+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
I went to land @ buffalo in person. The man refused to land me because I did not have client copy of confirmation of permanent residence. just wanted to post here so others dont make the same mistake. Go with both the version with your photo and client copy also.

I will now land at CIC office in Ontario even though it is not CIC preference but it is going to cost a lot of time and money to travel from ontario to montreal then albany then back again to montreal to land via public transport. The CIC agent I spoke to on the phone said I can land in CIC office in Ontario but must be prepared to convince the officer I intend to settle in Quebec. I am torn between convenience (CIC office landing in Ontario) and spending time and money to go to Albany, USA and back to Quebec to land then all the way back to Ontario again.

To complicate matters even if I landed in Quebec, I still have to come back to Ontario on the monday to work for I have a contract job in Ontario.

So long story short, if you were in my shoes what will you do?

4613ster

Aug 26, 2012
javeedislam said:
Dear Friend,

1) qsw is not allowed till 31st march 2013, if I am applying from India ? Is this correct?
A. You still can apply if your AOT fall under group A / B / C and gives you 16 or 12 or 6 points.

2) a computer science graduate can get 6 points under area of training.
If your graduation is in Computer science then you can get 6 points otherwise you cannot.

someone do me correct if i am wrong.
My aot doesn't give me any points, but I can make 55 points by ielts & tefeq exams.
So can I apply after mar 31st 2013 ?

javeedislam

Feb 6, 2012
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
U112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2010
Doc's Request.
16 May 2014 updated on 03 Aug 2014
Nomination.....
Not yet
AOR Received.
26-04-2011
IELTS Request
03 August 2014 as well as TCFQ
File Transfer...
soon INSHALLAH
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Inshallah
LANDED..........
soon by the Grace of Allah, Inshallah
4613ster said:
My aot doesn't give me any points, but I can make 55 points by ielts & tefeq exams.
So can I apply after mar 31st 2013 ?
If your AOT does not fall under group A,B or C then you can apply only after Mar 2013 but remember that they are making new policies and rules for deploy at that time.

zyzy

Jun 29, 2012
Hello all,

Can someone pls explain to me the education required for accompanying spouse?I have not done my nursing yet,though my husband who will be the principal applicant has two degree, first in Business Management and second is Nursing, but in the immigration website it says that"

Applicants, or their spouses, who hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training (field of study) which allows them to receive 12 or 16 points on the province’s selection grid

Does it mean that i am not qualified for accompanying spouse?I need answers please'

Thanks
Zy

vision2011

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
zyzy said:
Hello all,

Can someone pls explain to me the education required for accompanying spouse?I have not done my nursing yet,though my husband who will be the principal applicant has two degree, first in Business Management and second is Nursing, but in the immigration website it says that"

Applicants, or their spouses, who hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training (field of study) which allows them to receive 12 or 16 points on the province's selection grid

Does it mean that i am not qualified for accompanying spouse?I need answers please'

Thanks
Zy
Even if you will be graduating in two days, you are not qualified (From my own experience) about your education.
They evaluate what you have, not what you are expecting in future , however you can provide them attendance certificates and transcripts with a full GPA.

But you can estimate, as these days it takes time to process files. maybe you can apply and if you are lucky at the time
they will process your file, you will be able to update it with your diploma/certificate (P.S: other members may help and give some suggestions). Also I think if ur husband is a principal applicant, it will not harm much, if you can reach the minimum points

Good luck!

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah yeah i know that,
but try TEFAQ its impossible exam,both listening and speaking . I spoke 40 minutes :'(

Umer Shahzad said:
well leman i wish u all the best mate. TCFQ is not too easy specially the listening part lol if u can understand C1 language French then u r a good french speaker

D

drTom

Hello friends,

I have submitted my file on 29 dec 2010.
I mean got a letter that says ouverture votre dossier ( opening of your file) dated 29 dec '10.

after that no further document recieved from BIQ HK.

i dont know whether above mentioned document is what is known as AOR.
but anyways, my question is it is almost 2 years now, havenot heard anything about my CSQ, interview etc.. its long wait.

Is it only me, or there are folks who got their AOR, CSQ, finally MR ,,,, and applied around same date as mine..

inmy case, i applied while in india, and a month later, i moved to US for work.

please guys, share something...

Sbatool

Sep 26, 2012
Hi Everyone,
I want to know that does suspension of applications untill march 2013 is applicable for people with quebec selection certificate?? I received QSC on July 2011 and I sent my application for immigration on september 13th, 2012.
I would appreciate any response.
Thanks
Sbatool

vision2011

Star Member
Jul 4, 2012
Sbatool said:
Hi Everyone,
I want to know that does suspension of applications untill march 2013 is applicable for people with quebec selection certificate?? I received QSC on July 2011 and I sent my application for immigration on september 13th, 2012.
Thanks
Sbatool
If you already got ur CSQ what are your worries??

blacksheep882

Sep 11, 2012
hi! I'm a newbie here. Can anyone suggest sites or how can I find possible jobs in Quebec, specifically in Laval. I'm a nurse. thanks in advance.

hemu_vnit

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 June 2012
AOR Received.
26 July 2012
Med's Request
31 July 2012
Med's Done....
20 August 2012
Passport Req..
08-02-2013, passport reached CPP-O - 04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2013, PP received back on 18-04-2013
LANDED..........
20-04-2013
bluecougar26 said:
Could you please share what medical tests are required? I expect to recieve my medical requests soon (at least that is what I hope for) and I would like to find out more info on them.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Medical tests consists of general physical examination, chest X-Ray, blood and urine tests.

genona

Apr 29, 2011
Uae
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - sub to montreal FEDERAL - sub to VO ABUDhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Aug -16-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/09/2012 App received by CIC 11/03/2013 IN PROCESS
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
march 2013
Interview........
JULY 13, 2012( csq received)
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn
Sbatool said:
Hi Everyone,
Thanks
Sbatool
hi, y did u sent ur federal so late like a year? just curious. i sent mine after 2 mos because of PCC

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blacksheep882 said:
hi! I'm a newbie here. Can anyone suggest sites or how can I find possible jobs in Quebec, specifically in Laval. I'm a nurse. thanks in advance.
Check this.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/employment/looking-finding/index.html