+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Smallie said:
Hello All,

So we had our interview in Accra on Thursday, October 18th and got our QSC immediately after. I'm sory i am just sharing this but i've been very occupied.

The interview lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer started by asking to see the international passports and birth certificates of the entire family (good thing we had the kids passports with us). Thereafter, she requested for my academic certificates and i arranged this properly putting the result from the MICC for my credential evaluation at the top followed by the TCF-Q result and then original copies of my university certificates and the rest. She was impressed with the fact that i had done my credential evaluation and next, she asked to see my work documents. All our documents were neatly arranged in a transparent folder so it was easy to flip through and give her whatever document she requested for. She was speaking french throughout and i just struggled to pick out the verbs from her long sentences and try to deduce as much as possible. It was really tough keeping up with a native french speaker. After going through all the documnets, she returned some to me and kept some with her to make copies. She asked what level I was in AF presently and i gave her our AF ID cards. She asked me why we choose Quebec and once i explained that, she brought out the common values for Quebec that i had signed and asked if i signed that. When i answered in the affirmative, she said i should list the values and i was able to list some. She asked what i know about Quebec and the labour market and we showed print outs from various job sites and vacancy adverts. She asked if we had friends or families in Quebec and we said yes, we have a friend in Montreal and another in Calgary.
She moved on to my husband and started by asking if he spoke french, he replied a little and she asked to see his original certificates. We also attached the acknowledgement of receipt from the MICC for his credential evaluation and she asked if we had submitted the original transcripts like the AOR stated. We assured her that it has been done. She asked to see his employment details and after looking through his documents, she asked him to tell her what he did yesterday. He tried to explain this in his limited french and I guess she made some sense of it.
After this, she said she was through with her questions and that if we had any more information to share with her to support our application, or any questions to ask, we can go ahead. We sure did. We showed her our internet print outs and our research in various areas such as, schooling, child care and day care services, the cost of living in montreal and a detailed research on the part of montreal we wish to live and why we have choosen that borough. We also showed her print out of jobs we are wiling to take on arrival in Quebec while we settle down and perfect our french in readiness of the better offers. These include receptionist/front desk office, call centre jobs, etc She looked at all the print outs we had seemed quite impressed. She told us to wait outside for 10 minutes while she made copies of some of the documents she kept with her. I asked her how the interview went and she said she will tell us when we come back in.
After a very nervous 10muntes, she called us in and the only thing i could pcik from all she was saying was “felicitation”!!! She congratuated us, handed over our original documents and gave us 2 copies of the certificates for each family member. Adviced us to keep learning french while we go ahead with the Federal process.

This is basically it.
Congratulations and wish you all the best for Federal and rest of the process.
Your interview experience will greatly help for those who are waiting for their turn to come.
Thanks again..

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
harit79 said:
Just one quick question, what is the process of making certified copies of original certificate from French Embassy?
Hello,

I guess it depends on what country you are in, for me i had to wait someone to come froma Vacation :)) as there is no one to make this process other than her :) and then i had to wait the console to come back from France :) and in the end after folow up and emails and visits to the embassy i could make it quickly .. they take something around 15 $ but i really forgot how much.

it is stupid paper work process but i had to make it, and i Had to send the original as it was crasy to send my application twice and get refused twice..

Let me know if you need any help.

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
signalmaker said:
Hello,

I guess it depends on what country you are in, for me i had to wait someone to come froma Vacation :)) as there is no one to make this process other than her :) and then i had to wait the console to come back from France :) and in the end after folow up and emails and visits to the embassy i could make it quickly .. they take something around 15 $ but i really forgot how much.

it is stupid paper work process but i had to make it, and i Had to send the original as it was crasy to send my application twice and get refused twice..

Let me know if you need any help.
Hi

I have created the following website to help New and Existing Canada Immigrants to find all the information they need in a single location. I am still working on to update this site. Please do let me know what information I can add to this site to make it more useful.

https://sites.google.com/site/newcanadianimmigrants/

Please feel free to check it

Thanks
Chandra

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
emceemouli said:
Hi

I have created the following website to help New and Existing Canada Immigrants to find all the information they need in a single location. I am still working on to update this site. Please do let me know what information I can add to this site to make it more useful.

Thanks
Chandra
Hi Chandra !

Oh that is so nice ! i always wanted something like that, and i can give you much of my experience since 13 months searching and checking.

I will check this website tonight and keep you posted.

Cheers !

Nuvin

Star Member
Jun 12, 2012
Hi Friends and Senior

I have a police clearance for london office. Everything ok. Except i did an ASSAULTs DO U THINK IT can affect my process.
Any advice.

