+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of relationship - Passport

AviusAnima

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Hi, I have an aunt who is now a canadian citizen however, in order to show a link between her and my dad (same parents) can I use her cancelled Indian passport to show the link ?

Rayyy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
YES.... anything to prove the relationship. I added a letter at the end of the file explaining the situation.

To be on the safe side, wouldn't be a bad idea to include your parents marriage certificate and your moms and aunts birth certificate. It may be a bit costly for the translations, but it surely eliminates the doubt.

AviusAnima

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
YES.... anything to prove the relationship. I added a letter at the end of the file explaining the situation.

To be on the safe side, wouldn't be a bad idea to include your parents marriage certificate and your moms and aunts birth certificate. It may be a bit costly for the translations, but it surely eliminates the doubt.
My aunt doesn't have a birth certificate. Only a baptism certificate. I think I'll explain it in the LOE, anyone used a cancelled passport to show links. My dad still has his India passport and his birth certificate

poojamangalam

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Hi, I have an aunt who is now a canadian citizen however, in order to show a link between her and my dad (same parents) can I use her cancelled Indian passport to show the link ?
Hi did you end up applying with old indian passport? Did it work?
I am in the same situation.