+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

bullrules

Star Member
May 22, 2012
bullrules said:
Can any one help me out in finding correct AOT for myself and my spouse.

Myself

I am from INDIA and completed Master of computer applications (3 years full time course) from Sri Venkateswara University Tirupati Andhra Pradesh.

I did MCA after my graduation Bachelor of Science in Maths/Physics/Chemistry.

Including MCA i have 18 years of continous study

My Spouse

She is also from INDIA and complete Master of Science in Computers (2 years full time course) from Srikrishna Devaraya university Anantapur. Andhra Pradesh.

She did her graduation Bachelor of science in Maths/Physics/Computers

Including MSC she has completed 17 years of continous study.

Appreciate your help in this.

Thanks
Can anyone help me out ?

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Hey Umer,

M.Com. is shown as "Études universitaires de deuxième cycle" in this PDF:
http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI_3_1_INDE.pdf

but if I select U074 (Management and Bus. Adm.) as the AOT, it is shown as "Diplôme d'études universitaires 1er cycle - 3 ans" in this PDF:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/domaines-6.pdf

So how can U074 be the correct AOT code for M.Com.?

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
as far as my knowledge u know Section C area of training the University level degree Bach is the minimum requirement for that bro and as u told ur degree is M.com which is related to management thats why i think its U074 University level degree ! hope so that helps

Junny

Apr 29, 2012
Hi friends,

I need your help as I am reading this forum for few weeks and finding helpful for everyone.
I want to apply for Quebec, as my details are as under.
I finished my 4 years of Mechanical diploma (dies and moulds) from jan 2003 to dec 2006.
after I finished B.tech pass Mechanical(2 yrs degree) from sep'07 to sep'09.
I worked in mechanical field from january 2007 to july 2012. hence I have more than 4 years full time exp.
My Ielts score is 5.5 Lis and Sp.
French is A2,A2

Can any body please help me if I am eligible to apply.
Please reply me as I have asked so many times in this forum before.

Thanks and waiting for help.

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Umer Shahzad said:
as far as my knowledge u know Section C area of training the University level degree Bach is the minimum requirement for that bro and as u told ur degree is M.com which is related to management thats why i think its U074 University level degree ! hope so that helps

Yeah I understand what you're saying, but only problem is there is no MASTERS degree in AOT list in Section C... :(

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A university graduate than indicated in the list
areas of training is evaluated in the same manner as if the same
cycle level. For example, a Master of Business Administration at
Quebec must be evaluated under the list as a bachelor
Business Administration.

this is in GPI page number 24 ready it

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.mels.gouv.qc.ca/stat/bulletin/bulletin_18an.pdf

see this there is graph and Bach and masters are of same level 5A

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Umer Shahzad said:
A university graduate than indicated in the list
areas of training is evaluated in the same manner as if the same
cycle level. For example, a Master of Business Administration at
Quebec must be evaluated under the list as a bachelor
Business Administration.

this is in GPI page number 24 ready it
Wow thanks, that's cool. But what about the specialization being different for Bach. and Masters like in my case? Have they mentioned anything about that?

Also, given that my B.Com. is in Finance/Actg, M.Com is in Management and my work experience is that of an Accounting Assistant, what do you think I should fill in the application form in these fields:

1) INTENDED PROFESSION IN QC
2) This profession is connected with or related to your field of study? YES or NO
3) This profession is connected with or related to your professional experience? YES or NO

I want to make sure I select the best answers here so that they give me points for AOT. I put Accounting Assistant as INTENDED PROFESSION IN QC in my application but I don't think that's right because that's not a profession. Should I put ACCOUNTING/MANAGEMENT in that field?

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dSD18 said:
Hi to all, I am new member in QSW. and filed application to BIQ Hongkong on 18 sept 2012. what is next step.
wait for reply from BIQ, they will send you AOR. Till then, have patience and have a chilled beer.

