+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Application Returned - Reason "wrong application"

karnamehta

Aug 26, 2023
I applied for my PRTD online on 6th Sept 2023 and till I have not received any reply.The View is greyed.The return reason is showing "Wrong applicationIncomplete application ".
I tried to connect my application with GCkey but cannot.what to do now?
I'd suggest u to apply for GCMS notes...I had applied for PRTD in August 2023 and I recently received the passport request. PR portal still shows the status as submitted.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

You will have to do it under Access to Information Act. They charge $5 for it.

ism2024

May 14, 2024
HI

This is our experience with PRTD from Amman, Jordan

Our case, husband and kids are canadian citizens, wife is PR with expired PR card since 2019.

We applied since she is a PR accompanying canadian citizens outside Canada

Applied online for PRTD, paid 50 Cad online
Emailed the embassy in Ramallah couple of times and they keep asking for the application number ( for some reason the website did not give it or I missed it)

Called IRCC and obtained the application number, emailed the embassy again
Next day, Apr. 4th, 2014. they ask for mode documents. The officer said he is not convinced that we arevcohabiting in the same address in Palestine. We freaked out, then started collecting evidences just like what we did in the sponsorship. Photos, WhatsApp records, official letters from Ministry of Interior, Municipality, employer, family photos etc. And photocopies of all passports we used in the last 5 years.

We asked if they accept documents by email, they said yes. We emailed like 12 emails with tons of megabytes! No problems

Apparently, it turned out that we only submitted a copy of the first page of the passports in the original application. What they needed are copies of every page of every passport we all used in the last 5 yrs. Lesson learned, follow the instructions!

More weeks of waiting, more emails .. nothing

On May 7th I wrote a professional email asking politely to speed up the process and that we already booked our tickets. I also mentioned that we are beyond the 8 weeks processing time limit. Next day, they emailed with approval asking to send the passport

We submitted the passport to VFS global in Amman on May 9th. The passport was ready to collect from the same office by the 14th

All in all, they were good and responsive, especially if the canadian citizen is the one who is communicating.

BTW, the portal is useless as of 2024. We received the passport and the portal is still saying submitted!!

Good luck to all of you

Reactions: armoured and YVR123