+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pune University - WES Credential Evaluation process step by step

atuljain1984

Jan 9, 2016
I just applied for certificate attestation online on Pune University website.

I saw the instructions as below. If you see the 2nd point, it seems they are asking about color photo copy with a stamp of 'Color Photo Copy'. Is it correct ?

Documents Required
1. Online Application Form .
2. i) The required photo copy/copies{ The Colour photo copy submitted for Attestation should bear a stamp of ‘Colour Photo Copy’ (Colour Xerox)} (The Original Document should be shown to the University Official at the time of submission of form for Verification purpose)
ii) Attach one extra copy of each document for office record (No Fees should be paid for this extra copy )
3. Academic Record Request form if required.
4.Attestation Fees Receipt .
Fees Details
1.For Indian Students :- Professional course :- Rs. 80/- For Each Copy & RS.80/- for each Envelop. For International Students :- Professional course :- $. 40/- For Each Copy & $.40/- for each Envelop. Professional courses under the faculties of Medicine, Homoeopathy, Ayurvedic Medicine, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Engineering, Management, Law, Education, Physical Education, & Applied Courses in Science such as Bio-informatics, Biotechnology, Health Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Electronics , BBA, BCA,BFT/BBMIB,MCA or such other courses designated by University as applied courses.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
atuljain1984 said:
I just applied for certificate attestation online on Pune University website.

I saw the instructions as below. If you see the 2nd point, it seems they are asking about color photo copy with a stamp of 'Color Photo Copy'. Is it correct ?

Documents Required
1. Online Application Form .
2. i) The required photo copy/copies{ The Colour photo copy submitted for Attestation should bear a stamp of ‘Colour Photo Copy’ (Colour Xerox)} (The Original Document should be shown to the University Official at the time of submission of form for Verification purpose)
ii) Attach one extra copy of each document for office record (No Fees should be paid for this extra copy )
3. Academic Record Request form if required.
4.Attestation Fees Receipt .
Fees Details
1.For Indian Students :- Professional course :- Rs. 80/- For Each Copy & RS.80/- for each Envelop. For International Students :- Professional course :- $. 40/- For Each Copy & $.40/- for each Envelop. Professional courses under the faculties of Medicine, Homoeopathy, Ayurvedic Medicine, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Engineering, Management, Law, Education, Physical Education, & Applied Courses in Science such as Bio-informatics, Biotechnology, Health Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Electronics , BBA, BCA,BFT/BBMIB,MCA or such other courses designated by University as applied courses.
I don't know if they change the requirements, but I had done WES in Aug 2015 and that time I had submitted normal copies.
It very easy process if you follow steps. Read my first post in this topic.

atuljain1984

Jan 9, 2016
Hi Nick,

I have got it attested today from Pune University. However, instead of sealing it, they applied some kind of gum and pasted the flap and then stamped it on the flap. Is that enough or WES specifically needs a seal ?

I requested the person at SFC, Pune to seal it but the old aged guy spoke very rudely and told me that this is the only thing they would do and then he stopped listening to me.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
atuljain1984 said:
Hi Nick,

I have got it attested today from Pune University. However, instead of sealing it, they applied some kind of gum and pasted the flat and then stamped it on the flap. Is that enough or WES specifically needs a seal.

I asked Pune University guys to seal it and that old aged guy spoke very rudely and told me that this is the only thing they would do and then he stopped listening to me.
Yes, that is how they do :mad: , stamped on the flap its sufficient. Now don't open that envelope and you are good to go.

and yup, this types* of people are always rude..

atuljain1984

Jan 9, 2016
Thanks for the quick reply Nick. Appreciated.

Any idea, how much time WES would take to give me an ECA ?

Regards,
Atul Jain

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
atuljain1984 said:
Thanks for the quick reply Nick. Appreciated.

Any idea, how much time WES would take to give me an ECA ?

Regards,
Atul Jain
http://www.wes.org/ca/eca/updates/
Due to extremely high volume, credential assessments are now estimated to take 20 business days from the time of receipt and acceptance of all required documents and payment.

If I am at you place, I will email those guy between 18-20th day and asking about the case: http://www.wes.org/ca/support/

caveman

Feb 20, 2011
This should help ...
I visited Pune University for my transcripts and here are my thoughts about it ...
Was shocked to know that the normal resolution time to recieve the transcripts was 60 days ...
Visited the university to after 15 days of them recieving my documents.....
Was told that I can come and collect them in 7 days ..
So if anyone who wants their documents before the 60 days period ( it's the maximum time btw ) I would suggest should visit the university in person to expidite the process ...

For certificate attestation its not mandatory to have color xerox normal xerox works ...
I would suggest one thing if anyone of you are planning to make the payment at the university go for hdfc bank challan instead of bank of maharashtra .. The reason being there is a counter no 7 at sfc itself to accept payments for hdfc bank challan

Reactions: dhamma12

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
caveman said:
This should help ...
I visited Pune University for my transcripts and here are my thoughts about it ...
Was shocked to know that the normal resolution time to recieve the transcripts was 60 days ...
Visited the university to after 15 days of them recieving my documents.....
Was told that I can come and collect them in 7 days ..
So if anyone who wants their documents before the 60 days period ( it's the maximum time btw ) I would suggest should visit the university in person to expidite the process ...

