+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Work experience

sumit446

Oct 4, 2015
I have a question for the proof of Work Experience for Express entry Programme.

In India, employers only provide a relieving letter covering the name, date of joining and date of leaving of the organization. Even on request, they are not providing the required details.

Please can you suggest any alternative way to meet the documentation requirements.

Can an affidavit (on a stamp paper duly notarized by the Govt official) by the Supervisor explaining the Salary & Job responsibilities at each position within the tenure of the company and the working hours be accepted as a valid proof?

Appreciate your response.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Valid workaround. Support this with all possible documentation to prove the details in that affidavit. Include job offer letter, experience letter, pay stubs, tax assessment forms etc to further prove the legitimacy of your work experience.

All the best!

sumit446

Oct 4, 2015
Thanks a lot for the clarification.

However, I note that as per the rule mentioned under page 4 of checklist of the documents required, that self declared main duties or affidavits are not accepted .

is this rule only for self employment (are affidavits for jobs accepted) ?

Is this rule only for self declared affidavits (are the manager affidavits accepted?)

Please advise.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As a rule, self-declarations are not acceptable as reference letters for any kind of employment. Reference letter affidavit declared by ex-colleague/manager is valid.

sumit446

Oct 4, 2015
Thanks a lot Asivad.

One question on Proof of Funds. Is it required as an average of 6 months or just the present balance at the time of taking the bank statement?

Thanks in advance.

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Dear friends

With reference to proof of experience letter, My supervisor will provide me signed letter on company's letter head, wherein my designation, date of joining, salary, working hours as well as job duties will be mentioned.

Do I need to get this letter notarized?

Please Guide

Regards

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rollingpunjab said:
Dear friends

With reference to proof of experience letter, My supervisor will provide me signed letter on company's letter head, wherein my designation, date of joining, salary, working hours as well as job duties will be mentioned.

Do I need to get this letter notarized?

Please Guide

Regards
Notarizing not required if they are providing this letter in their official capacity.

sumit446

Oct 4, 2015
Thanks Asivad for the confirmation.

By any chance, do you have the format of the affidavit from previous company's supervisor

ADteam

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Asivad

I have my contract and experience letter from my current employer. My experience letter mentions my designation, hours of work, salary and roles and responsibilities. Do I need anything else for proof of work experience?