+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Qualifying work experience for new pathway TR to PR

vdpadsala

May 25, 2021
Hey there,
I am applying for new pathway TR to PR under essential work experience stream. I have enough work experience and references letter from my employer and all years T4. But I don’t have notice of assessment right now for any years. I have applied for Tax returns which is still pending. So can I apply with just T4 and reference letter? Will IRCC reject my application as i dont have NOA currently?

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hey there,
I am applying for new pathway TR to PR under essential work experience stream. I have enough work experience and references letter from my employer and all years T4. But I don’t have notice of assessment right now for any years. I have applied for Tax returns which is still pending. So can I apply with just T4 and reference letter? Will IRCC reject my application as i dont have NOA currently?
2. Proof of Current Employment in Canada

When you apply, you will need to prove that you are currently employed in Canada.

You must submit the following as proof:

• A copy of your work permit(s) in Canada (if applicable), and
  • An employer reference letter from your current employer. The letter must include:
    • location of work
    • specific period of your employment (to/from dates)
    • description of your main responsibilities and duties
    • your total annual salary and benefits
    • the number of hours you work per week
    • your employer's name, signature, full address, telephone number and email address (if applicable)
You must also include your most recent pay stubs.
Once you have your NOA, you can send it ti IRCC via webform

Eva blake

Jun 22, 2021
Hello everyone,
If my husband completed 1580 over 16 month but in his breaktime he was working up to 80hrs in two weeks, will he will be eligible to apply to new pathway essential work.
Please advice.
Please note that my husband is a student and he works a part time job in his school day and full time in his break time.

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver
Hello everyone,
If my husband completed 1580 over 16 month but in his breaktime he was working up to 80hrs in two weeks, will he will be eligible to apply to new pathway essential work.
Please advice.
Please note that my husband is a student and he works a part time job in his school day and full time in his break time.
If he meets this criteria then yes:

You can work off campus without a work permit if you meet all of these requirements:

If you’re a part-time student
You can work off campus only if:

• you meet all of the requirements above and
  • you’re only studying part-time, instead of full-time, because:
    • you’re in the last semester of your study program and you don’t need a full course load to complete your program and
    • you were a full-time student in your program in Canada, up until your last semester
If you’re on an authorized leave
If you’re on an authorized leave from your studies, or you’re switching schools and you’re not studying, you can’t work off campus. You can only return to work once you’re back to studying.

Work experience red for this pathway:

Work experience
You need 1 year of work experience (at least 1,560 hours) in the past 3 years. Unlike your current employment, which can be in any job, your experience needs to be in one or more eligible occupations.

Your work experience must include

• most of the main duties and all the essential duties listed in your National Occupational Classification (NOC)
  • the activities listed in the lead statement of your NOC
You can see which duties are involved by searching your job title on the NOC web page.

To calculate your hours of work experience

• count the hours worked in part-time and full-time jobs
  • don’t count hours you weren’t paid for (volunteering and unpaid internships don’t count)
  • don’t count hours when you were self-employed
    • Exception: Count hours when you worked as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority.

Eva blake

Jun 22, 2021
If he meets this criteria then yes:

You can work off campus without a work permit if you meet all of these requirements:

If you’re a part-time student
You can work off campus only if:

• you meet all of the requirements above and
  • you’re only studying part-time, instead of full-time, because:
    • you’re in the last semester of your study program and you don’t need a full course load to complete your program and
    • you were a full-time student in your program in Canada, up until your last semester
If you’re on an authorized leave
If you’re on an authorized leave from your studies, or you’re switching schools and you’re not studying, you can’t work off campus. You can only return to work once you’re back to studying.

Work experience red for this pathway:

Work experience
You need 1 year of work experience (at least 1,560 hours) in the past 3 years. Unlike your current employment, which can be in any job, your experience needs to be in one or more eligible occupations.

Your work experience must include

• most of the main duties and all the essential duties listed in your National Occupational Classification (NOC)
  • the activities listed in the lead statement of your NOC
You can see which duties are involved by searching your job title on the NOC web page.

To calculate your hours of work experience

• count the hours worked in part-time and full-time jobs
  • don’t count hours you weren’t paid for (volunteering and unpaid internships don’t count)
  • don’t count hours when you were self-employed
    • Exception: Count hours when you worked as a medical doctor in a fee-for-service arrangement with a health authority.
Thank you!

Giradza

Jun 25, 2021
Hi there!

I have a doubt regarding the hours. Please kindly help me with this so that I would know whether I am eligible or not.

I was doing a part time job in an essential category. I was working from June 2019 to April 2021.

So it's almost 1 year and 11 months. My total hours are more than 1560.

And I am currently employed and doing an IT job.

I am wondering whether I am eligible or not.

I heard in case of part time they would count only 15hrs instead of 20hrs. In that case I would need to work 2 years right?

huxing0522

Dec 14, 2019
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
Med's Done....
23-03-2021
LANDED..........
16-08-2021
Hi there!

I have a doubt regarding the hours. Please kindly help me with this so that I would know whether I am eligible or not.

I was doing a part time job in an essential category. I was working from June 2019 to April 2021.

So it's almost 1 year and 11 months. My total hours are more than 1560.

And I am currently employed and doing an IT job.

I am wondering whether I am eligible or not.

I heard in case of part time they would count only 15hrs instead of 20hrs. In that case I would need to work 2 years right?
Work experience calculation : up to 30 hours every week.if didn't have 30 hours then count the actual hours.
I.e. 1week 40hours→30hours
2week 25hours→25hours
Must be at least 52weeks.
But I am curious IT work seems like not belong to essential work.

Giradza

Jun 25, 2021
Work experience calculation : up to 30 hours every week.if didn't have 30 hours then count the actual hours.
I.e. 1week 40hours→30hours
2week 25hours→25hours
Must be at least 52weeks.
But I am curious IT work seems like not belong to essential work.
I was working as a Food production employee for 1 year and 11 months. It comes under essential category.

I was working 20hrs each week and I do have 1760hrs.

After that I quit the job and is currently working in IT firm.

So am I eligible? or do I need to have 2 years experience as it says 1 year full time and 1560 hrs in the IRCC site.

huxing0522

Dec 14, 2019
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
Med's Done....
23-03-2021
LANDED..........
16-08-2021
Yes,Food production matches the program.If you worked at least 52 weeks,and up to 30hours each week total 1560 hours,yes you can submit your application.