+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protectorate of Emigrants - Pakistan (PGWP)

dawsontahir

Dec 13, 2020
Thank you for your reply @ayaz94 . I was able to get the protector with all the documents you mentioned in this post.

One last question if I may, as someone on a PGWP, did you need any other (new) document to travel back apart from the visa, permit and this protector? Just trying to make sure there isn't anything else I'm missing, as a student I only needed the visa and permit to travel.

Thanks a lot!

ayaz94

Jan 1, 2013
Thank you for your reply @ayaz94 . I was able to get the protector with all the documents you mentioned in this post.

One last question if I may, as someone on a PGWP, did you need any other (new) document to travel back apart from the visa, permit and this protector? Just trying to make sure there isn't anything else I'm missing, as a student I only needed the visa and permit to travel.

Thanks a lot!
Nope. Nothing else that I can recall.

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019

Thanks a lot!
Hello, I am in a similar situation. I didn't know that I need that stamp and I was denied to board by FIA :(. I don't have NiCOP. I am on work permit. Could please please guide me? Documents, etc... I will really appreciate please.

snasir.danial

Jul 11, 2022
Hello and AsSalam-o-Alaikum,

Though it's quite late that I am adding my experience but I think it's going to worth it especially for those who have no job in Canada and have PGWP. After getting my PGWP I went back to Karachi to visit my family and then after some time I booked a flight to Canada. When I arrived at Jinnah Intl. Airport it was then when I got this news about Protector. The agent who was giving boarding pass after knowing that I did not have protector he offload me and he was saying the same thing that protector is a must for foreign workers and I was continuously arguing protector is for those who have jobs. But he didn't agree then I went to the director FIA who has an office very close to the lanes. I told him the entire story and he checked my passport, visas, and my work permit (PGWP) and he said you don't need protectorate because it is for those who obtain their work permits outside Canada. He said, because you have got your permit from within Canada after study then there is no need for protectorate. Then he sent a man with me to the officer who offload me and then I got boarding pass.