+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK...but i think that will create another POF request by VO at later stages just to be sure about the authenticity of statement..anyways thanks for letting me know they are accepted...
devilhimselff said:
NO online statements are accepted. I sent one statement on Letter head and the other Print out.
I also provided details of the Bank, Branch and its contact number etc (in case they want to contact and verify your account) etc.
Many other (as posted here on the forum) have sent online statements and are accepted. I guess it might also vary from Bank/Country etc. But I guess, if you provide enough clear details (for verification) it should be ok.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
haral said:
OK...but i think that will create another POF request by VO at later stages just to be sure about the authenticity of statement..anyways thanks for letting me know they are accepted...
I guess, they might/do verify everything. Bank statement can very easily be verified by a simple phone call to Bank.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
devilhimselff said:
NO online statements are accepted. I sent one statement on Letter head and the other Print out.
I also provided details of the Bank, Branch and its contact number etc (in case they want to contact and verify your account) etc.
Many other (as posted here on the forum) have sent online statements and are accepted. I guess it might also vary from Bank/Country etc. But I guess, if you provide enough clear details (for verification) it should be ok.
Can you provide the link where it says somebody's online statement was accepted? I have not seen any one on this forum so far? According to my knowledge and experience online statements are a big risk as any one can create it; you just need a colour printer and good paper regardless you provide bank details like sort code, account number and bank address / telephone number. So there is a great chance they can be rejected. Regarding verification from banks I am not sure if they verify it from banks or not because people have conflicting opinions some say they do and some say opposite and some one even said according to data protection act banks are not allowed to leak information to 3rd parties. Hope it helps.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
I can go to my bank's online banking system and open the statement for my account. I "Save page as HTML", open up the HTML file in Notepad, amend my bank balance, save it and open the HTML page in an internet browser and hit "Print".

Really it is not difficult to forge printouts of online statements, which is why I would be very surprised if CIO accept them as proof of funds. The bank's own letterhead will be an authentic pre-printed paper, which will be different to printing it out yourself at home.

However this is just my opinion on the matter - for piece of mind I would suggest anyone with doubts contacts their visa office to get confirmation of what is and is not acceptable.

Wayne.
I second your opinion

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Cappuccino said:
I can go to my bank's online banking system and open the statement for my account. I "Save page as HTML", open up the HTML file in Notepad, amend my bank balance, save it and open the HTML page in an internet browser and hit "Print".

Really it is not difficult to forge printouts of online statements, which is why I would be very surprised if CIO accept them as proof of funds. The bank's own letterhead will be an authentic pre-printed paper, which will be different to printing it out yourself at home.

However this is just my opinion on the matter - for piece of mind I would suggest anyone with doubts contacts their visa office to get confirmation of what is and is not acceptable.

Wayne.
Wayne Bank Statement is not just the only thing that can or is faked, unfortunately
People send fake Job documents, Education, even AEO letters. I read the article (somewhere) where Minister Jason K. visited India Punjab and was shocked to see the pile of fake documents. I think it must have been posted in the news or on the forum.

Canadian Immigration offices are cautious/aware and do scrutinize applicants for Fraudulent documents, everything is verified. And Banks do reply to the Immigration offices if they call, I dont think there is any doubt in that.

pittabread said:
Can you provide the link where it says somebody's online statement was accepted?
Well no need for Link. Like I said, I sent 2 statement, one on official letter head and the other online Print out, with all the details/branch address contact etc printed online (Both totaling towards my required POF). And it got accepted. I read somewhere here on the forum that someone's else also got his/her application accepted.

A word of caution is that IT MIGHT vary from Country to Country, as my online was of a UK Bank, and I read on the forum someone used US bank online statement. BUT I have not heard of any refusal on the basis of providing Online statement. Like I said, they verify your documents, and POF might also be one of your documents that is verified.

Rest remains a personal choice. If you have easy access to Bank Statement, better to get that.

I personal think that they do verify everything. They have people who are probably trained to do sort out suspicious applicants and their documents. It would be difficult to believe that they dont check POF.

Please check the link below. Though a bit funny how people forge and expect to get away with it :)
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Politics/2010/09/05/15253336.html

Many of the people that are exploited by crooked consultants live overseas, and that's why we need the help of foreign governments to crack down on fraudsters and document counterfeiters who take thousands of dollars in exchange for nothing.”

Kenney described going to India's Punjab province in early 2009 and seeing what Canadian officials at the visa office there described as “the wall of shame.”

“There was everything from Photoshopped pictures of brides and grooms with heads on other people's bodies to fake letters of reference from MPs,” said Kenney.

Other forged documents seized by Canadian officials included falsified bank records, academic transcripts, fake marriage certificates and even counterfeit death certificates.

One group of fraudsters uncovered by Canadian officials in Hong Kong were dubbed “The Burgundy Suitcase Mafia.” More than a dozen applications to bring a spouses into Canada were submitted to the Canadian visa office in Hong Kong. All the photos showed a couple sitting on a bed, often surrounded by family members. Immigration officials questioning the applicants were assured the photos were all taken in their homes.

Under inspection, the Canadian officials noticed that all of the pictures were taken in the same room, with the same decorations. The biggest giveaway was the same burgundy suitcase sitting on top of a wardrobe in the top left corner of the photo.

