+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRRA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This case seems to have exhausted all asylum claim related options and is awaiting PPRA without a valid WP. Very specific situation.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi everyone, I have been waiting since March 2022(prra submitted), still no response from CBSA, or anyone, and when I ask my lawyer he only says i can't do anything for escalations,
well during this time my mental health including physical health issues arose, and terminated from the job last year in August 2023, and was on EI till my work permit expiry in December, now I don't have any income as my work permit expired (applied three months before the expiry date, during application asked for fingerprints and there fee which I did and reposed after 7 months was refused due to work permit fees, which is first time asked and they can ask during application as for fingerprints and things to b don yah? but no i had to reapply with fees in March and still waithing,

1, my question is that when my EI was stopped and i was using my savings, now i need social assistance(income support)as no other choice, but I heard that if I took social assistance(income support) it will affect my case and a negative decision. is there any rules mentioned or how far its right?

2, what should I do? no choice as sick and isolated in the basement for around 8 months with no work permit, no brown ID, no income support, and back home family problems, and these delays from immigration for my PRRA I'm broken, is this take this long? (march2022 till now prra submission)
Have you followed up about your PPRA application? That is a long time to wait for PPRA. What country are you from?