+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

ismailel

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Agadir, Morocco
Hello,

I have applied for Sept 19 intake, for a software development program in Vancouver Island.

I had a gap of 1 year where I've been working as a freelancer at home, will this cause any issues getting my visa approved? I can prove that work with some client references.

Also how much do I have to show in my bank account? I'll be paying the tuition for 1 year once I get an offer letter, so will $10-12k be enough?

Thanks a lot.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I have applied to MCS in uni of Ottawa for fall 2019 intake and my status didnt change since last one month... any one here also applied in same university and what is your status and when you applied? Kindly share :)
You have to be patient, it sometimes do take longer time especially in Masters category

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I am a graduate from a Nigerian university (university of Abuja), I graduated last year and I intend to further my studies in Canada to study a degree course in Economics in U of Manitoba, please what are the necessary things I need to know before proceeding. Thanks
If you've not apply to a DLI yet, get in place your undergraduate transcript, certificate of completion, WAEC result etc. For the complete list, visit the intended DLI website or send an email to get the comprehensive list as it varies from respective DLI to another

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hi,

I’m a lawyer in Nigeria. I graduated with 4.35/5 CGPA. I applied for my masters to U of Saskatchewan, University of Windsor and Queens University for September 2019 session. I just want to inquire about scholarships. How is it done? Am I to apply or it’s the school that grants? When am I suppose to apply? What is the likelihood of being granted?
Thanks
You have a good CGPA that could qualify you if no other applicants(falls within the selected numbers of applicants) has a CGPA more impressive than yours, then you might be selected for the scholarship. In a second note, you can write to the international office about a possible scholarship program or browse through their website for further info

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I have applied to MCS in uni of Ottawa for fall 2019 intake and my status didnt change since last one month... any one here also applied in same university and what is your status and when you applied? Kindly share :)
You should be calm, getting a final decision varies from department to other.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Dear friends,

I have completed my Bachelors in 2015 in Business Administration. I just consulted with IDP consultant for the first time to see if there is some extra help of information he can provide. What he scared me of was that having my bachelors degree and then applying for a Post Degree Diploma/Graduate Certificate will be a risky option and it is better to apply for Masters. Does anyone of seniors here find logic in this and please guide? Because a Post Degree Diploma is a program that one can enroll in after Bachelors. So there is no mismatch.
There is a logical sense in what you is been advised given to convijcebthe VO that there is a logical progression in the selected program BUT going for a PGD/C after a Bachelor is also feasible in getting an approval if "only" you can intuitively convince the VO that there is a logical progression in such move, hence by writing a good constructive SOP

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
I got a request for passport and I sent it to the ircc office few days ago ,will be getting it back by the end of the week . As my university classes already started I decided to postpone my studies to next term and will be deferring it . But the problem is about the medicals. I have taken them way before in March 2018. Will I have to take the exam again .? Even if I took the exam again how to submit/update them to my account (since I already got my visa)?
You should want to know that your medical result last for 1 year. Besides, if you've gotten an approval decision, you don't need to do another medicals again whether you defer or not but on the exception of applying for a PR

You could confirm with your school if actually you could still join as most schools gives 2weeks for international students to resume after the main school's resumption. Send them an email with your stamped passport

Last edited:

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Do I really need to get my credentials evaluated by World Education Services (WES)
No you don't but there are future benefits for WES evaluation like when applying for a PR or reaplying after an unfavorable decision as there would be no need running helter-skelter for official transcript and the likes as the WES evaluation would be accepted undisputedly only if you have time for it to be done

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello, I applied to the memorial university of Newfoundland on 3rd January but I haven't got any confirmation yet does it usually take this long? Anyone else who applied to mun please help.
Its so funny reading your post, sorry to say. You can't expect a Masters application decision to be reached within 13days prior to the applied date. Just relax and seize the opportunity to put your rest documents in place.

It will interest you to know that admission decision varies from department to other

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello all,

I am from India,
Have applied for Healthcare administration (Int) programme ( PG diploma) in St lawrence college, kingston for may 2019 intake on Nov 15, 2018.
No update till now except, a week ago one of the country representatives of the college called me up to confirm my contact details, thats it! Im worried as its more than 5 weeks and still no flag for any LOA!

My profile is as stated:
10th- 85.5%
12th-47.5%
Passed out , Bachelors of physiotherapy with 71.2% in 2017
Ielts- Overall7.5, W 6.5, L 7.5, R 8, S 8.5
Work experience 6 months
Just keep your fingers crossed and be optimistic. Why will they call you to verify your details if they won't give you an admission, think! Draw hope from there

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hi guys please guide me
I have applied in professional accounting graduate certificate programme in humber college and also in Langara college for PGDM in accounts September intake but haven't got any update for offer letter ,Can anyone guide me if I should wait or shall I apply in some more colleges ?
IELTS score -7 (no section less than 6)
Bcom-76%
Class 10th-9.8 CGPA
Class12th-93.2%
You should wait, you've a good academic profile but if your an extra budgeted funds, then you can apply to one more. But I believed you would get it with this profile of yours

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Applied for Sept 2019 to Lambton, George Brown,stClairr and lawrence for pgd/pgc Autism nand behavioural science
Have a bachelor degree in Education.
Havnt received any offer yet.
please has anyone received an offer for sept intake?
thank you.
Just be calm, you will get a decision as you stand a chance given you have 5 options