+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Work Experience required?

altair1995

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Hi,
I have around 2 years of work experience. Now I have got acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) for a Master's program.
I am applying for a study permit online. Do I have to show proof of work experience? Or it's not required in case of study permit.

I don't see it being mentioned in the online checklist which I got after filling the questionnaire on CIC website.

ashnamehta_023

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
do provide all the details about the work, it will strengthen your case as you have already taken the experience and earning a decent amount and would be indicating that with this study opportunity you would have better prospects when you come back to home country.

I gave my reference letter + 6 salary slips + salary stack letter(with figures as to how much i earn) + ITR

Reactions: altair1995

altair1995

Star Member
May 10, 2019
do provide all the details about the work, it will strengthen your case as you have already taken the experience and earning a decent amount and would be indicating that with this study opportunity you would have better prospects when you come back to home country.

I gave my reference letter + 6 salary slips + salary stack letter(with figures as to how much i earn) + ITR
Thank you ashnamehta_023. I am applying online, where should I upload all these details?
Also, I switched jobs abount an year ago, so I need to give proof for both?

princerulez

Apr 30, 2019
U should upload only documents what is mention on ur cic account.. the visa officer will mail u if any other documents required..

ashnamehta_023

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
i mentioned everything in SOP and how my work is linked to future studies.
My agent did all the work, i just gave her all the docs.