Hoback

Apr 27, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
U024
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent upfront
Nomination.....
5-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with file
Med's Request
Sent upfront
Med's Done....
Sent upfront
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
In Canada since 22-08-2013
Hi to all, I am new member in QSW. and filed application to BIQ Hongkong on 18 sept 2012. what is next step.
Depending on many factors it takes 2 to even 4 months to receive one. As grande_folie said: relax and don't worry. :)

fcamille19

Aug 16, 2012
Hi All,

Just wanted to share. My interview was scheduled Nov. 1, 2012 in BIQ Hongkong. And praise the Lord God i got my CSQ after :) Thank you guys for the well wishes received. Though i'm not that active in posting here..

My interview lasted for i think 30 minutes.. and questions were in french such what is your name, address, working experience, how much is the salary for an accountant and what i intend to work when i get there. The counseiller is a middle age man and very polite and nice. He asked for my certificate of employment with job description on it.. That's all i remembered coz i got really emotional that time. When the officer stare at me for a while and then printed the CSQ.. it was like oh my God am i dreaming.. then i cried. He congratulate me and one of his co-officer went inside the room also and said bonne chance..

For those who have upcoming interviews, please just be yourself don't get nervous. Just relax its just like your having conversation with your friend. Don't forget to wear a smile on your face..

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fcamille19 said:
Hi All,

Just wanted to share. My interview was scheduled Nov. 1, 2012 in BIQ Hongkong. And praise the Lord God i got my CSQ after :) Thank you guys for the well wishes received. Though i'm not that active in posting here..

My interview lasted for i think 30 minutes.. and questions were in french such what is your name, address, working experience, how much is the salary for an accountant and what i intend to work when i get there. The counseiller is a middle age man and very polite and nice. He asked for my certificate of employment with job description on it.. That's all i remembered coz i got really emotional that time. When the officer stare at me for a while and then printed the CSQ.. it was like oh my God am i dreaming.. then i cried. He congratulate me and one of his co-officer went inside the room also and said bonne chance..

For those who have upcoming interviews, please just be yourself don't get nervous. Just relax its just like your having conversation with your friend. Don't forget to wear a smile on your face..
Many congratulations fcamille19.
From few past experience of forum members, i can see that BIQ HQ officers are very polite and helpful.
Can you please let us know the whole interview was conducted in french only, or you may allow to speak English as well?
Can you please share your timelines if you get the chance?
Once again congratulations and wish you all the best with federal.

Hoback

Apr 27, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
U024
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent upfront
Nomination.....
5-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with file
Med's Request
Sent upfront
Med's Done....
Sent upfront
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
In Canada since 22-08-2013
Hi All,
Just wanted to share. My interview was scheduled Nov. 1, 2012 in BIQ Hongkong. And praise the Lord God i got my CSQ after Smiley Thank you guys for the well wishes received. Though i'm not that active in posting here..

Congrats! :) Did anyone attend an interview in one of the Eastern-European cities?

rifiel

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Hello All,

I've been struggling with this for a very long time.
I’m in the process of putting my application together and here are my concerns.
I have the following certificates and I have put the equivalent as contained in the Tableau comparatif

Ordinary National Diploma in Business Studies (1998) Nigeria
Ordinary National Diploma (OND)…études techniques Collégial Secondaire 5 – formation générale et une année d’études collégiales techniques 6 6 ou 104
Higher National Diploma (HND) in Marketing-2001 Nigeria Higher National Diploma (HND) Collégial Diplôme d’études collégiales techniques 10 8 ou 1011
Bachelor’s degree in Business management (UK) 2009 (obtained with advanced standing/credits Transfer)
I can’t find anything for UK degrees

I currently work as Administrative & Logistics Officer Now I don’t know what my AOT is (Business Management DEC 12pts or Business Management BACC 6pts) If I inadvertently put the wrong code, will my application be returned to me? Or will they correct it and give me the correct points…
Can I include all these certificates?
I’m really confused at this point as I’m not using a consultant.

Someone assist please………

4glory

Feb 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
September 2012
fcamille19 said:
Hi All,

Congratulations on the receipt of your CSQ, God will perfect the rest of the process for you with the Federal process, it is well!

Cheers