+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Marriage : Certificate having only Date of registration and not actual date of marriage

us2can

Dec 24, 2018
I have read similar questions on this forum, but don't see an answer of what people facing these issues finally did, and whether it worked or not.

My situation is as follows:
My marriage certificate lists only one date, which is of registration and not actual marriage date.
Now, unknowingly, I have used my actual date of marriage everywhere before this (in various non-canadian visa applications, US Visas, Schengen visas, Indian documents, passports, as well as my Canadian work permit.) So don't want to use a new date now for PR only and then have different date in Work permit and PR application.

While I am working on getting a new marriage certificate, that could take months as I need to travel to India for that.
I have my ITA doc submission due in 20 days.

Would listing this in the LOE be safe? and use the actual date of marriage in the answer to the question for marriage date. Has anyone had any positive or negative experience in this case.

Appreciate any responses/

ruhimadiwale

Sep 27, 2021
Hi,
Wondering if you were able to get through with your actual marriage date. I am in a slightly similar situation. My registration date is different and my marriage date is different. My certificate only has registration date not the date of our actual marriage( traditional marriage). Was LOE accepted in your case? Did you have any issues?