2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nevillek said:
Hi Egrace and thanks. I did not understand much. Firstly, the 5 yr concept does not apply to me as I have completed B.Com. in 2009 and M.Com in 2011 and plan to apply in 2012. Y the long wait?what if things are no longer the way they use to with the BIQ-guys? My only concern is that my Bachelor and Master degree have different specializations. there is nothing to worry about. since both are less than 5years, only the one with the highest point potential will be considered for u
1) I checked the AoT list and there is "Accounting (Bach-3yrs)" under SECTION C but I don't see "Masters" anywhereu do not need to see it. i think setting the lower limit is sufficient for applicant to determine if they are qualified or not.they need not list m.sc, p.hd etc although there are some course whose lower limit is m.sc. So I assume that the AoT only looks at the Bachelor degree and so I get a clear 6 points for that? yeah u will get 6pts not bcos it is Bach-3yrs but bcos it is less than 5yrs old. the Bach-3years is only telling u about the minimum qualification that is required for to benefit from the point. take for instance, if the cut-off point for an examination is 50%, and u score 70%. do u think u will be disqualified for not scoring the exact cut-off? of course not.
2) So the only concern is the "Schooling/Level of Education" category which awards 10 points for Bachelors and 12 points for Masters. I have obtained a Masters degree through distance education which is NOT in Acctg. but in Management! Would I get 10 or 12 points for that?12pts

P.S. BTW, I forgot to ask one very important thing. There is no "B.Com." in the AoT list so I assumed that "B.Acctg." would be similar to that and I fall under SECTION C. Is my assumption correct? If not, which category does "B.Com." fall under? they will figure that out based on ur transcript.... there really is no complexity in ur case.... but i think what u need resolve quickly is y the wait till 2012 b4 applying?

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Wow, thanks for your answers. And to answer you, because I am still working on my French and work experience points ;)

mansoorhashmi

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 Nov. 2010
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
11-July-2011
Interview........
waiting
Hi Stilhope,

u r right in points but wot about the spouse area of training points?

Mansoor

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
Has anyone heard of possible changes to Quebec immigration in 2012 ? I have seen some posts but was not sure if it is credible - please do share your views if you are already aware.

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
Re: Interview reschedule

vibez_well said:
Hi Angeleye,

you requested your interview to be rescheduled because of the visa problem right ?
how long did they take to reschedule it ? and what was the gap b/w ur 1st & 2nd interview date ?

thanks !
yes vibez i requested for re-scheduling interview. they took 2 days to decide and there was one week's gap in my first and second interview.

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
guyz, yesterday i sent my documnets to london visa ofice for the federal part :) need your prayers.

TJ CAN

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice to see this thred. I have applied under skill category (1122) but, I think my documents will reject due to cap reached.
I would like to know Quebec Immigration will ask any certificate for french language (like IELTS) or just french speaking ability ?

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
angeleye said:
guyz, yesterday i sent my documnets to london visa ofice for the federal part :) need your prayers.
Hi angeleys, Wish you a fast paced federal application process!

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
TJ CAN said:
Nice to see this thred. I have applied under skill category (1122) but, I think my documents will reject due to cap reached.
I would like to know Quebec Immigration will ask any certificate for french language (like IELTS) or just french speaking ability ?
Hi TJ, They can ask for a French certificate if you declare French language ability in your application form. If BIQ don't do that they can still call you for the interview to check if you can demonstrate the French language ability you have claimed in your application. Well, if you start learning French, you will find its easy. In 2 months time you can reach the basic French level A1. Yes there are French exams available like DELF, TEF, TEFaQ, TCF (Test de Connaissance du Francais) and you can prepare from the nearest Alliance Frances office. I hope that makes it clear. Thanks

angeleye

Nov 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
thanks fresco :) and best of luck to you too !!!

challenge

Sep 13, 2011
fReSco said:
Hi TJ, They can ask for a French certificate if you declare French language ability in your application form. If BIQ don't do that they can still call you for the interview to check if you can demonstrate the French language ability you have claimed in your application. Well, if you start learning French, you will find its easy. In 2 months time you can reach the basic French level A1. Yes there are French exams available like DELF, TEF, TEFaQ, TCF (Test de Connaissance du Francais) and you can prepare from the nearest Alliance Frances office. I hope that makes it clear. Thanks
Hi friends,
I'm new in this thread. Thanks for all experiences and hope to get kind supports from u. I find that some of you can clear A1 w/in 2 months, i really admire that. I've studied about 2 months but i'm not ready for the exam honestly :). Did u have ur private tutor and any sources that we can speed up our French. Highly appreciate ur advice.

mansoorhashmi

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 Nov. 2010
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
11-July-2011
Interview........
waiting
challenge said:
Hi friends,
I'm new in this thread. Thanks for all experiences and hope to get kind supports from u. I find that some of you can clear A1 w/in 2 months, i really admire that. I've studied about 2 months but i'm not ready for the exam honestly :). Did u have ur private tutor and any sources that we can speed up our French. Highly appreciate ur advice.
Hi,
u will get good support from this site and u can improve ur french as well.

http://learnfrenchwithalexa.com/

Rgds,

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
angeleye said:
Hey angeleye ! wish you all the very best :)

fReSco

Apr 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2011
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
angeleye said:
thanks fresco :) and best of luck to you too !!!
Thank you angeleye, ... still a long road to go : )