+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Urgent

sansan

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi, my daughter loses her PR card while overseas, can she uses her "soft copy" (Photo of her PR card in her phone) for her airport check-in. By the way, how long will it take to process PR Travel Document, as her flight departure is on the 04th Aug 2024. Thanks.

sansan

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi, reference to the above post, is there any way of expediting the PR Travel Document, or any other document so that she can depart on the 04th Aug 2024. She had contacted the Canadian Embassy in Beijing, and was referred to the Visa Centre for the application of the PR Travel Document. Read and saw that it will takes at 2 weeks or more for the PR TD to be issued, if approved. Thanks for your help, if any. Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, my daughter loses her PR card while overseas, can she uses her "soft copy" (Photo of her PR card in her phone) for her airport check-in. By the way, how long will it take to process PR Travel Document, as her flight departure is on the 04th Aug 2024. Thanks.
You need the actual card.

sansan

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
You need the actual card.
Thanks, any idea of how to expedite the PR Travel Document, as her flight out of China (to Canada) is on the 04th Aug 2024. She had applied for the PR Travel Document, and not sure it will be expedited. Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks, any idea of how to expedite the PR Travel Document, as her flight out of China (to Canada) is on the 04th Aug 2024. She had applied for the PR Travel Document, and not sure it will be expedited. Thanks.
You can certainly ask but there is no formal way to expedite it.

sansan

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi, does anyone able to receive the PR travel documents within one week. If there is, could advise on the procedure, and how long will it take to get the PR Travel document if approved. Do we need to submit the passport and wait for how long (few hours or a few days) for the visa centre staff to process it. Thanks and appreciate if anyone has the same situation. By the way, still no news from IRCC - just recorded as "submitted" and believed no one had yet processed her application. Thanks.

sansan

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi, my daughter had received a letter from IRCC with regards to the PRTD, and need to hand ove the passport to a VAC, outside Canada. Does any one knows the time for processing this, after handing over the passport to the VAC. Thanks for your feedback.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, my daughter had received a letter from IRCC with regards to the PRTD, and need to hand ove the passport to a VAC, outside Canada. Does any one knows the time for processing this, after handing over the passport to the VAC. Thanks for your feedback.
Varies by location.

sansan

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Thanks, what is the average time for the processing. She will need to go back to Singapore VAC, as her China visa is going to expire. Thanks for any feedback.

sansan

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Hi All, Just to close this case, my daughter had obtained the PR Travel documents on the 10th Aug 2024. Thanks for all the help.