+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Proof" of relationship

muxlow

Jan 14, 2011
Hello and thankyou for taking your time to read my post. -inhales before long story-

Soon to be husband would like to sponsor me to Canada. I am from the united states. When our papers are being processed (we will be married by then, naturally) are the processors (??) bias of age? If they see young couple, does that put us less likely to be accepted? Also, I am a bit new at what proof is needed to support my relationship. They ask for pictures, phone bills, list of relatives met... How extreme would they appreciate? Am I to print off the 1000+ emails, 2000+ pages of chat conversation and endless phone records (I hope the 2000 is not required. That sounds ridiculous)? When asked in the papers what relatives were met, is there an advantage to him meeting 60+ family members (grams had 13 kids = tons of cousins)? If we have only spent a few visits together because of cost, but the durations were a month at least, is that good or is more required?

I apologize for the many questions and assume that there are few advantages or "do this and do this" but I was hoping for an opinion from you the reader. Thank you much and please take Ito consideration I am much in the development and research stage of this option.

Best wishes.

parceromiguel

Star Member
Dec 27, 2010
Unites States
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-May-2011
AOR Received.
23-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
28-Jan-2011
Passport Req..
December-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
22-Feb-2014
Hi there.

My wife and I are in the same situation. We are both from Colombia but she has been living in Canada since she was 11 and she is now a Canadian citizen. I used to live in Canada (this is where i met my wife) but I have been living in the states since i was 16. I am 20 now and she is 19.

Just like you mentioned, I have all my Sprint Cellphone records way back from 2008 almost. It's literally about 1000 pages long. Like you mentioned as well, we can only see each-other during school breaks (every summer and winter). We recently got married on January 2nd 2011. We have videos and pictures of all kinds. Family birthday parties, Night-outs, Wedding, Dinners with the family, etc.

She has meet the little family i have in the USA, which is about 15 family members.

Her close family lives in Canada (Mother, Father, Brother). They all 4 came down to Niagara falls for the ceremony.

Well here is pretty much our story in a short paragraph. What is your story like??

Maybe we can all share info and answer questions we all have.

I really hope that by sending all the proves we have, they consider our relationship Genuine. Even though we are still both young, We love each-other very much. We have been together since June 22 2006. It is 2011 now, it will be 5 years on June 22 2005.

parceromiguel

Star Member
Dec 27, 2010
Unites States
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-May-2011
AOR Received.
23-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
28-Jan-2011
Passport Req..
December-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
22-Feb-2014
Check This Link.
It may Help

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t61283.0.html

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
It is not necessary to send 1000s of pages of email and chat logs with your application. What you want to do is filter them down to the ones which really show your mutual commitment, love, and your future plans (meaning anything from wedding details, to trips to see each other and meet family/friends, to how many children you hope to one day have etc). Remember that they are looking for evidence of a marriage like relationship and that you are interconnected socially, emotionally, financially, and physically.

Described further in the OP 2 manual (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf) ...
...the following characteristics should be present to some degree in all conjugal relationships, married and unmarried:
• mutual commitment to a shared life;
• exclusive – cannot be in more than one conjugal relationship at a time;
• intimate – commitment to sexual exclusivity;
• interdependent – physically, emotionally, financially, socially;
• permanent – long-term, genuine and continuing relationship;
• present themselves as a couple;
• regarded by others as a couple;
• caring for children (if there are children).

Additionally section 5.26b of the manual lists a variety of types of evidence which could be used to prove that interconnectedness. I suggest you look there for more ideas. It will definitely help you build your application.

Regards, Allison

muxlow

Jan 14, 2011
I wish you a long and happy marriage. Congratulations! The news is very joyous. I wish you best of luck in your situation. I know if we can get in, you most certainly can-- my boyfriend and I have not dated for five years like you two.

Thank you much for the links. You are all so helpful and supportive. I knew sending several books full of conversation was ridiculous, but as my exaggerated point. You make good bullets and I will look into the websites as soon as I can. Thank you for clarifying everything.

My boyfriend and I spent a night collaborating everything. We have pictures of big events (Christmas with family, etcetera) and are hoping our condensed pages are good enough. I believe I should add some more clippings from conversations, but I am imagining phone bill really gets things across? As well as handwritten letters, budgeting plans, etcetera.

Thank you again.

Bangkokcanuck

May 2, 2010
Bangkapi, Thailand
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-12-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2011
LANDED..........
03-11-2011
I sometimes wonder if the Immigration people look at all the carefully laid out and recorded history of people as being too ready made?

By that I simply mean my wife and I have been together for five years and have two boys, who the heck has time to document everything that happens in your life with two young kids in the house on the off chance that you "might" want to immigrate to Canada at some point?

I think the stress of doing this application for the last five months is wearing on me, but seriously what a pile of nonsense. Yes we got married waited a year had a kid, waited another 18 months had another kid all so my wife could apply for a PR to Canada... it's almost insulting....

This is the only process I know of on the planet where EVERYBODY is considered guilty until THEY can prove they are not....

Good luck to one and all...

parceromiguel

Star Member
Dec 27, 2010
Unites States
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-May-2011
AOR Received.
23-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
28-Jan-2011
Passport Req..
December-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
22-Feb-2014
Thank you very much.

I hope we all get accepted even though not all of us have been dating for a certain amount of time.

Who is to judge how fast you may fall in-love with your partner.

It could take you 5 years to realize she/he is the one, or it may just take you 6 months.

I highly hope we all do everything right the first time so there is no need for second try or even an interview.

It looks like we are going to send our application on March 2011.
I'm actually going to Atlanta, Georgia on Friday for my medical exams.
My FBI background check has not came in yet. This is why we must wait until then.

Best luck to you all.

piker751

Aug 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2010
Passport Req..
18-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2011
My wife and I just got approved through Buffalo. Because of the nature of our work scedules, we were unable to chat online at all. But we did chat on the phone everyday. So, we got approved without an single chat log, with only phone bills to show our communication.

parceromiguel

Star Member
Dec 27, 2010
Unites States
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-May-2011
AOR Received.
23-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
28-Jan-2011
Passport Req..
December-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
22-Feb-2014
Did you just send your phone records?
Anything else, besides pictures?

Can you please give me a list items you attached to your application.

Thank you very much.

spacey

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
Doc's Request.
19-01-2010
File Transfer...
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
25-08-2010
Passport Req..
27-01-2011
LANDED..........
24-02-2011
We had almost not chat logs because we always taked over the webcam and what we did have was lost when my computer crashed- how did i know to back up 8 years worth of talking back and forth. We sent phone records and pictures along with other bills and joint banking and a few letters from family and friends saying they new we were a couple and how good we were together and how hard it was that we were waiting to start our family because of the distance apart blah blah blah stuff like that. I have a friend who submitted about 10 pictures, her marriage certificate, and a few bills and she has gone through faster than anyone i have heard of. I think the point is send what shows that you are a commited couple.