NERVOSITY IN SO MANY PEOPLE REDUCED!!!!!

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL CHRISTIANS ON THIS FORUM!!!

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stylove said:
TODAY IS MARCH 31st, THE D-DAY WE WERE FIRST EXPECTING.....BUT NOW ITS 31st JULY, HOPE THE NERVOSITY IN SO MANY PEOPLE REDUCED!!!!!

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL CHRISTIANS ON THIS FORUM!!!
hope all get their csq ;)

jeffh1687

Dec 6, 2012
I got my CSQ in December 2012 and sent my application for the federal process to Sydney in early March. But now, almost a month has passed and I still haven't heard anything from them. Is this normal? Is there a tel number in Sydney that I could call and ask? Thanks very much for your answer and help!!

ken99

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Dear All,

I have applied for CSQ last week, but now got confused due to comments of one of my friends, he said without French you do not have eligibility for CSQ.
what will happend can any one have idea?
I have done IELTS and I have enough points without French.

Ken

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ken99 said:
Dear All,

I have applied for CSQ last week, but now got confused due to comments of one of my friends, he said without French you do not have eligibility for CSQ.

Ken
dont worry,, only gossips....

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Ken ,

What you heard is NOT true. I also applied last week without French to Mexico BIQ. I will keep you updated on my status.

ken99 said:
Dear All,

Ken

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
ken99 said:
Dear All,

Ken
Thats not true..

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
islandbabe said:
Dear Ken ,

What you heard is NOT true. I also applied last week without French to Mexico BIQ. I will keep you updated on my status.
Apparently you can still apply without French if you have at least 49pts (single applicant) but does anybody know if you can update your application with French certificates later on this process?

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will personally feel that sending ur application without French result will not put a good impression now a days attach all the docs in one go if u have improved ur french then it will be add on .

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you can Master. I noticed your BIQ is also Mexico. Where are you applying from if you dont mind saying?

Master7 said:
Apparently you can still apply without French if you have at least 49pts (single applicant) but does anybody know if you can update your application with French certificates later on this process?

m81

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (NS)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
LANDED..........
In-land
ken99 said:
Dear All,

Ken
You should ask him where he heard that from cause knowledge of French sure is recommended (for extra points and for chances to get interview waiver), but not mandatory. Approval for CSQ is point based, so someone can choose not to claim any point in languages (french/english) and still be eligible.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
islandbabe said:
Yes you can Master. I noticed your BIQ is also Mexico. Where are you applying from if you dont mind saying?
Hello Islandbabe,

According to this link, you can't update your point scores once you submit your application you "check the box" and claim points or you don't.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/note-language-skills.html

" Candidates who do not wish to submit an attestation of results recognized by the Ministère must specify this in the Application for Selection Certificate by marking the appropriate box on the form. They will not obtain any points for the language proficiency criterion."

If you have read otherwise anywhere else, please let me us I'll be happy to know.

By the way nice to see someone else from BIQ MEXICO there are really very few of us in this forum. I am from El Salvador, Central America but my BIQ is Mexico.

m81

Star Member
Apr 7, 2012
Montréal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (NS)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2016
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
LANDED..........
In-land
Master7 said:
Hello Islandbabe,

According to this link, you can't update your point scores once you submit your application you "check the box" and claim points or you don't.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/note-language-skills.html

" Candidates who do not wish to submit an attestation of results recognized by the Ministère must specify this in the Application for Selection Certificate by marking the appropriate box on the form. They will not obtain any points for the language proficiency criterion."

If you have read otherwise anywhere else, please let me us I'll be happy to know.

By the way nice to see someone else from BIQ MEXICO there are really very few of us in this forum. I am from El Salvador, Central America but my BIQ is Mexico.
What this statement means is that if someone can't prove his or her knowledge for a language through the specified test, the person has to check the box saying so, therefore they wont be able to claim points when sending the application.

However, there is a form that you can use and send whenever you want to make modification to your application (address, family, test score, etc.). If you look the form, there is a box that says Submission of a new item in support of your application or that of your spouse (education, work experience,
language knowledge, etc.)

So, I can only assume that it is possible to make changes to 'language knowledge'. But of course, the best thing would be to just send your best application package the first time for fast processing and avoid any mistakes on your part and their part.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/dcs/A-0520-MA-dyn.pdf

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
m81 said:
What this statement means is that if someone can't prove his or her knowledge for a language through the specified test, the person has to check the box saying so, therefore they wont be able to claim points when sending the application.

However, there is a form that you can use and send whenever you want to make modification to your application (address, family, test score, etc.). If you look the form, there is a box that says Submission of a new item in support of your application or that of your spouse (education, work experience,
language knowledge, etc.)

So, I can only assume that it is possible to make changes to 'language knowledge'. But of course, the best thing would be to just send your best application package the first time for fast processing and avoid any mistakes on your part and their part.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/dcs/A-0520-MA-dyn.pdf
Thanks for your reply m81, if it is possible then to update language scores, I assume that we can not update our file until we receive a "reference number & dossier number" ? or is it possible to update before we receive any of those!
By the way, you are so lucky! I can see from your timeline that you received AOR really quick! what is your total number of points?