+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PWGP to study permit again.

mail86666

Apr 18, 2014
Hello everyone. I am currently on a PGWP (open work permit) which will expire on June 6, 2014. I want to go back to studies again for fall (September -December) 2014 semester. My passport will expire on September 27, 2015.my question are below:
1. if i apply study for a three program how much duration of visa will i get? if i get the duration until the expiration of my passport date, can i get back the reaming 1 and half year of work permit after i renew my passport in October 2014.do i need to apply for a new study permit or what?
2. as this would be my second time as a student will i get the off-campus work permit after six months of full studies? or they will give me at the same time as i get my new study permit as i have the SIN number already? will it be renew to new study permit date?
3. which rules will be applied if i apply for study permit before june 1 and would get it after June 1?
4. i want to apply for a program which is currently closed for September fall intake? can i apply now for the same program for January 2015 semester? Will cic give me new study permit for this?
5. After applying for new study permit (PGWP to Study Permit again) can i work while decision is made on my application?

5. after applying for new study permit(PGWP to Study Permit again) can i work while decision is made on my application?

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
The PGWP is a one shot deal. If you have had one alreay, you are not eligilbe for another one again. So once your PGWP expires, you will never be able to get another one.

SPs are not issued for courses less than six months in length. If your course is less than 6 months you can apply for a TRV and go to school on that. However, it does not give you the option to work in Canada

mail86666

Apr 18, 2014
txboyscout said:
The PGWP is a one shot deal. If you have had one alreay, you are not eligilbe for another one again. So once your PGWP expires, you will never be able to get another one.

SPs are not issued for courses less than six months in length. If your course is less than 6 months you can apply for a TRV and go to school on that. However, it does not give you the option to work in Canada
ok thanks for your reply. what about off-campus and co-op work permit. my program of study is of 2 and years. i have applied 2 year of program at university of regina.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
mail86666 said:
ok thanks for your reply. what about off-campus and co-op work permit. my program of study is of 2 and years. i have applied 2 year of program at university of regina.
How did you get the PGWP that you currently have?

If this is a new program that you would need to apply for a SP again