For certificate attestation its not mandatory to have color xerox normal xerox works ...
I would suggest one thing if anyone of you are planning to make the payment at the university go for hdfc bank challan instead of bank of maharashtra .. The reason being there is a counter no 7 at sfc itself to accept payments for hdfc bank challan
Thanks for adding info, really helpful!
Just to add here, that 60 days process is for, who loss there original transcript and looking for another copy of original.
7 days process is the correct one, to get attested on xerox copies (required to WES).

shardu3

May 7, 2016
Hello,

All the information here on how to get documents attested by Pune university is very helpful. I had some questions thought. It will be very helpful if someone can respond and guide

1) I stay in Gurgaon, so is it necessary to make the payment via the HDFC/Bank of Maharashtra challan in Pune only? Can i not make the payment in Gurgaon and send the stamped challan to my friend in Pune?

2) The amount to be paid is as per the challan and there is an extra cost of Rs 80 per page of attestation and Rs 80 per envelope? If it is extra then the person going there will have to pay this additionally?

3) Can anyone tell me exact location of Student Facilitation Center in the Univ campus as my friend recently shifted to Pune and does not know a lot about the area

4) As per what I read on WES website, it is fine if only the degree certificate and marksheets are sent for evaluation. I do not have the transcript. So is it fine if transcript is not sent to WES?

I am new to this forum and do not know if i have posted my question in the right place. Apologies if it is in a wrong section

melmathews

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
23-04-2017
Passport Req..
21-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2018
shardu3 said:
Hello,

All the information here on how to get documents attested by Pune university is very helpful. I had some questions thought. It will be very helpful if someone can respond and guide

1) I stay in Gurgaon, so is it necessary to make the payment via the HDFC/Bank of Maharashtra challan in Pune only? Can i not make the payment in Gurgaon and send the stamped challan to my friend in Pune?

I took a printout of the challan and paid it at a B.O.M branch in Mumbai. Luckily, HDFC has an extension counter (which I wasn't aware of earlier) located inside the SFC. So your friend can visit the SFC during banking hours and make the payment then and there..just remember to carry the printout of HDFC challan

2) The amount to be paid is as per the challan and there is an extra cost of Rs 80 per page of attestation and Rs 80 per envelope? If it is extra then the person going there will have to pay this additionally?

It is 80 Rs for attestation per document. i.e. I attested my degree cert and my transcripts and requested 1 stamped envelope for each. Paid 80/- per document and 80/- per envelope

3) Can anyone tell me exact location of Student Facilitation Center in the Univ campus as my friend recently shifted to Pune and does not know a lot about the area

It's right at the Main entrance of Pune University (Right below the flyover on the main road)

4) As per what I read on WES website, it is fine if only the degree certificate and marksheets are sent for evaluation. I do not have the transcript. So is it fine if transcript is not sent to WES?

Not sure about that. Pls check some other forums on the topic for quick answer. In my case, I sent Attested copies of Transcript and Degree Certificate one in each sealed envelope.

I am new to this forum and do not know if i have posted my question in the right place. Apologies if it is in a wrong section
Hi Shardu3, I gathered documentation from Pune university a couple of months back..Answers in blue above based on my experience..

+1 if it was helpful

Reactions: dhamma12

melmathews

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
23-04-2017
Passport Req..
21-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2018
Shardu3, also pls note that in case you are going to apply for trancripts afresh, it may set you back by a good month atleast ( it took a month from application to receive the transcripts at my place in Mumbai).. Also, they did not stamp the transcripts envelope (as mandatorily required by WES) so I had to return back to university and ask them to re-seal the envelope with the stamp...

Pls confirm with some experience users if you can do without transcripts

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
shardu3 said:

Check this link and section: University education point #2: http://www.wes.org/required/index.asp
You can have transcript in option only if you have all marksheets attested and sealed, or vise versa, from UNIVERSITY ONLY!

anupk

Jun 14, 2016
Hi,

I have done Masters (MBA) from a college affiliated to Pune University. I am not clear on whether I should be applying for transcripts from my college or the university. I spoke to my college staff, they said I have to go to university for transcript. However, I have friends who have done under graduate degree from pune university affiliated colleges and got their transcripts from their respective colleges.

Does the university issue transcripts to only correspondence course students or its open to all students graduated from affiliated colleges as well? Which is preferred, taking transcript from college or university?

melmathews

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
Med's Done....
23-04-2017
Passport Req..
21-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2018
anupk said:
Hi,

I have done Masters (MBA) from a college affiliated to Pune University. I am not clear on whether I should be applying for transcripts from my college or the university. I spoke to my college staff, they said I have to go to university for transcript. However, I have friends who have done under graduate degree from pune university affiliated colleges and got their transcripts from their respective colleges.

Does the university issue transcripts to only correspondence course students or its open to all students graduated from affiliated colleges as well? Which is preferred, taking transcript from college or university?
Hi Anupk, the final transcripts can be obtained fro University itself. I completed my B.E. full time from a college affiliated to Pune University, and directly applied and obtained my transcripts from Pune University (didn't approach college for this).

It's a simple porcess to apply for the same. You need to create an account on Pune University website using this link: http://bcud.unipune.ac.in/Certificate/GeneralPages/Default.aspx

The Pune website above will list all documents required, the forms to be filled etc.

Based on my research, Transcript from University is preferred (WES may not accept from college unless it is autonomous)

To check list of documents required by WES, use this link: http://www.wes.org/required/index.asp and select country as India.