+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec 2010 Applicants Damasucs Visa office

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OsamaR said:
Salam and Hi all...

I have been living in a panic mood for the past few months till Wednesday 28/11/2012 when I got my CSQ thank God.

Here are the interview details...

It was in French of course, and little bit of English when I was not able to get what he was saying. He started by requesting our passports, marriage certificate, our university degrees, my work experience, French and English certificates.

Then he asked me:
To show him what I have done in terms of job search
To list some of the recruiting companies in Montreal
To list some companies that I can work for in Montreal
What is the rental cost in Montreal
What do I know about what has been happening in Quebec lately

My advice, is to be CALM, look professional, and make sure you have enough points before going to the interview, otherwise be very well prepared.

I have done my TCFQ and got B1 B1

Good Luck to all :)
Congratulations for getting CSQ and thanks for sharing interview details. That will helps a lot.
Long journey comes to an end. Wish you all the best for federal.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi osamar, congratulations to you buddy !
So, the first and most difficult hurddle is over now :)
Good Luck for federal application !

pls can u share how many points were given to you in interview for each of the criteria to get csq.
Thanks in advance.

OsamaR said:
Salam and Hi all...

I have been living in a panic mood for the past few months till Wednesday 28/11/2012 when I got my CSQ thank God.

Here are the interview details...

It was in French of course, and little bit of English when I was not able to get what he was saying. He started by requesting our passports, marriage certificate, our university degrees, my work experience, French and English certificates.

Then he asked me:
To show him what I have done in terms of job search
To list some of the recruiting companies in Montreal
To list some companies that I can work for in Montreal
What is the rental cost in Montreal
What do I know about what has been happening in Quebec lately

My advice, is to be CALM, look professional, and make sure you have enough points before going to the interview, otherwise be very well prepared.

I have done my TCFQ and got B1 B1

Good Luck to all :)

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
D1=10-AUG-2010; D2= 30-MAY-2012
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
Interview 22 MAY 2012 Istanbul CSQ RECEIVED
AOR Received.
D1 05.10.2010 / D2 06.06.2012
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
Congratulations Oussama , u did it !!! Very good news, congrats also for ur patience, hard work for obtaining B1 and ur wife's support! Good luck with federal file, hope one day we will meet all in Quebec !

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
mkshah said:
hi osamar, congratulations to you buddy !
So, the first and most difficult hurddle is over now :)
Good Luck for federal application !

pls can u share how many points were given to you in interview for each of the criteria to get csq.
Thanks in advance.
Hello mkshah,

I always had this question in mind and I though this will be given to us during interview, but actually no such information was shared with me.

I believe this type of information is only provided if we ask for it or in case of refusal..

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
RICOLUNA said:
Congratulations Oussama , u did it !!! Very good news, congrats also for ur patience, hard work for obtaining B1 and ur wife's support! Good luck with federal file, hope one day we will meet all in Quebec !
Thanks a lot RICOLUNA for your words :)

Hope we all will meet in the near future inshallah..

ThunderBird11

Jun 6, 2012
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus l Montreal | Paris
NOC Code......
2174 - U115
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2011
Nomination.....
CSQ le 6 Fevrier 2015
AOR Received.
18 June 2015
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
9 July 2015
Med's Done....
15 July 2015
Interview........
06-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
27-August-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-September-2015
LANDED..........
Planning On April 2016
Osama great news ...
Thank u for sharing the terrifying interview stage .. hehe ...
Gd luck with ur federal part ...
Peace.

georgess

Star Member
Nov 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-DAMAS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-SEP-2011
Nomination.....
20-SEP-2012
IELTS Request
WITHOUT
Med's Done....
22-Oct-2013
Interview........
22-NOV-2012 -- CSQ RECEIVED 17-APR-2013
LANDED..........
one day
ThunderBird11 said:
Osama great news ...
Thank u for sharing the terrifying interview stage .. hehe ...
Gd luck with ur federal part ...
Peace.
congratulation Osama and good luck with ur federal part

mft25

May 13, 2012
Amman
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman - Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2010 2nd file 12-7-2012
Nomination.....
18-11-2011 short list email
AOR Received.
17-09-2010 2nd file 18-7-2012 with UCI number
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
04-03-2014 to Bucharest
Med's Request
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Interview........
04-07-2012 i got the CSQ
Passport Req..
20-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
3-07-2015
Congratulations Osama
i told you if you know french and well prepared you garantee the CSQ . Do not take rest untill you send your federal file and get file number. so send it as soon as possible .

Alikhan12

Dec 1, 2012
Hello All,

I've been the silent observer of this forum for some time and now it's the time to provide you all with some useful information on my Quebec interview that was conducted in Istanbul recently. I appeared for the interview with not much of optimism as I have almost zero French knowledge although I have taken one month French beginner course before I applied for quebec immigration in Nov 2010. After this course I could not concentrate much on French due to busy work schedule even though I knew its one of the most important factor in obtaining Quebec immigration.

