+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected Person Permanent Residence Interview questions

Bashfad

Apr 11, 2018
Hello,
My refugee claim was recently approved and I already applied for PR application as a conventional refugee . My questions are:
1. How long will the PR application takes before approval?
2. Do I have to attend interview before I can get permanent residence status or PR card will just be mail to me after application is approved?
3. Also what questions should I expect at the interview as conventional refugee?
4. can I travel to USA as a conventional refugee with travel document while awaiting for PR?
5. How long after PR approval can one be Canadian Citizen?

Thank you so much

Ameeroov

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Mississauga
Hello,
My refugee claim was recently approved and I already applied for PR application as a conventional refugee . My questions are:
1. How long will the PR application takes before approval?
2. Do I have to attend interview before I can get permanent residence status or PR card will just be mail to me after application is approved?
3. Also what questions should I expect at the interview as conventional refugee?
4. can I travel to USA as a conventional refugee with travel document while awaiting for PR?
5. How long after PR approval can one be Canadian Citizen?

Thank you so much
1- 16-20 months
2- yes but it’s quite easy and fast general questions
3- again questions about you criminal history and so nothing deep
4- yes you need a valid visa and a valid travel document
5-it depends you need to count 3 years assume that the day you got the decision until you get Pr the day is counted half day after Pr day is counted full day toward citizenship
Best of luck

Reactions: Hi123fmfncjr

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other

Bashfad

Apr 11, 2018
1- 16-20 months
2- yes but it’s quite easy and fast general questions
3- again questions about you criminal history and so nothing deep
4- yes you need a valid visa and a valid travel document
5-it depends you need to count 3 years assume that the day you got the decision until you get Pr the day is counted half day after Pr day is counted full day toward citizenship
Best of luck[/QUO
Thank you so much for your quick reply.

Bashfad

Apr 11, 2018
Hello,Please I need assistance on how to collect seized documents (USA Passport) from CBSA. When I claimed refugee our documents were seized and they told us " documents will be returned after interview with member". However, we were granted protection and we didn't get the document. In addition, my five year old child was denied because of her USA citizenship and does not need protection from my home country.
My question is what is my daughter status in Canada and even if she appeals, it will be denied again, we added her on our PR application though. Furthermore, how can we get her USA passport back as it is valid, so that she can cross the border to the USA and come back as tourist to Canada. Please she a link, steps, address how to retrieve her USA passport back that was seized in Toronto, ON.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,Please I need assistance on how to collect seized documents (USA Passport) from CBSA. When I claimed refugee our documents were seized and they told us " documents will be returned after interview with member". However, we were granted protection and we didn't get the document. In addition, my five year old child was denied because of her USA citizenship and does not need protection from my home country.
My question is what is my daughter status in Canada and even if she appeals, it will be denied again, we added her on our PR application though. Furthermore, how can we get her USA passport back as it is valid, so that she can cross the border to the USA and come back as tourist to Canada. Please she a link, steps, address how to retrieve her USA passport back that was seized in Toronto, ON.
Not sure who your lawyer is but it is strange that she was included in your asylum claim. You have to contact CBSA to get her passport. There are some posts with more information but you’ll have to search the forum. At this point she is clearly out of status so you’ll have to find someone with a US visa so she can enter the US and come back to Canada. You will then have to extend her status every 6 months until your receive PR. You can try to ask the CBSA agent for a longer stay instead of 6 months but it will be up to them to decide if she is granted the longer stay. You shouldn’t have any problems extended the visa status. She will not be entitled to healthcare in most provinces so you’ll have to buy emergency health insurance and pay for regular treatment.