+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds

ethan123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Yes, I recieved a TA and RA for an amount of money that would be sufficient to pay tuition fees and living expenses. Is that enough or do i need to show something else?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Yes, I recieved a TA and RA for an amount of money that would be sufficient to pay tuition fees and living expenses. Is that enough or do i need to show something else?
I see. You need to include proof of fund before TA/RA... as those are the future income and anything can happen, not as your savings....However, include TA/RA letters in your application as well

ethan123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
I see. You need to include proof of fund before TA/RA... as those are the future income and anything can happen, not as your savings....However, include TA/RA letters in your application as well
What do you mean anything can happend? The TA and RA are guaranteed in fact I recieved a minimum amount of funding guaranteed for as long as I am enroled in the program, which is more than enough for tuition and living expenses.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
What do you mean anything can happend? The TA and RA are guaranteed in fact I recieved a minimum amount of funding guaranteed for as long as I am enroled in the program, which is more than enough for tuition and living expenses.
What I mean is RA/TA is not irrevocable. Yes It can be guaranteed but VO would most likely need to see proof of funding before the TA/RA though they are added adv... As as you just said " As long as you are enrolled in the problem, what happens when you are not? or you do not meet requirement like passing grades?. Lastly I'm not sure what you mean when you say "it is MORE than enough for tuition and living expenses", my experience with Phd funding, it can not be enough for ALL your living expenses but you are guaranteed with tuition fees, it depends on the province...But if you feel TA/RA are more than enough proof of fund, then you can apply, VO will make the final decision.. proof of fund is one requirement but there are others which you may meet, so All the best

ethan123

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
What I mean is RA/TA is not irrevocable. Yes It can be guaranteed but VO would most likely need to see proof of funding before you TA/RA. As as you just said " As long as you are enrolled in the problem, what happens when you are not? or you do not meet requirement like passing grades?. Lastly I'm not sure what you mean when you say "it is MORE than enough for tuition and living expenses", my experience with Phd funding, it can not be enough for ALL your living expenses but you are guaranteed with tuition fees, it depends on the province...
If I am not enrolled in the program I am back in my country and If i do not meet passing grades I will be expelled. My tuition is around 10000 and living expenses another 10000 I have guarenteed at least 30000 per year, that is what i mean when i say more than enough.

My question is because I can show enough money to live in canada until i get paid, but not more than that.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
If I am not enrolled in the program I am back in my country and If i do not meet passing grades I will be expelled. My tuition is around 10000 and living expenses another 10000 I have guarenteed at least 30000 per year, that is what i mean when i say more than enough.

My question is because I can show enough money to live in canada until i get paid, but not more than that.
And that was my point. I wish you could be more elaborative on your first message as the last one that includes the amounts....but I'll leave to other experienced members to comment and advice. In my opinion, your tuition fee is covered and your future living expenses some how in form of guarantee. I follow other threads, yes some got approved, others provided additional proof of funds. In your case, as you explained you are applying from within, I would suggest to apply and include your letters for TA/RA as proof of fund. what else can you do if you can't provide additional PoF?

Reactions: ethan123