+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pursuing my master degree

nazia vora

Jun 2, 2010
hey all,

i m graduate in electrical engg...n wanna pursue my masters frm a canadian university in the same feild (electrical).my IELTS score is 6 band .now i when i searched around various uni.. n colleges in canada all i found was that in most these uni... websites was that emglish language proficiency is req for students who graduated fm uni.. where language of intruction is not english...so do i need n IELTS score to get admission as i had studied under the uni...where lan of instruction was ENGLISH n i m frm india.

plz giv rep.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nazia vora said:
hey all,

i m graduate in electrical engg...n wanna pursue my masters frm a canadian university in the same feild (electrical).my IELTS score is 6 band .now i when i searched around various uni.. n colleges in canada all i found was that in most these uni... websites was that emglish language proficiency is req for students who graduated fm uni.. where language of intruction is not english...so do i need n IELTS score to get admission as i had studied under the uni...where lan of instruction was ENGLISH n i m frm india.

plz giv rep.
Hi,

1. That rule is applicable in case you are from a specific english speaking country. In your case, you need IELTS.

2. For Master courses, it's usually 6.5 with no band less thn 6.0

rokdaworld

Sep 7, 2010
Yes you need IELTS to get admission in university in Canada. Normally if you are applying to good university then they require more than 6.5 score. But If you are applying for diploma then around 6 may be give you chance to get in diploma.

kadakumar48

Oct 21, 2011
Hi this is karthikeyan from India.I got admission for masters in internetworking in Dalhousie university with 3 weeks of ESL program for may 2012 intake My profile is ,i pursued my B.E (2010) with 69%(12 backlogs).I have worked as a desktop engineer for 6months and i also pursued my CCNA course(910/1000).I am pursuing my IBM AXI course and going to be certified soon.my IELTS score is 6.0 with no individual band less than 5.5.My query is whether is it possible to get my visa with this qualification especially with this ESL program. plz help me i am waiting for your reply.....thanks in advance......

am i have a possiblities of rejection of visa ......plz help me

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nazia vora said:
hi,

thx 2 both of u ..btw if 6 band is okay for diplom than do u mean post grad diploma...
Hi,

As far as I know the IELTS requirement for a PG Diploma is almost always a 6.5 band score. You better check school website for a specific requirement.