+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Qorax, please advice

canonly1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
Dear Qorax,
If a child has PR card but she/he is not residing in Canada for some hard reasons. This child was not able also to live in Canada for 2 years out of the 5 years.How can he maintain his/her permanent resident status and stay able to renew the PR card.
Thanks,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
canonly1 said:
Dear Qorax,
If a child has PR card but she/he is not residing in Canada for some hard reasons. This child was not able also to live in Canada for 2 years out of the 5 years.How can he maintain his/her permanent resident status and stay able to renew the PR card.
Thanks,
This child would surely lose his/her PR status.
However, if s/he had genuine reasons... viz. Medical, Legal, Bereavement etc. s/he may get a reprieve thru judicial means, with considerable documentation... but, there's no guarantee.

Qorax
Ps.: I'm aware of one such 'successful' case though, not a child's, but an adult's. She had entered Canada just before 5yrs & moved a H&C petition.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
This child would surely lose his/her PR status.
However, if s/he had genuine reasons... viz. Medical, Legal, Bereavement etc. s/he may get a reprieve thru judicial means, with considerable documentation... but, there's no guarantee.

Qorax
Ps.: I'm aware of one such 'successful' case though, not a child's, but an adult's. She had entered Canada just before 5yrs & moved a H&C petition.
I don't agree

If the child is accompanying his parents and the parent is a Canadian citizen or satisfy their PR residency obligation (such as employment in a Canadian company working overseas) then the child can still meet PR residency obligation despite he is not physically resides in Canada.

The child must be in Canada in order to renew the PR card.

canonly1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
Dear Qorax,
Once again getting back to you as you were the full relief to me. I am a mother who landed in Canada with her 3 children (an adult over 18 years, a 17 and 6 months old and an 11 years old). For some hard reasons with my husband (we are now separated) I had to return back my youngest son to his father (11 years old), I had no other choice. Now since 10 months I have been living with my 2 other children in Canada. Now, I want to apply for the child benefit for the son who was 17 and 6 moths old when he arrived to Canada. Can you help me a little of the things that I should do? what can I say about my other child, how do I tell them that he is not living with me but he is with his father outside Canada? Are there any specific documents that I need to provide? Please guide me.
Thank you

hamdigalal

Dec 22, 2009
I really dont know if it is postive or negtive
my case changed to decision made and the office will contact you

but they did not add medical results received line to the e-case .that is how it shows
We received your application for permanent residence on May 1, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on June 1, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the london England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on June 9, 2009. The London England office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on September 12, 2011.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

I made my medical test on December 2011,and i emailed them asking about the status of my case their response was to submit the passports for my self and the whole family members That was last month march 15,2012
and now when I check my case statu it shows Decision made. but they dont add medical received line in the case .
I am so worried please give me an answer It is postive or something is wrong .what scare me is why they did not add this line to the case and a lot of people say it is a rejection when they did not add medical received line to the case
thanks for your help

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
hamdigalal said:
I really dont know if it is postive or negtive
my case changed to decision made and the office will contact you

but they did not add medical results received line to the e-case .that is how it shows
We received your application for permanent residence on May 1, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on June 1, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the london England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on June 9, 2009. The London England office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on September 12, 2011.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

I made my medical test on December 2011,and i emailed them asking about the status of my case their response was to submit the passports for my self and the whole family members That was last month march 15,2012
and now when I check my case statu it shows Decision made. but they dont add medical received line in the case .
I am so worried please give me an answer It is postive or something is wrong .what scare me is why they did not add this line to the case and a lot of people say it is a rejection when they did not add medical received line to the case
thanks for your help
Absolutely no need to worry.....just wait to see ur passports stamped wid maple leaf.....don't be afraid even 1 bit...good news comin ur way in few days :)

canonly1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
Please members in this forum. Don't write things in my thread that are not related to my inquiry. Qorax, I am waiting for your reply please.
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Apply for child care benefits here:

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/goc/cctb.shtml

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
Dear qorax, Pl clarify about ECU. CIC is putting ECU as prefix on some files. what does this means? If cic is sending the file to ecu for obvious reasons but why to prefix file no with ecu? It can keep the file no as it is and send it to esu for processing.Your knowledgabe comments please.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
hopefulever said:
Dear qorax, Pl clarify about ECU. CIC is putting ECU as prefix on some files. what does this means? If cic is sending the file to ecu for obvious reasons but why to prefix file no with ecu? It can keep the file no as it is and send it to esu for processing.Your knowledgabe comments please.
Replied to u elsewhere...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
canonly1 said:
Dear Qorax,
Once again getting back to you as you were the full relief to me. I am a mother who landed in Canada with her 3 children (an adult over 18 years, a 17 and 6 months old and an 11 years old). For some hard reasons with my husband (we are now separated) I had to return back my youngest son to his father (11 years old), I had no other choice. Now since 10 months I have been living with my 2 other children in Canada. Now, I want to apply for the child benefit for the son who was 17 and 6 moths old when he arrived to Canada. Can you help me a little of the things that I should do? what can I say about my other child, how do I tell them that he is not living with me but he is with his father outside Canada? Are there any specific documents that I need to provide? Please guide me.
Thank you
Scylla has provided u the link for CCTB, u could file ur claim likewise. Moreover, u could also visit the nearest Newcomer's Welcome Centre - they'd fill it up for u.

-U get CCTB for kids till they r under 18.
-The amount depends on the age of the kids & ur income. For a 17.5-yr old u'd hardly get anything.
-U'd get it retroactively, from the day u had residential ties here, irrespective of when u applied.
-If a kid isn't residing 'inside Canada' don't file for him/her - it'd be illegal.

Good luck.
Qorax