+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Urgency HELP!!

kabillis

Aug 7, 2024
I am a citizen of Australia (hold valid passport) and permantly moved back to Aus
I am also a PR of Canada, due to my husband being a canadian , has citizenship and canada passport

we booked travel to canada for a 10 day trip oct 1-10th. we assumed i would be able to enter with my aus passport.
not the case, PR card is expired.
we have applied for PRTD, what is everyones experience. how long did it take to receive?
can i enter canada with an expired PR card, will they let me in?

also when we submitted on line, we never received a confirmation email or anything. any feedback would be great. thanks!!

kabillis

Aug 7, 2024
ive just realised we only sent a copy of photo page on the passsport NOT every single page. we are frantically scannning all the pages now, anyone else do this?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am a citizen of Australia (hold valid passport) and permantly moved back to Aus
I am also a PR of Canada, due to my husband being a canadian , has citizenship and canada passport

we booked travel to canada for a 10 day trip oct 1-10th. we assumed i would be able to enter with my aus passport.
not the case, PR card is expired.
we have applied for PRTD, what is everyones experience. how long did it take to receive?
can i enter canada with an expired PR card, will they let me in?

also when we submitted on line, we never received a confirmation email or anything. any feedback would be great. thanks!!
I would recommend posting your question to the Permanent Residency Obligation section of the forum. You will likely get more / better answers there on PRTD processing times.

Yes, you need either a valid PR card or valid PRTD to fly to Canada. You will be allowed to fly to Canada and enter assuming the PRTD is approved.