+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Means of Financial Support - Question

exp7

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Hello all, I got ITA for the Canadian Experience Class and now I have to upload some documents.

Mistaken I put 40,000 in the question "How much money (in Canadian dollars) will XXX bring to Canada to support themselves and their family? " and now it is required to upload some documentation in the section "Proof of Means of Financial Support".

What do you think I should do?
To change the amount from 40,000 to 0 dollars so that not to require to upload this documentation?
Or to do the following without changing the amount? Asking documents from the Canadian bank I work for the last 6 months?

Express Entry – Permanent Residents

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

Document: Proof of Means of Financial Support

Temporary Residents

If you are visiting Canada, you must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who will be with you while you are in Canada. Provide as many of these documents as you can:

your bank statements for the past four months
a bank draft in convertible currency
pay stubs
an employment letter
proof of assets or business
proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
tax reports, declarations or statements
proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

Check this page it clearly says below the table.
You can change it to 0 as CEC applicants do not have to show the funds

moises

Jul 5, 2012
exp7 said:
Hello all, I got ITA for the Canadian Experience Class and now I have to upload some documents.

Mistaken I put 40,000 in the question "How much money (in Canadian dollars) will XXX bring to Canada to support themselves and their family? " and now it is required to upload some documentation in the section "Proof of Means of Financial Support".

What do you think I should do?
To change the amount from 40,000 to 0 dollars so that not to require to upload this documentation?
Or to do the following without changing the amount? Asking documents from the Canadian bank I work for the last 6 months?

Document: Proof of Means of Financial Support

Temporary Residents

If you are visiting Canada, you must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who will be with you while you are in Canada. Provide as many of these documents as you can:

your bank statements for the past four months
a bank draft in convertible currency
pay stubs
an employment letter
proof of assets or business
proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
tax reports, declarations or statements
proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
proof of a Canadian bank account in your name if money has been transferred to Canada

list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).
How did you put the amount?I tried different variation in the box [ eg: 0 then 0.00 then $0 then $0.00 then $cad 0 to 0.00 ] and it doesn't allow me to go to the next page.