Applicants eventually admitted they had paid on average $60,000 for a fraudulent package to guarantee their successful application to Canada.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
devilhimselff said:
Well no need for Link. Like I said, I sent 2 statement, one on official letter head and the other online Print out, with all the details/branch address contact etc printed online (Both totaling towards my required POF). And it got accepted. I read somewhere here on the forum that someone's else also got his/her application accepted.
How you know it got accepted?? Have you received your PR visa yet?

Thanks

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
devilhimselff said:
Wayne Bank Statement is not just the only thing that can or is faked, unfortunately
People send fake Job documents, Education, even AEO letters. I read the article (somewhere) where Minister Jason K. visited India Punjab and was shocked to see the pile of fake documents. I think it must have been posted in the news or on the forum.

Canadian Immigration offices are cautious/aware and do scrutinize applicants for Fraudulent documents, everything is verified. And Banks do reply to the Immigration offices if they call, I dont think there is any doubt in that.

A word of caution is that IT MIGHT vary from Country to Country, as my online was of a UK Bank, and I read on the forum someone used US bank online statement. BUT I have not heard of any refusal on the basis of providing Online statement. Like I said, they verify your documents, and POF might also be one of your documents that is verified.

Rest remains a personal choice. If you have easy access to Bank Statement, better to get that.

I personal think that they do verify everything. They have people who are probably trained to do sort out suspicious applicants and their documents. It would be difficult to believe that they dont check POF.

Please check the link below. Though a bit funny how people forge and expect to get away with it :)
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Politics/2010/09/05/15253336.html

Many of the people that are exploited by crooked consultants live overseas, and that's why we need the help of foreign governments to crack down on fraudsters and document counterfeiters who take thousands of dollars in exchange for nothing.”

Kenney described going to India's Punjab province in early 2009 and seeing what Canadian officials at the visa office there described as “the wall of shame.”

“There was everything from Photoshopped pictures of brides and grooms with heads on other people's bodies to fake letters of reference from MPs,” said Kenney.

Other forged documents seized by Canadian officials included falsified bank records, academic transcripts, fake marriage certificates and even counterfeit death certificates.

One group of fraudsters uncovered by Canadian officials in Hong Kong were dubbed “The Burgundy Suitcase Mafia.” More than a dozen applications to bring a spouses into Canada were submitted to the Canadian visa office in Hong Kong. All the photos showed a couple sitting on a bed, often surrounded by family members. Immigration officials questioning the applicants were assured the photos were all taken in their homes.

Under inspection, the Canadian officials noticed that all of the pictures were taken in the same room, with the same decorations. The biggest giveaway was the same burgundy suitcase sitting on top of a wardrobe in the top left corner of the photo.

Applicants eventually admitted they had paid on average $60,000 for a fraudulent package to guarantee their successful application to Canada.
We were talking here of the bank statements and not other stuff. You can't justify that because every thing can be forged so sending online statement is ok. Regarding UK I have lived there myself and even if you take your printed online statement to your bank they won't stamp it or verify for you. In my opinion sending online statements is a big risk and you should not compare it or mix it with other documents. Every document has its own merit.

Thanks

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
pittabread said:
How you know it got accepted?? Have you received your PR visa yet?

Thanks
Like I said, the application process is a personal one. Every candidate will have their own version of set of documents, depending on their approach. I (and many others) have sent online Bank statements, and they are in process...If you will Google it up, you can find many people doing it, even on this forum. I havent read anyone being refused due to Online statement as being given the specific reason.

ALSO It it might vary from Country to Country, if you have access to Bank Statement on letter head, its the best thing, BUT, if you do not have then online is fine as well, provided you can provide all the details of the Bank.

Well you guys were saying that Online Bank statements can be forged, my point is everything can be and is forged by fraudulent applicants and the Visa offices are aware of it. So how come they dont verify Bank Statements, if there is a doubt in their minds.

Also what you said that the Banks dont inform the Visa offices about the Bank Account verification details, that (in my opinion) is not correct. Its a common practice for the visa offices to call the Banks and ask for verification. I have had few of my relative (for other visas/countries) go through the "call".

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
devilhimselff said:
Like I said, the application process is a personal one. Every candidate will have their own version of set of documents, depending on their approach. I (and many others) have sent online Bank statements, and they are in process...If you will Google it up, you can find many people doing it, even on this forum. I havent read anyone being refused due to Online statement as being given the specific reason.

ALSO It it might vary from Country to Country, if you have access to Bank Statement on letter head, its the best thing, BUT, if you do not have then online is fine as well, provided you can provide all the details of the Bank.

Well you guys were saying that Online Bank statements can be forged, my point is everything can be and is forged by fraudulent applicants and the Visa offices are aware of it. So how come they dont verify Bank Statements, if there is a doubt in their minds.

Also what you said that the Banks dont inform the Visa offices about the Bank Account verification details, that (in my opinion) is not correct. Its a common practice for the visa offices to call the Banks and ask for verification. I have had few of my relative (for other visas/countries) go through the "call".
Dear can you provide the link please where many others are sending online statements? I googled it up and didn't find any?

If bank statement is genuine and it looks ok then there is no need for visa office to verify it. Data protection act does say banks are not allowed to tell your balance to 3rd parties. I am not too sure on this point? It is possible that CHC may have some internal system to verify balance..

I searched this forum and found the following link. Its about USA online statement. People here are saying they not even sure whether online thing will be accepted or not

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-funds-usa-bank-online-statement-is-ok-t40526.0.html

Thanks

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This link is worth looking regarding sending online statements. Thanks

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=50380