+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

proof of funds

k1123

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
i just wanted to know even if i m working in canada do i still need to show proof of funds

supamh10

Star Member
May 23, 2013
k1123 said:
i just wanted to know even if i m working in canada do i still need to show proof of funds
No, if u r working in canada or have an LMIA, no need to show the funds.

Cheers!!!!!!

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This brings me to another question...What is considered under proof of funds? (cash in bank accounts, FD's, social security amounts like provident funds, gold)

Also are there any conditions or timelines applied on the amount? Like for example one may borrow some money and deposit in the bank account to show that he has the necessary funds as disclosed in his profile.

Splashdown21

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
AOR Received.
31-03-2015
IELTS Request
09-04-2015
File Transfer...
09-04-2015
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015
Passport Req..
23-06-2015
Looking at the criteria for the 'Proof of funds' on my ITA, it states that 'If you are applying for permanent residence in canada, (in other words if you are applying for PR and you are currently in Canada) then you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile'. It goes on to say it must cover the last 6 months.

k1123

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Splashdown21 said:
Looking at the criteria for the 'Proof of funds' on my ITA, it states that 'If you are applying for permanent residence in canada, (in other words if you are applying for PR and you are currently in Canada) then you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile'. It goes on to say it must cover the last 6 months.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
it clearly says if u have wp or lmia u dont need to

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YES you DO need to give them the proof. and as it says after you received your ITA, the same thing will be after you continue after filling in the whole profile again.
where are all the documents to upload, one of them is proof of means.

k1123

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
colorblind said:
YES you DO need to give them the proof. and as it says after you received your ITA, the same thing will be after you continue after filling in the whole profile again.
where are all the documents to upload, one of them is proof of means.

either way i have lmia and work permit both

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
k1123 said:
either way i have lmia and work permit both

And what do you mean by that?
If you don't upload all the documents on your checklist, you can't submit your application.

k1123

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
colorblind said:
And what do you mean by that?
If you don't upload all the documents on your checklist, you can't submit your application.
my lawyer told me it doesnt ask for my proof of funds bcz i am working in cAnada on a job based on lmia

iphone5

Aug 12, 2014
for fsw do we need to show past 6 months account statement or just account balance certificate will suffice?

colorblind

Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well.... then you should listen to him, as they are better then God.. and I think you should also pay him at least 500$ for that info.

you asked a question, and now you don't want to accept answers that do not comply with your super lawyer?

I submitted the application, wanted to help you since I've just done it. And I'm in Canada. and I'm o WP with Job offer and lmia.

so sorry if I don't have the answer you want.

???

iphone5 - dunno, we're CEC, but I believe it's all the same.

I've posted the photo that's on the application, I went with that to the bank, and they gave me a letter with my info, when was it opened, the balances for the last 6 months as well as the statements.

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, Proof of Funds is a requirement BUT the difference lies in what constitutes a proof of fund, depending on whether you're working inside Canada or not. If you are

working inside Canada, you must show your tax returns, bank statements, pay stubs, etc., but there is no requirement for showing a minimum balance. On the other hand, for people outside of Canada, proof of funds must show the minimum required balances.

ee2015

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Auone said:
Guys, Proof of Funds is a requirement BUT the difference lies in what constitutes a proof of fund, depending on whether you're working inside Canada or not. If you are

working inside Canada, you must show your tax returns, bank statements, pay stubs, etc., but there is no requirement for showing a minimum balance. On the other hand, for people outside of Canada, proof of funds must show the minimum required balances.
Hi,
I am working on PGWP, and I saw on CIC website that about $12,000 is required to support myself(1 member). but since I am on PGWP, I can just put in whatever amount in my bank account? Like even less than $6000 will be fine?

Thank you!!!

Auone

Aug 20, 2013
London, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ee2015 said:
Hi,
I am working on PGWP, and I saw on CIC website that about $12,000 is required to support myself(1 member). but since I am on PGWP, I can just put in whatever amount in my bank account? Like even less than $6000 will be fine?

Thank you!!!
Yes, if you qualify for CEC, then it should be fine. But for FSW, I think an LMIA supported job is a must.