+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QSW Work Experience points calculation

ANAZ

Nov 28, 2010
Dear Forumers,

I have applied for Quebec Skilled Worker immigration visa.
I am an electrical engineer and my area of training is in section E.
My question is about my work experience which is more than 7 years in the field of electrical engineering.

Today, I've heard that the only work experince which is calculated in points calculation are the experiences for areas of trainging more that Section "D"!

In other words, According to what I have heard, my working experience is not calculated at all as my area of traning and work experience is Section E and it is below section D.

Is that true? Do you have any idea?

Looking forward to hear from you.
Thanks,
ANAZ.

ANAZ

Nov 28, 2010
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for my panic! I guess I have found the answer to my question.
The rule according to QSW site is as below:

Recognized experience
The work experience by a skilled worker candidate must have been acquired:

•in the five years preceding the date of submission of an application for a selection certificate
•in an occupation with a skill level above “D” as defined by the National Occupational Classification (NOC)
•legally in the country concerned.
What is declared as criteria here is skill level "D" and not training level which was were I mixed up.

Here is also the definition for skill levels according to NOC:
NOC Skill Level Criteria
Skill Level Education/Training Other
A
University degree (bachelor's, masters or post-graduate).
B
Two to three years of post-secondary education at community college or institute of technology. (or) Two to four years of apprenticeship training. (or) Three to four years of secondary school and more than two years of on-the-job training, training course or specific work experience. Occupations with supervisory responsibilities are assigned to skill level B. Occupations with significant health and safety responsibilities (e.g., fire fighters, police officers and registered nursing assistants) are assigned to skill level B.
C
One to four years of secondary schools education. Up to two years of on-the-job training, training course or specific work experience.
D
Up to two years of secondary school and short work demonstration or on-the-job training.
So as I have masters degree my working experience is completely counted, is it?

Please confirm.

Ahmed 13646

Oct 30, 2010
Khartoum Sudan
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2010
Nomination.....
01-05-2013
AOR Received.
04-03-2011 (issued) - received 11-4-2011
IELTS Request
proof though + DELF B2 ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi ANAZ

i really dont know about what you post last which is the other noc criteria but if you are sure plz tell me if i have a bachelor degree as you claimed i will be awarded the a level without looking to the experience or they evaluate both of the mentioned criteria's??? ana input from seniors also is welcomed