+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine plan and travel query

leroyrods

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Hi guys,
I have a question regarding quarantining in Canada. Do I have to quarantine myself in the province my college is based in or my final destination?

So, my college is based in Hamilton, Ontario which is close to Toronto airport and is on the dli list with a readiness plan. Since my GF is living in Calgary on a work permit and my classes are completely online I don’t want to stay in Toronto and move directly to Calgary. So, should I quarantine for 14 days in Toronto or move directly to Calgary and quarantine myself there? Can someone guide me as am not sure what to do as I don’t want trouble at the airport. Cheers!

leroyrods

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Also I’m from India so flights are directly to Toronto or Vancouver. Am not sure if the airport officials will let me travel to Calgary coz my college is based in Hamilton. Just wanted to make sure if I can travel to my final destination which is Calgary and quarantine myself there instead of Toronto as my college is closer to this airport

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
In Ontario you have to take a Covid Test now, 4 or 5 or 6 days after arrival. I'm not sure if this is countrywide but I know people who arrived and had to take it. If you are registered to study in Ontario but won't be here you better ask your advisor. They ask you a bunch of questions in the ArriveCan app now too so I would imagine they would know if you haven't gone for the test but I don't know how?

palash24

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Hi guys,
I have a question regarding quarantining in Canada. Do I have to quarantine myself in the province my college is based in or my final destination?

So, my college is based in Hamilton, Ontario which is close to Toronto airport and is on the dli list with a readiness plan. Since my GF is living in Calgary on a work permit and my classes are completely online I don’t want to stay in Toronto and move directly to Calgary. So, should I quarantine for 14 days in Toronto or move directly to Calgary and quarantine myself there? Can someone guide me as am not sure what to do as I don’t want trouble at the airport. Cheers!
HI leroyroads, do you have any updates? I am in the same situation as well.

Fu Va

Jun 23, 2020
I guess you have to verify if your college let you have your quarantine out of province (In case your college is Mohawk I believe you should stay in Ontario since they are not approving out of province plans) I think you can travel to any other city after that. I'm not 100% sure tho.

leroyrods

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Hi leroyrods, is there any update? Have you reached Canada?
My college has asked me to quarantine near Toronto airport itself. I suggest you ask your college regarding the same as different institutions have different rules.