Regards

TJ CAN

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
URGENT

Dear All, :)

I'm planning to send Quebec application in this week and I have some issues. Hope forum members will help me.

1) Education
have completed following qualifications,

MBA - India,
Diploma In Business Administration- UK

My issue is I'm in Sri Lanka so how can I get transcript certification from them. There in different countries and it take nearly 6months to
get certifications. Is it ok to get certification from a lawyer? or from University Grant Commission which is governing body of all universities
in Sri Lana?

2) AOT
I have completed MBA and I have 10 years of experience In Finance as an Assistant Accountant and Accountant.
Please advice whether I have to fill a form for regulated professionals.

3) Photos
How many photos have to send form each applicant? any specific size or background colour required?( I heard that photos to be in white background)

I have gathered all other documents and only issues have to be finalized. My IELTS certificate will expire on 20 Nov 2012 so before that I have to apply and otherwise I have to do it again. Please help me to complete my application.

Thank you.

stanchuks

May 7, 2012
Naija
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
emceemouli said:
Hi

https://sites.google.com/site/newcanadianimmigrants/

Thanks
Chandra
Nice work
You specifically didn't want to go into Quebec
it would be nice if you add a little thing about Quebec, just as you did with some province
Thanks

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TJ CAN said:
URGENT

Dear All, :)

I'm planning to send Quebec application in this week and I have some issues. Hope forum members will help me.

1) Education
have completed following qualifications,

MBA - India,
Diploma In Business Administration- UK

My issue is I'm in Sri Lanka so how can I get transcript certification from them. There in different countries and it take nearly 6months to
get certifications. Is it ok to get certification from a lawyer? or from University Grant Commission which is governing body of all universities
in Sri Lana?
I am not sure about this but you can notarized your documents from regulated authority. Other forum members can help on this.

2) AOT
I have completed MBA and I have 10 years of experience In Finance as an Assistant Accountant and Accountant.
Please advice whether I have to fill a form for regulated professionals.

Your AOT in not regulated so, you dont have to fill a form for regulated professional.

3) Photos
How many photos have to send form each applicant? any specific size or background colour required?( I heard that photos to be in white background)

Here is the link for more details.
http://www.ppt.gc.ca/info/photos.aspx

I have gathered all other documents and only issues have to be finalized. My IELTS certificate will expire on 20 Nov 2012 so before that I have to apply and otherwise I have to do it again. Please help me to complete my application.

Thank you.

Biolah

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
27th Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
30th Jan. 2014
LANDED..........
16th MAY 2014
@ all,

To God be the glory.We RECEIVED our CSQ Certificates today in Accra. Thank you all for your support and encouragement.Mama Egrace,4glory,Smallie and host of others I cant Mention now i say Merci beaucoup. (To share my interview experience tomorrow).

BIOLAH

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
signalmaker said:
Hi Chandra !

Oh that is so nice ! i always wanted something like that, and i can give you much of my experience since 13 months searching and checking.

I will check this website tonight and keep you posted.

Cheers !
Hello,

I think you made a big work in collecting this info and putting it in this particualre place ! i always wanted one place for all this info :

- you may add more and more from whenever you find something.

- you may make a Forum ! and i am sure you will get thousands of posts each day

- you may put more info about people who are WILLING and WORKING on the immigration, not only already landed immigrants , this will increase the hits on the website dramatically !

- you may put links to other websites that people may need, like the official websites of Provences and Cities ! this would be great

- Websites of Health, Education, driving License and everything..

- simply put everything in internet in this website and it would be wonderful

dont forget that simplicity and nice looking and easy to use is the most important thing and doesnt exist in many websites specially Quebec websites..

Thank you for that work !!

SUNSHINE4U

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
29/04/2015
Biolah said:
@ all,

To God be the glory.We RECEIVED our CSQ Certificates today in Accra. Thank you all for your support and encouragement.Mama Egrace,4glory,Smallie and host of others I cant Mention now i say Merci beaucoup. (To share my interview experience tomorrow).

BIOLAH
Congratulations , to God be the glory.

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
Biolah said:
@ all,

BIOLAH
Congratulations on the receipt of your CSQ, God will perfect the rest of the process for you. Try to start the Federal process as soon as possible.

xse2573

Dec 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
July 2013
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
June 2012
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
Biolah said:
@ all,

BIOLAH
A big congratulation and to God be all glory...The MAIN stage has been PERFECTED...Goodluck in the remaining!!!

maryr

Star Member
Nov 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
December 2, 2014 (Email)
AOR Received.
January 2012
Biolah said:
@ all,

BIOLAH
congratulations to you!!! we will be waiting for your story!!!

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Biolah said:
@ all,

BIOLAH
Congratulations Biolah for getting the CSQ.
Wish you all the best with rest of the process.