I had 61 points without counting french language point before the interview, requiring 2 additional points in order to qualify so instead of focusing on french language i spent last few days concentrating on potential questions that i could be asked during the interview. Thanks to some wonderful participants of this forum who shared their interview experiences.

My interview last for bit more than an hour, all in English :D with few embarrassing moments :( when I was asked few questions in French where I was not able to understand a word. Officer informed me that I will not get any points for French which was very obvious although I claimed 2 points when i submitted the application and was hoping to improve french skills as you get enough time from submitting the application till you receive interview call.

Interview time was 11:00am and I reached Hilton ParkSA around 9:30am. At the lobby I see many people waiting for their interview mostly from Iran having nursing as their profession. Everyone was busy reviewing their notes and reading stuff about their interview, it was tensed environment which made me bit nervous specially when one of the couple was called for the interview and they had to leave their young kid outside and this poor kid kept crying until his parents came back while I was there with one 3.5 year old and one 4months old. Things get even worst When one applicant Waiting in lobby has taken a picture of immigration officer from her mobile and immigration officer(old lady) started shouting at her and made her delete the picture and asked her to leave immediately. While waiting for almost 2 hours I saw not a single rejection and everyone coming out from their interview with selection certificate in their hands which was encouraging.

Finally around 11:30am my name was called by young male immigration officer, I replied in English and latter realized that I should have replied in French anyway I informed him about my two kids and he seems ok to have them with me and my wife during the interview. He started the interview by introducing himself, explaining why we were called for the interview and he will be accessing my language skills both english/french, quebec knowledge and by the of this interview he will inform us of his decision of accepting or not accepting us for Quebec. He asked us if i was able to understand him as this was in French, my reply was in negative so he started explaining again in English. Interview was very simple, below are the details in the same sequence as it was asked
1) Passport for all
2) marriage certificate
3) Original educational certificates
4) Original experience letter from previous employers
5) My initial four years of experience was from US so tax returns from all these years have been reviewed thoroughly.
6) introduction Letter from my current employer with salary and joining date.
7) Recent Salary slips
8) Spouse educational certificate
9) Few basic questions were asked in French which I could not understand and he informed us for not getting any French language point.
10) Why do you want to immigrate to Quebec
11) What do you know about Quebec
12) you have good professional experience so what if you get a job in Ontario after you land in Quebec.
13) why you have chosen Montreal
14) Name some cities of Quebec
15) suburbs of Montreal, name few
16) housing situation in Montreal both rent or if I choose to buy a house
17) recent happening in Quebec, to check how informed I'm about the place I'm migrating.
18) previous quebec visits if any, I visited Montreal couple of times but only for few days so no points were awarded which again was obvious
19) any research I have done on job market related to my area of expertise in quebec and how confident I am for these jobs
20) any family or friends I currently have in Quebec

He emphasized lot on French and concerned about me not knowing french. He did mention that you may be able to survive and become successful in terms of income without french but socially its not possible. After this he took some time working on his computer and gave me his final words "Congratulation, you have passed the interview although you are very near to the threshold of passing points." My total points were 64 :D.

We spend around 20 minutes after this where he explained me the next steps and what should I do in improving the language and how important it is to have good knowledge before going to Quebec.

In a nutshell my advice for applicants who are on interview waiting list is
1) Prepare to face French questions even if you claimed to be low beginner and don't expect to have more than 3 interview points if you have little or no French language skills.
2) Read a lot about Quebec and its cities, it gives immigration officer lot of confidence in you.
3) I was able to answer every single question in good detail except French but still manage to get only three points in the interview whereas my target was for two :) in the end what matter is the golden number of 63.
4) I can tell you for sure from my experience that French is important in Quebec immigration but NOT mandatory. So anyone who is able to obtain a minimum of 60 as a couple without French should apply but make sure you need to be very well prepared for the interview.

Again thanks to all of you for providing all the useful information on this forum though it is my first ever post on any forum, I hope it provides some useful information.

Good luck to all.

Regards
Ali Khan.

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
Alikhan12 said:
Hello All,

I've been the silent observer of this forum for some time and now it's the time to provide you all with some useful information on my Quebec interview that was conducted in Istanbul recently. I appeared for the interview with not much of optimism as I have almost zero French knowledge although I have taken one month French beginner course before I applied for quebec immigration in Nov 2010. After this course I could not concentrate much on French due to busy work schedule even though I knew its one of the most important factor in obtaining Quebec immigration.

I had 61 points without counting french language point before the interview, requiring 2 additional points in order to qualify so instead of focusing on french language i spent last few days concentrating on potential questions that i could be asked during the interview. Thanks to some wonderful participants of this forum who shared their interview experiences.

My interview last for bit more than an hour, all in English :D with few embarrassing moments :( when I was asked few questions in French where I was not able to understand a word. Officer informed me that I will not get any points for French which was very obvious although I claimed 2 points when i submitted the application and was hoping to improve french skills as you get enough time from submitting the application till you receive interview call.

