+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of funds

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys, regarding proof of funds, I don't need it when coming with a job offer, correct?
How are you coming with a job offer? LMIA and closed work permit? PNP work permit? Depends on the job, CBSA may want to see funds to show you have get settled.

Mr_Vino

Dec 7, 2022
How are you coming with a job offer? LMIA and closed work permit? PNP work permit? Depends on the job, CBSA may want to see funds to show you have get settled.
Hi @Naturgrl , quick question, do PNP work permit applications get processed faster than regular work permits? By PNP work permit I mean those who have been nominated by a province and are applying for a work permit, specifically outlanders.

Asking because in my country, the current processing time for a work permit is 48 weeks ~ 11 months and yet I know my PNP nomination is only valid for 6 months.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi @Naturgrl , quick question, do PNP work permit applications get processed faster than regular work permits? By PNP work permit I mean those who have been nominated by a province and are applying for a work permit, specifically outlanders.

Asking because in my country, the current processing time for a work permit is 48 weeks ~ 11 months and yet I know my PNP nomination is only valid for 6 months.
What province? If you have PNP nomination then you would have to show proof of funds. You would be applying for PR so nomination needs to valid when you apply for PR. You may get PR before work permit depending on processing times. Don’t know of expedited PNP work permits.

Mr_Vino

Dec 7, 2022
What province? If you have PNP nomination then you would have to show proof of funds. You would be applying for PR so nomination needs to valid when you apply for PR. You may get PR before work permit depending on processing times. Don’t know of expedited PNP work permits.
The province is Alberta. I already showed settlement funds when I applied for the nomination. I don't think I need to show proof of funds when I'm applying for work permit. Also, I'm not sure I might get PR before my nomination expires, I'm applying under the Alberta Rural Renewal program and current PR timeline for others who applied with the same program is going to a year.

I should also probably add that I've applied for a work permit support letter or 204(c) letter.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The province is Alberta. I already showed settlement funds when I applied for the nomination. I don't think I need to show proof of funds when I'm applying for work permit. Also, I'm not sure I might get PR before my nomination expires, I'm applying under the Alberta Rural Renewal program and current PR timeline for others who applied with the same program is going to a year.

I should also probably add that I've applied for a work permit support letter or 204(c) letter.
Settlement funds are POF. If you have applied for PR and work permit then all you can do is wait. Don’t believe that PNP nominees are expedited ahead of other work permit applications.

Reactions: Mr_Vino