+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds while Landing at the Port of Entry.

mountain

Nov 25, 2006
Dear all,
Can anyone suggest me about the ‘Proof of funds’ while landing at the first port of entry? We are a family of four and I will be the first person to land in Edmonton in April while the rest will follow in July. Is it possible to show the proof of funds for all the family members when I first land in April and they will not be showing any money in July? Or they still have to show the money in July too?

Thanks,

Mountain.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mountain said:
Dear all,
Can anyone suggest me about the ‘Proof of funds’ while landing at the first port of entry? We are a family of four and I will be the first person to land in Edmonton in April while the rest will follow in July. Is it possible to show the proof of funds for all the family members when I first land in April and they will not be showing any money in July? Or they still have to show the money in July too?

Thanks,

Mountain.
If you are the principal applicant and landing first, you must show proof of funds for the total family at the time of your landing.

PMM

trick-r-treat

Jan 18, 2007
So, if you close out your accounts before you leave your country, and all you have is the cash on you, is that proof enough?

craig53

Feb 1, 2006
Read carefully the requirements on bringing large sums of money into Canada-- yeah you can bring the "cash" but there are procedures to follow-- I would imagine pmm can fill you in on the details. Good luck

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

craig53 said:
Read carefully the requirements on bringing large sums of money into Canada-- yeah you can bring the "cash" but there are procedures to follow-- I would imagine pmm can fill you in on the details. Good luck
You have to declare to Canada Customs any amounts over 10K in monetary instruments, cash, travellers cheques, bonds, but not gold.
It is no big deal, but make sure you declare it as you risk losing the money or paying a fine. CBSA really worries about money laundering.
For large amounts, it is much better to have a bank, such as HSBC transfer the funds to a Canadian account.

PMM

mountain

Nov 25, 2006
Dear PMM,

It means that my family will not again have to show the proof of funds if I show the required amount as the proof of funds when I first land as the principle applicant. They can just fly in with just a few hundreds CAD $ as pocket money, right?

Your opinions in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mountain

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mountain said:
Dear PMM,

It means that my family will not again have to show the proof of funds if I show the required amount as the proof of funds when I first land as the principle applicant. They can just fly in with just a few hundreds CAD $ as pocket money, right?

Your opinions in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mountain
Yes,

PMM

eceric01

Jun 20, 2007
Hello everyone! Me and my wife will arrive at Vancouver next month I would like to know if I can show a bank certificate to prove my funds? How will the IO verify the bank certificate? Will s/he call the bank for verification.

I will really appreciate your help!!! Thanks!!!!

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
eceric01 said:
Hello everyone! Me and my wife will arrive at Vancouver next month I would like to know if I can show a bank certificate to prove my funds? How will the IO verify the bank certificate? Will s/he call the bank for verification.

Hi eceric01

I guess you meant to say "Certified Cheque" or Bank Draft in USD or CAD Dollar issued at your name right? if it is I don't think it could be a problem; but make sure to declare it to the Customs due that it probably will be over than $10,000 CAD/USD you may also use traveller cheques, they are very safety.

Regards
Eduardo

choizzy

Jun 11, 2007
eceric01 said:

Hi eceric01,

Is it what you mean with bank certificate is the one issued from the bank in your country and the bank certificate you showed as your proof of funds in your application? Pls clarify... Advisable as a proof of funds-certified check, bank draft and traveller checks. Bank draft is acceptable/deposited any bank here in Canada, but there is a clearing period of 1 month.

Hope this help..

dyez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Philippines
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
Hi guys!

I got PPR and I'll be landing in Canada in the next few months.

My question is, for my settlement funds to bring with me, should I bring only USD/CAD? Or am I allowed to bring the entire settlement funds in my country's currency? I'm from the Philippines and using my settlement funds to buy USD/CAD will bring down the value of my money and I'll lose quite a significant amount--enough to make me not meet the minimum requirements for immigration. However, if I bring money in my currency and use the general average currency conversion to calculate the approximate value of my currency in CAD, I will meet the minimum and even go a bit beyond.

Please advise. Thank you!

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
Hi guys!

I got PPR and I'll be landing in Canada in the next few months.

My question is, for my settlement funds to bring with me, should I bring only USD/CAD? Or am I allowed to bring the entire settlement funds in my country's currency? I'm from the Philippines and using my settlement funds to buy USD/CAD will bring down the value of my money and I'll lose quite a significant amount--enough to make me not meet the minimum requirements for immigration. However, if I bring money in my currency and use the general average currency conversion to calculate the approximate value of my currency in CAD, I will meet the minimum and even go a bit beyond.
Please advise. Thank you!
You need to carry CAD $$, local currency won't be accepted as POF during entry to canada. When travelling overseas, you have to carry USD$$ or entry countries currency. It is not that easy to get local currency converted to USD$$ or CAN$$ overseas. You can bring USD$$. But, converting the PESO to USD$$ and again USD$$ to CAD$$ will lead you to loose more money (unless the USD$$ value goes up). I would suggest you to carry CAD$$.

dyez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Philippines
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
You need to carry CAD $$, local currency won't be accepted as POF during entry to canada. When travelling overseas, you have to carry USD$$ or entry countries currency. It is not that easy to get local currency converted to USD$$ or CAN$$ overseas. You can bring USD$$. But, converting the PESO to USD$$ and again USD$$ to CAD$$ will lead you to loose more money (unless the USD$$ value goes up). I would suggest you to carry CAD$$.
The reason I'm asking is because my POF is just for the sake of showing settlement funds; I'll have to return them immediately in my local currency to my parents as I will have a place to stay in Canada and a relative will be giving me Canadian dollars there once I'm there to help me start my life in Canada.

I'd like to verify if currencies other than C$ and US$ are really not going to be accepted as proof for settlement funds and bringing such currencies that meet the minimum POF requirements when converted will cause the immigration officer to deny me entry amd deport me to my country?