Interview time was 11:00am and I reached Hilton ParkSA around 9:30am. At the lobby I see many people waiting for their interview mostly from Iran having nursing as their profession. Everyone was busy reviewing their notes and reading stuff about their interview, it was tensed environment which made me bit nervous specially when one of the couple was called for the interview and they had to leave their young kid outside and this poor kid kept crying until his parents came back while I was there with one 3.5 year old and one 4months old. Things get even worst When one applicant Waiting in lobby has taken a picture of immigration officer from her mobile and immigration officer(old lady) started shouting at her and made her delete the picture and asked her to leave immediately. While waiting for almost 2 hours I saw not a single rejection and everyone coming out from their interview with selection certificate in their hands which was encouraging.

Finally around 11:30am my name was called by young male immigration officer, I replied in English and latter realized that I should have replied in French anyway I informed him about my two kids and he seems ok to have them with me and my wife during the interview. He started the interview by introducing himself, explaining why we were called for the interview and he will be accessing my language skills both english/french, quebec knowledge and by the of this interview he will inform us of his decision of accepting or not accepting us for Quebec. He asked us if i was able to understand him as this was in French, my reply was in negative so he started explaining again in English. Interview was very simple, below are the details in the same sequence as it was asked
1) Passport for all
2) marriage certificate
3) Original educational certificates
4) Original experience letter from previous employers
5) My initial four years of experience was from US so tax returns from all these years have been reviewed thoroughly.
6) introduction Letter from my current employer with salary and joining date.
7) Recent Salary slips
8) Spouse educational certificate
9) Few basic questions were asked in French which I could not understand and he informed us for not getting any French language point.
10) Why do you want to immigrate to Quebec
11) What do you know about Quebec
12) you have good professional experience so what if you get a job in Ontario after you land in Quebec.
13) why you have chosen Montreal
14) Name some cities of Quebec
15) suburbs of Montreal, name few
16) housing situation in Montreal both rent or if I choose to buy a house
17) recent happening in Quebec, to check how informed I'm about the place I'm migrating.
18) previous quebec visits if any, I visited Montreal couple of times but only for few days so no points were awarded which again was obvious
19) any research I have done on job market related to my area of expertise in quebec and how confident I am for these jobs
20) any family or friends I currently have in Quebec

He emphasized lot on French and concerned about me not knowing french. He did mention that you may be able to survive and become successful in terms of income without french but socially its not possible. After this he took some time working on his computer and gave me his final words "Congratulation, you have passed the interview although you are very near to the threshold of passing points." My total points were 64 :D.

We spend around 20 minutes after this where he explained me the next steps and what should I do in improving the language and how important it is to have good knowledge before going to Quebec.

In a nutshell my advice for applicants who are on interview waiting list is
1) Prepare to face French questions even if you claimed to be low beginner and don't expect to have more than 3 interview points if you have little or no French language skills.
2) Read a lot about Quebec and its cities, it gives immigration officer lot of confidence in you.
3) I was able to answer every single question in good detail except French but still manage to get only three points in the interview whereas my target was for two :) in the end what matter is the golden number of 63.
4) I can tell you for sure from my experience that French is important in Quebec immigration but NOT mandatory. So anyone who is able to obtain a minimum of 60 as a couple without French should apply but make sure you need to be very well prepared for the interview.

Again thanks to all of you for providing all the useful information on this forum though it is my first ever post on any forum, I hope it provides some useful information.

Good luck to all.

Regards
Ali Khan.

Congratulation Alikhan12 for passing your interview. It seems we were there around the same time because I have seen the couples who left their kid behind:) and as you said most of the applicants were from Iran..

Wish you all the best inshallah in your federal part 8)

ThunderBird11

Jun 6, 2012
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus l Montreal | Paris
NOC Code......
2174 - U115
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2011
Nomination.....
CSQ le 6 Fevrier 2015
AOR Received.
18 June 2015
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
9 July 2015
Med's Done....
15 July 2015
Interview........
06-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
27-August-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-September-2015
LANDED..........
Planning On April 2016
Alikhan 12 ... and that's what we call a detailed interview experience ...
Thank you for sharing all these valuable details ...
Congratulation and gd luck with your second part ...
Hope we'll join you guys asap ...
Peace.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ali khan please tell us you file number.
i am also nov 2010 applicant
just mention first 3 numbers

seconds,congrats for ur csq

mike.fahed

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus (CSQ)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2010 (CSQ) / 20-04-2013 (Federal)
Doc's Request.
Nothing
Nomination.....
Interview 26-02-2013 Istanbul - CSQ RECEIVED
AOR Received.
08-02-2011 (CSQ) / 26-06-2013 (Federal)
IELTS Request
Not Asked
File Transfer...
01-10-2013 (Romania EP00102XXX)
Med's Request
01-10-2013
Med's Done....
13-11-2013
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
One day..
lemans207 said:
@ ali khan please tell us you file number.
i am also nov 2010 applicant
just mention first 3 numbers

seconds,congrats for ur csq
lemans.. it's my turn b4 ;)