Damascus
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2010 FOR CSQ
Sorry for the bad news but for those who still don't know, the whole embassy in Damascus will be closed by the end of this week and everything will be moved to Beirut. I believe this is going to make the processes longer.

Jet

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2009 for CSQ
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 25 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 15 2014
msharafaldeen said:
Sorry for the bad news but for those who still don't know, the whole embassy in Damascus will be closed by the end of this week and everything will be moved to Beirut. I believe this is going to make the processes longer.
do you have a link or something so i can read the whole story ?

msharafaldeen

Star Member
Oct 10, 2011
Damascus
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2010 FOR CSQ
Jet said:
do you have a link or something so i can read the whole story ?
I have not read this anywhere. I called the embassy today and they told me they would be closed. They said they still don't know for sure where the alternative will be but it will most probably be in Beirut. That's why I think they will need some time to move the files and get settled down over there.

Jet

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2009 for CSQ
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 25 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 15 2014
msharafaldeen said:
I have not read this anywhere. I called the embassy today and they told me they would be closed. They said they still don't know for sure where the alternative will be but it will most probably be in Beirut. That's why I think they will need some time to move the files and get settled down over there.
i see.. well at least there will be Canadians working on our files not arabs, we saw their processing abilities and competencies.. the numbers of processed applications speak for themselves.. 25 months on the waiting for those damn meds.. it is a disgrace! i personnally consider it as a good news.

Nina-HP

Jan 15, 2012
msharafaldeen said:
as Damascus is also responsible for Iranian files, I doubt if they transfer all the files to Beirut. maybe they will divide the files to 2 or 3, and send them to different visa offices.
and a question:
where do interviews take place now, for applicants from Lebanon and Syria?

Jet

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2009 for CSQ
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 25 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 15 2014
Nina-HP said:
as Damascus is also responsible for Iranian files, I doubt if they transfer all the files to Beirut. maybe they will divide the files to 2 or 3, and send them to different visa offices.
and a question:
where do interviews take place now, for applicants from Lebanon and Syria?
last time i heard they were conducting the interviews for CSQ applicants in Turkey

msharafaldeen

Star Member
Oct 10, 2011
Damascus
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2010 FOR CSQ
Jet said:
last time i heard they were conducting the interviews for CSQ applicants in Turkey
I don't think Iranians will have any problem coming to Lebanon.

As for the CSQ interviews, they are now being conducted in Istanbul for the middle east applicants but we don't know where the next mission will be interviewing. It could be in Lebanon since the whole center will be moved there.

Nina-HP

Jan 15, 2012
msharafaldeen said:
I don't think Iranians will have any problem coming to Lebanon.

As for the CSQ interviews, they are now being conducted in Istanbul for the middle east applicants but we don't know where the next mission will be interviewing. It could be in Lebanon since the whole center will be moved there.
although it is just guessing, I still think in the other way.
as a hint of my opinion: one of the Iranian applicants whose CSQ was issued on late 2009, is now invited for federal interview in Ankara.

Jet

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2009 for CSQ
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 25 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 15 2014
Nina-HP said:
although it is just guessing, I still think in the other way.
as a hint of my opinion: one of the Iranian applicants whose CSQ was issued on late 2009, is now invited for federal interview in Ankara.
there is no interview for the federal part in case he/she has the CSQ..

Nina-HP

Jan 15, 2012
Jet said:
there is no interview for the federal part in case he/she has the CSQ..
if there is some question for federal officer, usually security issues, there will be an interview in federal section, even though one has the CSQ.
it has always been so.

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
I have heard that they are going to close the embassy in Damascus and transfer the application elsewhere probably Beirut, Do u have any information ???

Jet

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2009 for CSQ
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 25 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 15 2014
yma981 said:
I have heard that they are going to close the embassy in Damascus and transfer the application elsewhere probably Beirut, Do u have any information ???
let's hope so..

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
D1=10-AUG-2010; D2= 30-MAY-2012
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
Interview 22 MAY 2012 Istanbul CSQ RECEIVED
AOR Received.
D1 05.10.2010 / D2 06.06.2012
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
Hello Bashar,
Nothing yet, i am also waiting, i really hope i will be called for March/April session, as i have a long time waiting..in august will be 2 years!!!!! Instead of 9 month as it was before the situation in Syria becoming dangerous,,,,

I have no choice... :(
What about u??How is ur french? I think i will forget to speak till the interview....
Keep in touch, Regards

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
D1=10-AUG-2010; D2= 30-MAY-2012
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
Interview 22 MAY 2012 Istanbul CSQ RECEIVED
AOR Received.
D1 05.10.2010 / D2 06.06.2012
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
Mazhar how are u dear, are u preparing well?.....u have 3 days left until ur exam.....i am sure u'll do just great!!!and keep in mind that whatever ur result will be, it can not be less than A1..it's impossible, and A1 means u will get 2 points...which is better than u have declared ( 0 points )!!!! so this will be the worst scenario!!!!
But i am sure u will get more than this, i will give u the grades now : B1 for Comprehension oral, and A2 for Conversation!!!!:)))
Good luck and keep us informed